Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Trump Cabinet nominee Rep. Tom Price using legislation for personal profit

New reporting is out showing that Rep. Tom Price, Trump's HHS nominee crafted legislation to personally profit himself and Zimmer Biomet, a company he had purchased stock in just prior to introducing company-backed legislation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politi...8PMVODtopPhoto

Using insider information gleaned through the legislative process has been illegal since the STOCK Act of 2012.

To make matters worse:
    Two days after the letter, Zimmer Biomet's PAC cut Price's reelection committee a check worth $1,000, according to campaign finance filings.
    So the order of events here goes:
    1. Purchase stock in Zimmer Biomat
    2. Less than a week later, introduce legislation that increases the stock value of Zimmer Biomat
    3. Three months later Zimmer Biomat's PAC gives money to Price's reelection campaign.

This man must not be confirmed for higher office.

inb4 'fake news lol cnn salty dems trial by media can't prove it'

Note that this isn't the first time he's done this:

The new revelation is the latest example of Price trading stock in a healthcare firm at the same time as pursuing legislation that could impact a company's share price. The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them.
    Now, could this have been innocent? All done through a broker as he says? Sure. But if you're genuinely interested in 'draining the swamp', you should have no reason to disagree with getting this incident fully investigated before this guy is confirmed.

I have to say that this is pretty suspect. I am dissapointed.

How very shocking! ...not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Honestly, I didn't expect Trump to live up to the "drain the swamp" rhetoric, but I expected a better show of it than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Honestly, I didn't expect Trump to live up to the "drain the swamp" rhetoric, but I expected a better show of it than this.
    Yep, especially since he was railing against Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton for their "Goldman Sachs" ties. But then you look at Trump's picks and about 5 or 6 have ties to Goldman Sachs. He's basically saying to look over there as he sneaks them in the back door.

There are always problems with cabinet nominees. *hand waving*

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    CNN - Yeah not going to trust that source.
    Not even going to discuss the rest if no reliable source is being provided.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Putin or Julian Assange couldn't be reached for a statement. Sorry.

Hmm, US politicians seem to be so cheap to buy... 300k $ of stocks by volume, not even by profit? 1000 $ in campaign contributions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Hmm, US politicians seem to be so cheap to buy... 300k $ of stocks by volume, not even by profit? 1000 $ in campaign contributions?
    It could have been 1 cent, it'd still be illegal.

But yes, most US politicians (on both sides of the aisle) are cheap to buy. It's just that multiple small amounts over time add up.

Deleted
    if it's really that blatantly obviously illegal, i'm sure somebody will sue him over it.

Deleted
    He's trying to trump Trump at his own game!

lol what a lovely world you've built around yourself.

Everything that doesn't validate your world view is fake news.

'Member the days when that really was only a moniker for places like Breitbart or Huffington Post?

I member.

Then Trump came along and scammed a bunch of fools into thinking everything he proclaims as "fake" is fake.

~~~~~~~~~~~

OT: Is anyone surprised? I mean, really? Anyone? This is a man who boasted about making money during the housing crash. A man who says he's smart for not paying his fair share of taxes. Is anyone really surprised that his cabinet does the same?

Deleted
    Fox or brietbart only?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol what a lovely world you've built around yourself.

Everything that doesn't validate your world view is fake news.

'Member the days when that really was only a moniker for places like Breitbart or Huffington Post?

I member.

Then Trump came along and scammed a bunch of fools into thinking everything he proclaims as "fake" is fake.

~~~~~~~~~~~

OT: Is anyone surprised? I mean, really? Anyone? This is a man who boasted about making money during the housing crash. A man who says he's smart for not paying his fair share of taxes. Is anyone really surprised that his cabinet does the same?
    You do the same with any other news website thats being linked, so don't see why I can't take your tricks.
    Let me link you a breitbart news article and see how you react .

15+ Year Old Account
    Breitbart, the pinnacle of reporting on such news stories as Obama is a Kenyan Muslim with a fake birth certificate, and Hillary Clinton is a satan worshipping she devil with a child sex trafficking ring.

The difference is... all the other sources tend to have documents, personal accounts, affadavits, videos, and simply links to solid proof. Meanwhile Breitbart takes a shit, pulls that shit out of the toilet, and puts it up on the internet with zero links to any kind of proof whatsoever.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Breitbart, the pinnacle of reporting on such news stories as Obama is a Kenyan Muslim with a fake birth certificate, and Hillary Clinton is a satan worshipping she devil with a child sex trafficking ring.

The difference is... all the other sources tend to have documents, personal accounts, affadavits, videos, and simply links to solid proof. Meanwhile Breitbart takes a shit, pulls that shit out of the toilet, and puts it up on the internet with zero links to any kind of proof whatsoever.
    Im sure you believe that, all news sites have agenda's. Just because you agree with this one doesn't make it any more credible.

You do the same with any other news website thats being linked, so don't see why I can't take your tricks.
    Did you miss me saying Breitbart and HuffPo used to be the fake sites? Because it wasn't a very long post.

Breitbart is not equivalent to CNN lol. Despite what your Glorious Leader might suggest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Did you miss me saying Breitbart and HuffPo used to be the fake sites? Because it wasn't a very long post.

Breitbart is not equivalent to CNN lol. Despite what your Glorious Leader might suggest.
    What glorious leader?