Deleted

Legendary upgrades logic missing?

So i was wondering, wtf was Blizzard thinking?
    You can get Legendary from simple wq, but you have to do Raiding and mythic+ to get your damn upgrade.
    But it comes even worse:
    While we have to do a probably long going, practically time gated quest to get our upgrade, the players who are lucky enough to have their good legendaries ahead of them might simply pull them out from emissary chest or even from Blingtron daily fully upgraded and rdy to go.
    Am I the only one who thinks this is totally incomprehensible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lasmoky View Post
    You can get Legendary from simple wq, but you have to do Raiding and mythic+ to get your damn upgrade.
    But it comes even worse:
    While we have to do a probably long going, practically time gated quest to get our upgrade, the players who are lucky enough to have their good legendaries ahead of them might simply pull them out from emissary chest or even from Blingtron daily fully upgraded and rdy to go.
    Looks like you need to convert to the church of RNGesus and get to praying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

No.

Just about every discussion I've read thinks this is a ridiculous design decision. Blizzard hasn't been forthcoming with either detail on why this design was necessary or with an alternate solution.

Legendaries can be upgraded without ever going into a raid. It will just take longer. Also if you don't even do mythic + what is the need until 7.2 for a 940. Everything in the game world is already easy as hell. I think its incomprehensible that someone who never touches a mythic + or raid can get bis gear still.

The quest isn't anything hard, just get a few shards, can be done on lfr even. But yes it is a bit odd that ones after night hold open will be upgraded already.

Fairly certain you also can upgrade them from Emissary caches, so I don't see the problem for the people not raiding or doing Mythic+.

Of course, not a secret that those players that play more get things faster, so makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we have to do a probably long going, practically time gated quest to get our upgrade, ?
    False. read the recent blue post on this

But it comes even worse:
    Are you? No. Does it matter? Also no.

Why do people that don't do instanced content so worried about upgrading a legendary? Are you really struggling to kill those bears and harpies in Highmountain?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see your issue, it's just collecting some shit from raid bosses (and I think you can even get away with doing it on freeloot difficulty).
    Any player for whom an ilvl upgrade actually matters will agree that it is utterly trivial to collect these upgrade resources, and any player who considers this a difficult task clearly never will do any content for which it matters what ilvl his legendaries are at.

Sure, it could just as well have been another automatic upgrade like the 890-910 one, but it's not a big enough hassle to make such a fuss over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Honestly, it just seems easy. Besides, I WANT TO HAVE THE ESSENCE OF A GOD!

I have Aggramar's stride, Justice Gaze, and now I'm prepared for more. Besides, I also did my legendary ring/clock business, cause LORE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    I don't see your issue, it's just collecting some shit from raid bosses (and I think you can even get away with doing it on freeloot difficulty).
    Any player for whom an ilvl upgrade actually matters will agree that it is utterly trivial to collect these upgrade resources, and any player who considers this a difficult task clearly never will do any content for which it matters what ilvl his legendaries are at.

Sure, it could just as well have been another automatic upgrade like the 890-910 one, but it's not a big enough hassle to make such a fuss over.
    You can upgrade your legendary from 910, to 940...

I guess people forget that Blizzard are catering for people that either can't raid or don't want for a number of reasons.
    Just to inform, you can farm 6 legendaries, with some of those by simply killing a boss. The sentiment they are now were in there as early as TBC which is what, 2007? Warglaives from ... oh lookie! Illidan .
    They way they designed it isn't to force anyone to do anything and rewards those that play more but not pigeon hole people to content they may not have even time for anymore but want to still play.
    They're not stupid and have been doing this kind of thing for years. People just tend to overlook it when features come in.
    Big deal they come from several areas? Just means for those they monopolise those areas get a potential better chance with RNG. The logic is generally missing on players because they don't see the full picture from behind the scenes.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-01-13 at 11:51 PM.

Got one of the new legendaries this week. I swore out loud because it wasn't my BiS, but I silently cheered that it will hopefully drop next week and avoid doing a quest to upgrade it!... although I'm fairly certain the next legendary I get will still not be BiS. Remember they days when a legendary dropped and you were happy? No amount of upgrade essence will fix that.

*edit* - Personally, I think the items required to upgrade a legendary should have a chance at the bare minimum to drop from the same sources as the legendaries themselves. Doesn't have to yield the same amount, similar to the Illidan soul fragment quest.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2017-01-13 at 11:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    You can upgrade your legendary from 910, to 940...
    I know, that's what this thread is about (some guy whining about the method by which we upgrade).
    What about my quoted post made you feel the need to point that out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Deleted
    If you dont raid / or do mythic + you prolly dont need a legendary upgrade anyway..... just my 2 cents

If you can't do a M +2, you probably shouldn't be playing this game.

I'm being serious. This game is about time investment and Low to moderate skill. If you have neither you need to uninstall.

What does depress me though is that I can't escape playing this game with a bunch of lazy entitled kiddos.
    Last edited by Ysho; 2017-01-14 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoat View Post
    I know, that's what this thread is about (some guy whining about the method by which we upgrade).
    What about my quoted post made you feel the need to point that out?
    See, I thought you said that legendaries upgrade from 890, to 910. Must've not red it all. I apologize...

not really - they probably already regret not making us grind upgrades to get legendaries from 895 to 910 previously, all that missed 'content'