Confused about proper cooldown useage.opener/rotation flow.

So i've been wanting to try out a monk and i'm sitting here after making a lvl 100 trial just absolutely confused about proper use of Energizing Elixer as well as the opener. With EE it seems you would want to dump energy and chi beforehand but i'm having a hard time finding a way to do that without feeling like i'm wasting the chi and energy due to hit combo and dumping beforehand. I take it you would want to do a tiger palm blackout kick tiger palm at the start before casting serenity then using rising sun kick into fof into rising sun kick and then a tigerpalm into blackout kick? I'm having a hard time finding good info on proper use of the opening sequence, serenity and EE and the rotation in general. It seems i'm having a hard time making things line up properly like I feel they should. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Measure; 2017-01-14 at 01:26 AM.

Honestly, just go power strikes till you better master the class. It's one less thing to think about and it's only slightly behind EE (being used perfectly).

EE is a little awkward to use properly in single target. Dump your chi beforehand on BoKs (while keeping hit combo, CJL is fine to use here since you get your energy back anyways), and pop it for FoF or RSK.

Where EE really pulls ahead of Power Strikes is in AoE. It gives you the resources you need to pump out lots of high-powered SCKs.