Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Will the GOP impeach Trump at the first Opportunity?

Will the GOP impeach Trump at the first opportunity?

Lets face it the GOP hate Trump but atm he is very useful to get them power which he has done so but what all the shit and baggage Trump seems to have atm will the GOP impeach him in the near future?

All it takes to impeach a president is an excuse and it seems Trump is gonna give the GOP all the ammunition it will need to do so what with all his business dealings, and a fuck ton of other skeletons he seems to have in his closet.

Thing is politics and especially party politics is a game that Trump has no idea how to play but he will find out to his cost there is other people who know how to play the game perfectly and you better believe he will be fucked by that game at the first opportune moment!

It really depends how much trump is willing to stay out of their way. If he hinders their plans in any meaningful way he will be out of there fast. If he continues to be a bumbling idiot they will let things run their course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans and Democrats hate him. But if he's able to build a strong team, he'll be very hard to remove.

But then again that's what's going to be interesting in the coming weeks. To see the battle for power is tremendously enlightening.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

If they can truly find corruption they will or if Trump is truly as unstable as he appears to be.

As it stands Pence is far more to their liking anyway and Pence is further right wing than any Presidential candidate could truly be on their own.

That said Pence is already running much of the day to day show. He's taking the security briefings and doing who all knows what else behind the scenes. Trump is making clear that he's just setting broad policy, which is basically what he does with his business in determination of branding. Trump knows he's unsuited to even lead a parade down a straight street and has since probably his 2nd bankruptcy. He's much happier basking in the idea of being in charge than actually making things work or being a statesman.

Basically he's Zaphod Beeblebrox.

I don't think so. What, only 2 Presidents have been impeached?

He's the perfect idiot for Mitch McConnel and Paul Ryan, why would they remove him unless he tries to buck the system.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gsfgsjjkg View Post
    Will the GOP impeach Trump at the first opportunity?

Lets face it the GOP hate Trump but atm he is very useful to get them power which he has done so but what all the shit and baggage Trump seems to have atm will the GOP impeach him in the near future?

All it takes to impeach a president is an excuse and it seems Trump is gonna give the GOP all the ammunition it will need to do so what with all his business dealings, and a fuck ton of other skeletons he seems to have in his closet.

Thing is politics and especially party politics is a game that Trump has no idea how to play but he will find out to his cost there is other people who know how to play the game perfectly and you better believe he will be fucked by that game at the first opportune moment!
    Not likely, they want to hold onto power in 2020, and their base is the property of Trump now. If they smite at him now they will be doomed in 2020 when redistricting hits and if they have a series of setbacks by then the GOP will likely lose the House for some time.

2020 is too critical for them to risk it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

He is going to sign every bill they send to him, why would they ever get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I don't think so. What, only 2 Presidents have been impeached?
    Zero. No president in US history has ever been impeached. The closest any president has come to being (likely) impeached, was Nixon. Though, he resigned before congress had a chance to do so.

OT: pretty much what has already been said: If he becomes more harmful, then beneficial, they will toss him to the dogs. But until then, they will likely use him as a way to implement their policies, and secure their foothold in congress.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not likely, they want to hold onto power in 2020, and their base is the property of Trump now. If they smite at him now they will be doomed in 2020 when redistricting hits and if they have a series of setbacks by then the GOP will likely lose the House for some time.

2020 is too critical for them to risk it.
    I am actually curious as to the average age of the GOP voting base. I thought their biggest fanbase was the 65+ crowd. If that is true, then what they are attempting to implement in congress, as well as their ideals be extremely alienating to the voters that will likely live past 2030-2035?

It just seems very short sighted to me.
    Last edited by Baneth; 2017-01-14 at 03:35 AM.

Only if something really bad happened. The GOP will likely just keep him in place because he'll probably sign every Republican stamped bill that makes it to his office without reading them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance. Thats political suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    Zero. No president in US history has ever been impeached. The closest any president has come to being (likely) impeached, was Ronald Reagon. Though, he resigned before congress had a chance to do so.
    What? Bill Clinton was impeached like 20 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zero. No president in US history has ever been impeached. The closest any president has come to being (likely) impeached, was Ronald Reagon. Though, he resigned before congress had a chance to do so.

I think you mean Nixon, Regan never faced impeachment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    What? Bill Clinton was impeached like 20 years ago.
    He was but the Senate was Dem controlled so he got off.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Impeachment doesn't mean shit. Just look at Bill Clinton. He was impeached and remained in office.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Impeachment doesn't mean shit. Just look at Bill Clinton. He was impeached and remained in office.
    The house got him on the charges for Impeachment except the Senate. So I mean it's still possible, just unlikely.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I think you mean Nixon, Regan never faced impeachment.

- - - Updated - - -

He was but the Senate was Dem controlled so he got off.
    Gah, I always get the two mixed up ...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zero. No president in US history has ever been impeached. The closest any president has come to being (likely) impeached, was Ronald Reagon.
    You have your Presidents wrong, it was Nixon that probably would have been impeached rather than Reagan. Reagan was one of the most popular Presidents ever and one of the few in the last 40 years that didn't have impeachment talk.

Trump being impeached is incredibly unlikely though so don't get your hopes too high for that. It takes a majority vote in the House, and then 2/3 in the Senate...and both are Republican controlled. It would take something truly insanely horrible for that many Republicans in Congress to vote to impeach a sitting Republican President. The bar for that would be really, really, high. It would have to be something really terrible, verifiable, and undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No, the senate was controlled by democrats. So the impeachment did not follow through. No US president has ever been impeached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is even democrats would be hard pressed to vote to impeach Trump since Pence is worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    You have your Presidents wrong, it was Nixon that probably would have been impeached rather than Reagan. Reagan was one of the most popular Presidents ever and one of the few in the last 40 years that didn't have impeachment talk.

Trump being impeached is incredibly unlikely though so don't get your hopes too high for that. It takes a majority vote in the House, and then 2/3 in the Senate...and both are Republican controlled. It would take something truly insanely horrible for that many Republicans in Congress to vote to impeach a sitting Republican President. The bar for that would be really, really, high. It would have to be something really terrible, verifiable, and undeniable.
    Yeah, I fixed that in my original post . My bad!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Thing is even democrats would be hard pressed to vote to impeach Trump since Pence is worse.
    Think of the possibility though! They might not only be able to impeach one awful president, but TWO. or at the very least, his policies would alienate a good portion of the country, thereby giving Democrats more ammo to use in 2020.