Talking Facing Issue in skittish as Tank

I have been playing as druid since the beginning of legion but as moonkin I was not satisfied with the DPS am doing so I switched to Guardian since then it was easy to tank in any modification till I played in skittish mode and it was the tough for me tank without a hunter or rogue, It hard to tank specially with class that have burst DMG in the beginning like warriors. So I would like to know how to solve this issue as Guardian.

Ilevel 876

Is it hard to tank in Skittish for all Guardians ? and how to solve it

What is better to use DPS trinkets or Tanking trinkets ?

Thanks

In skittish you rely on cc and kiting more than your tanking. Tell ppl to go wank if they go all in at the beginning of a boss, esp if they're melee.

Wear 2x dps trinkets. No point being tanky if nothings hitting you.

Deleted
    Talents to consider are: Incarnation (reduces taunt cd and is a great burst CD to establish aggro on bosses or big pulls), Lunar Beam because it really helps to have aoe damage cd's regularly, Balance aff, so that you don't accidentally miss stuff that then proceeds to run away from you, Brambles, because it turns your Barkskin into a very minor aoe CD and Survival of the fittest, because it buffs Brambles. I also roll with ST stun and the new Fear roar (even though I don't think I like this one, but want to test it).

Also group comp: If you have a demon hunter, keep your incarn for the bosses that he uses meta for, you will need to taunt them almost permanently and for trash tell him not to Eyebeam on the pull. Same goes for other AoE CD's like Syndragosa and the like, if they are used on pull, the user is almost certainly going to get meleed to death and there is very little you can do. Hunters and Rogues are your best friends obviously.

Further stuff: You want to mark priority targets and get your group to follow the priority you set. If everyone is using most of their damage on the same thing as you, you have good chances of staying ahead on threat. If everyone focusses different mobs, you have to aoe to stay ahead on all of them and that diminishes your chances.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good suggestions, tbh I would just bring a rogue or hunter. Skittish is the week to bring a rogue imo, take advantage of ToT.

If hunter/rogue isn't an option maybe pair with a resto druid for vortex?

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how skittish works. If it just slows your threat gen down, bring back the days of "don't attack until 3 sunders!" on bosses (you get the idea)
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Skittish just gives your abilities decaying threat, you dont make less threat, just use your sleeper and/or incarnation at the same time as burst classes cooldowns. Waiting for 3 sunders type thing is exactly the opposite, your 3 sunders will mean nothing 5 seconds later, just the abilities you used in that 5 seconds of time are everything.

I thought skittish meant that mobs reset agro completely?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Skittish just gives your abilities decaying threat, you dont make less threat, just use your sleeper and/or incarnation at the same time as burst classes cooldowns. Waiting for 3 sunders type thing is exactly the opposite, your 3 sunders will mean nothing 5 seconds later, just the abilities you used in that 5 seconds of time are everything.
    Good to know thanks for the info!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    I thought skittish meant that mobs reset agro completely?
    No. It just means tanks generate less threat. There is no agro reset or threat drops. Just imagine the tank as a dps trying to hold threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Talents to consider are: Incarnation (reduces taunt cd and is a great burst CD to establish aggro on bosses or big pulls), Lunar Beam because it really helps to have aoe damage cd's regularly, Balance aff, so that you don't accidentally miss stuff that then proceeds to run away from you, Brambles, because it turns your Barkskin into a very minor aoe CD and Survival of the fittest, because it buffs Brambles. I also roll with ST stun and the new Fear roar (even though I don't think I like this one, but want to test it).

Also group comp: If you have a demon hunter, keep your incarn for the bosses that he uses meta for, you will need to taunt them almost permanently and for trash tell him not to Eyebeam on the pull. Same goes for other AoE CD's like Syndragosa and the like, if they are used on pull, the user is almost certainly going to get meleed to death and there is very little you can do. Hunters and Rogues are your best friends obviously.

Further stuff: You want to mark priority targets and get your group to follow the priority you set. If everyone is using most of their damage on the same thing as you, you have good chances of staying ahead on threat. If everyone focusses different mobs, you have to aoe to stay ahead on all of them and that diminishes your chances.
    Thanks alot for the info, I've have tried different technique from talents and trinkets, Its hard to maintain threat especially for large groups but I've manage it with Lunar Beam and changing my trinkets to DPS.

Really depends how much burst your DPSers bring, too. At the end of the day, Skittish isn't just a tank-only mechanic, it's a group cooperation mechanic (especially in AoE situations). Usually having a 2-3 GCD head start is good enough, and some mobs you can really just let the DPSers tank safely. From a single-target perspective, I've found if I can burst a ton of damage into the Taunt window I'll always win.

I'm in agreement with Greif9 about our new fear, though. I really hate how the fear causes mobs to run away, gave me a heart attack in MoS when I was playing with it and spread adds can hurt cleave DPS in some situations. It does have potential, but unless I really need to kite mobs or stop them from attacking DPSers, the baseline roar is good enough for interrupt purposes without wandering adds.