Balance Stat Priority question 7.1.5

So, at the moment I have the following stats:
    Crit- 11%
    Hate- 37%
    Mastery- 61%
    Versatility-1%

My question is, is there any reason why I wouldnt want to take mastery over crit ?
    Is there a threshold for crit I wouldnt want to go under? and if so, why ?

Secondly, I'm trying to get my sims to be useful using simulationcraft but it keeps giving me the following prioritization:
    Versatility > Crit >= Haste > Mastery
    even after increasing my crit to about 20% and reducing mastery and haste.
    This doesnt seem to make sense and also placing an item that works according to the given pawn string will cause in dps loss simulated.
    any clue as to why? and can someone give me some stat guidelines?

P.S
    I use both ED and IFE.

thanks for anyone replying.

Do you actually have 37% Haste?

Also it depends how you are simming yourself, if its the default patchwerk fight using purely single target talents then the results are not surprising. As you already have quite a lot of haste. Mastery loses a little value since you would have no reason to cast starfall on a purely single target fight with those talents and without Oneth's. given your low values of crit and versatility its no surprise that they are valued so high.

The pawn string takes into account stat weights given your current stat amounts, however changing one piece will change those amounts and thus the stat weights, It's more of a rough guide line.

To answer your question, yes I have 36.91% haste,
    and I can understand how I can benefit a lot from versatility and crit more than mastery at this point but what I dont understand is how the following scenario is possible, I have a ring that give X mastery and another that gives X versatility, Simulationcraft says I need more versatility than mastery so I just swap these 2 items and the sim still says I need versatility more than mastery but the simulation DPS output lowered from the first state.
    apart from that, the more important question I have is whether there is a threshold for crit % that I dont want to go under (at the expense of mastery as haste is rather crucial to stack in single target fights)

Thanks for replying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaldream View Post
    and I can understand how I can benefit a lot from versatility and crit more than mastery at this point but what I dont understand is how the following scenario is possible, I have a ring that give X mastery and another that gives X versatility, Simulationcraft says I need more versatility than mastery so I just swap these 2 items and the sim still says I need versatility more than mastery but the simulation DPS output lowered from the first state.
    apart from that, the more important question I have is whether there is a threshold for crit % that I dont want to go under (at the expense of mastery as haste is rather crucial to stack in single target fights)

Thanks for replying
    I have the same exact problem mate.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eakpoints-pawn

Thanks for replying
    and the two rings you are comparing have the same amount of intellect? could it be the second stat on them that is throwing you off?

Well Its rings, they have no intellect on them... and the other stat is a difference of about 10 haste, so I doubt it effects in any way. (and no I'm not adding stamina to the simulation parameters)

Well Its rings, they have no intellect on them... and the other stat is a difference of about 10 haste, so I doubt it effects in any way. (and no I'm not adding stamina to the simulation parameters)
    oops super tired. the other stat on both of them is haste? hmm that's odd, what's the difference in the sim results?

Deleted
    in 7.1.5 after extensive testing i have found crit to overtake haste as stat priority.