Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Talking about Federal Reserve balance sheets and having any kind of coherent opinion requires technical expertise.
    This thread tends to disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    This thread tends to disagree with you.
    It does? Who's writing coherent policy opinions about Federal Reserve balance sheets in this thread?

Deleted
    Well, that's the question, isn't it? Obviously the answer is one of degree rather than category, since I don't see a lot of people suggesting that SNAP be replaced by straight cash transfers. Most people seem basically fine with designating aid as strictly for food. As I've mentioned a couple times in the thread, I'd generally rather scrap most of these sorts of programs and replace them with straight cash transfers; this is more efficient and provides additional distributed aid at lower cost. If there's concern about nutrition outcomes, this would be better handled by separate policies with the most obvious one being to stop subsidizing HFCS production.

There's an obvious difference - can you spot it?

Ha, lololol you got me! God, you're such a clever one!
    There really isn't a big enough difference to cause justification. And again, picking on what someone purchases with food stamps, feels like attacking the symptom of the disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    You should ensure employers pay their employees enough to not need food stamps and then you could go back to worrying about your own food.
    Any suggestions for how to handle people who are unemployable at whatever the deemed wage is?

- - - Updated - - -

There really isn't a big enough difference to cause justification. And again, picking on what someone purchases with food stamps, feels like attacking the symptom of the disease.
    So you do know what the difference is and you were just feigning ignorance then, right?

Deleted
    It does? Who's writing coherent policy opinions about Federal Reserve balance sheets in this thread?
    The entire thread is basically people just spewing opinions without any footing in Logically footed claims - There have been a few, albeit i'd like to argue for that the masses drown out the minorities.

- - - Updated - - -

So you do know what the difference is and you were just feigning ignorance then, right?
    I was making a point - Are you too busy proving my point about how you are being triggered?

Any suggestions for how to handle people who are unemployable at whatever the deemed wage is?
    Unemployable how?

Or you could raise minimum wage, instead of bickering about what poor people should eat.

Insane, i know.
    You should ensure employers pay their employees enough to not need food stamps and then you could go back to worrying about your own food.
    Foolish idea, even the Dems know it that's why they never actually do it (of course they'll talk about it year after year).

Raise min wage two things happen:

ONE Everything becomes more expensive and the extra money reps no net gain.

TWO Most businesses wont be able to sustain that sort of overhead and they'll close down meaning more unemployed people.

Cmon guys, think.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Unemployable how?
    Not everyone is able to add sufficient value to justify a $15/hour wage or whatever number you deem relevant is. Hell, not everyone is able to add sufficient value to justify a $7/hour wage. Presumably the solution isn't to say, "well, go fuck yourselves then".

- - - Updated - - -

I was making a point - Are you too busy proving my point about how you are being triggered?
    No, you really weren't. Keep repeating "triggered" like it's an actual argument though, I guess.

Deleted
    So dont give them stamps anymore and let them line up for a bowl of stew?

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Foolish idea, even the Dems know it that's why they never actually do it (of course they'll talk about it year after year).

Raise min wage two things happen:

ONE Everything becomes more expensive and the extra money reps no net gain.

TWO Most businesses wont be able to sustain that sort of overhead and they'll close down meaning more unemployed people.
    Faux News strikes again...

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Most businesses wont be able to sustain that sort of overhead and they'll close down.
    Good.

They should close down and go to work for others instead of own a business if they are not able to pay enough to not need handouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Not everyone is able to add sufficient value
    Why not? /10chars

Good.

They should close down and go to work for others instead of own a business if they are not able to pay enough to not need handouts.
    The combination of economic illiteracy and spite that seems so common in a certain strain of politics is pretty nasty.
    Why not? /10chars
    Some people aren't very skilled. If you genuinely believe everyone is employable at $15/hour, you're living in a fantasy.

Good.

Yeah, and with Trump promising to tax the hell out any business that tries to sell its products in the US that moved out of the country...Well, I daresay that "TrumpIsPresident" supports it.

The combination of economic illiteracy and spite that seems so common in a certain strain of politics is pretty nasty.

Some people aren't very skilled. If you genuinely believe everyone is employable at $15/hour, you're living in a fantasy.
    It's a really simple formula.

If you want someone to work for you full time, pay them enough to not need handouts.

If you can't afford to pay someone enough to not need handouts, you don't get to have them work for you full time.

Part time work is not to be allowed for people unless they won't need handouts.

Anyone who is refused employment gets to have handouts, this will encourage people to employ them.

See? Simple.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-15 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Maybe they wouldn't be the ones flooding our doctors offices and ERS at a higher rate than any other financial demographic. Soda and energy drinks are not a necessity.
    Shame on these moochers for wanting something other than water and bread!

As I said in an earlier post, in a lot of inner-city areas cheap, terrible-for-you fast food is easier and quicker to get than healthy, fresh produce and home-cooked meals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Not exactly huge news and not exactly a lot of money either:

Here in Illinois a Single Mother with One Child Making $10/hour at full-time and getting child support of $500/month earns $2100/month gross

With rent of $750/month, taking $250/month out for dependent care and paying one utility that's not Heat/AC/Phone grants the Standard, Excess Shelter, and the Earned Income Deduction.

The mother gets a whole $16/month from SNAP

That 9.3% comes to $1.48 -- about the cost of a 2 liter bottle per month.
    really... food stamps are $16 a month? that's almost to the point of why bother with the hassle even if your poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    really... food stamps are $16 a month? that's almost to the point of why bother with the hassle even if your poor.
    I assure you that if you need it, those $16 are well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't think virtually outlawing part time jobs is a good idea.
    It encourages business owners to employ people full time over part time by only allowing part time if they wont need handouts while working part time.

You have to make business care about people or they simply use people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Faux News strikes again...
    Oh no, this idiocy long predates Fox. It's recycled from when a minimum wage was first proposed in the 1930s.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I assure you that if you need it, those $16 are well worth it.
    if its a form you can fill out online and then they show up in your mailbox, then why not.

if you have to do shit for it every month, like go someplace to collect them or keep receipts, then it's not worth it really really fast especially if you have to do so during business hours.

i was assuming food stamps was closer to $16 a week then month.