Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Rice and beans are inexpensive and constitute a complete set of amino acids with a high protein count.
    Why don't you live off of Rice and Beans for a year. Tell us how that works out for you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    How dare the poor spend thier benefits in thier own way. So what people in this thread want is the government interfering in the lives of the poor and telling then what they can and can't buy?

Big government yay.
    And that's exactly what we have here. Some people believe that the poor need to conform to their idea of poverty to actually be considered poor. I'm waiting for TITAN to get into his people with any worldly goods should not be getting any help until they sell off all their possessions and live in squalor speech again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Why don't you live off of Rice and Beans for a year. Tell us how that works out for you.
    I did, from 2009 to 2011. Not only did I not die, I didn't even manage to lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Are people entitled to a sugar rush?
    People are entitled to spend there food stamps how they see fit and some people need that sugar rush to get to there 2nd time (if not even for the first one).

Also news flash these poor people on food stamps....Are also paying into the SAP system.

Love how you tried to act like Smart Phones cost a lot and you got quite when I proved that shit wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, from 2009 to 2011. Not only did I not die, I didn't even manage to lose weight.
    I bet you did pumkin.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Eat rice 24/7 for a year and tell us how that works out for you...
    Rice, dried beans, pasta were staples in my diet for almost 2 years

I'm guessing you've never done this and are speaking from ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    And that's exactly what we have here. Some people believe that the poor need to conform to their idea of poverty to actually be considered poor. I'm waiting for TITAN to get into his people with any worldly goods should not be getting any help until they sell off all their possessions and live in squalor speech again.
    You are right, I don't think poor people should have a 65" TV or an iPhone 7.

You people have no concept of what "poor" is in juxtaposition to the rest of the world.

Healthy food needs to be more widely available, sustainable and affordable. Furthermore welfare fraud is actually pretty rare - and forcing those who are on welfare to live miserable lives and never have any luxuries or treats is just cruel. Especially when you consider that a lot of people are going to be on welfare long term due to an increasing number of job losses to technology and the simple fact that a significant portion of welfare recipients are mentally and/or physically unable to work.

The education system being adjusted to teach people how to cook and shop healthily would be pretty neat too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Rice, dried beans, pasta were staples in my diet for almost 2 years
    They're still pretty common fare on my table. Is "poor people food" some kind of weird synonym for "tastes good; isn't expensive" that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Alocohol has more calories per gram than does sugar - 7 vs 4
    Ya you go ahead and go to work drinking anything with alocohol.

Lets see how well that works out.

They're still pretty common fare on my table. Is "poor people food" some kind of weird synonym for "tastes good; isn't expensive" that I missed?
    Yes.

They are entitled to food that taste good. Anything else is inhumane.

If this is a study of US food what were they to expect?

Some of the worst food in the world can be had in the US.

I swear even the salad is fried.

You people have no concept of what "poor" is in juxtaposition to the rest of the world.
    neither 1$ sodas apparently

Deleted
    How dare they have anything more than a cardboard box and rice. Only the rich should breed as well. How are we going to expand intervention in thier lives so that they act exactly as we want?

What will be the punishment for a poor person buying a candy bar?

Good thing they don't then.

Also once again you act like getting a smart phone even a iphone 7 cost's a fuck ton. News flash it doesn't, if you got decent credit you can get a iphone 7 from many carriers and just be tied to a contract for a few years. Poor people don't pay $700 upfrount for a phone and as a matter of fact anything that does cost a lot they normally use a credit card for.

Fuck them having anything right? Can't have a smart phone or a soda....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I know..people need to sell off everything they own. Even if they had it previously as a gift from someone or when they had a good job they need to conform to your ideal of poverty.

Ya you go ahead and go to work drinking anything with alocohol.

Lets see how well that works out.
    I;m not promoting drinking on the job, I'm refuting your ignorant statement of sodas have more nutritional value than Scotch

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    How dare they have anything more than a cardboard box and rice. Only the rich should breed as well. How are we going to expand intervention in thier lives so that they act exactly as we want?

What will be the punishment for a poor person buying a candy bar?
    I never said anything like that. All you have is hyperbole. Next please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Yes I know..people need to sell off everything they own. Even if they had it previously as a gift from someone or when they had a good job they need to conform to your ideal of poverty.
    They should sell it for something smaller and bank the remaining money for cost of living. Yes.

People are entitled to spend there food stamps how they see fit and some people need that sugar rush to get to there 2nd time (if not even for the first one).

Also news flash these poor people on food stamps....Are also paying into the SAP system.

Love how you tried to act like Smart Phones cost a lot and you got quite when I proved that shit wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet you did pumkin.
    Shit smart phones can be free. People who get new phones often will pass their old phone down to a family member. You don't even need a contract to use them. Just need a wifi connection which is everywhere and generally free.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

You realize you just killed much of the industries with the logic.

As of last year, over half the nations workers made less than $30,000 a year with a full third making less than $15,000 which is what you would get working 40 hours at minimum wage. If you make $50,000 a year you make more than about 72% of the nation.

And while I agree that they shouldn't be buying that stuff while they are poor, you also have to pay attention to how they are getting them. Most I have seen poor getting those stuff are getting them second and third hand. Having a rich friend give a poor friend his hand me down phone should not be considered an issue and would be very disrespectful to pawn that phone for cash.

You don't want the poor getting those things, then address the issues making them poor and to the majority, it isn't spending habits it is wages not keeping up and jobs no longer performing their jobs.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

They should sell it for something smaller and bank the remaining money for cost of living. Yes.
    So people should get rid of the shit in there life that gives them a little bit of enjoyment. Fuck being happy right? Poor people are not allowed to be happy....

Am I doing this right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Shit smart phones can be free. People who get new phones often will pass their old phone down to a family member. You don't even need a contract to use them. Just need a wifi connection which is everywhere and generally free.
    Yep.
    /10char