Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Former Inmate Sues Sheriff For Denying Abortion

Published on Jan 10, 2017

A former inmate has filed a law suit against the Maury County Sheriff in federal court, claiming he denied her right to an abortion because the pregnancy was not a threat to the inmate's health or the result of rape or incest.

I doubt the suit will go anywhere, but what sense does it make to force someone who can't pay for these things to carry a child to term?

About as much cents as it takes to pay for their care once they pop out of the womb, which is what that woman should be awarded if no one else is going to pay for its care.

She was willing to abort it so she did not have to pay for kids.

The sheriff was not willing to allow her to abort it so they should have to pay for it.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-15 at 11:28 AM.

This would fall under the umbrella of elective surgery. It was not emergent or medically nesessary technically. Like getting a boob job or a tummy tuck. She had no medical reason to need the abortion. She just wanted it. Next time don't get knocked up before your in prison sweetie. Until some legislation directly addresses the situation, which may be warranted she has no legal standing.

Issue seems to be that women in America have to pay for an abortion to begin with. If she gives the child up for adoption then that's going to cost the state more money than the abortion would of and if the child grows up in poverty because the women cannot afford to raise a child then chances are it's going to become a felon anyway and create more problems and cost the state even more money.

Video seems to imply the Sheriff was as helpful as they could be but the situation is fucked to begin with. The suit itself may have merit if she is awarded enough money to get on her feet and get the help she needs to raise the child properly.

Forcing people to give birth is just disgusting.

Ugg ...it would have been in the best interest for the community for that degenerate piece of shit to not breed.

And what hell sort of judge drops the bond-out on felony murder to $800?

Kick that judge off the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Nobody forced her to get pregnant.

Nobody forced her to commit felony murder.

And nobody forced her to give birth either.

You cant force somebody to give birth anymore than you can force somebody to take a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    If I had a week I doubt I could come up with a redeeming quality to anything related to justice and punishment in the United States.
    Just make sure whatever it is comes with less than an $800 bond-out because you know, that's the standard rate for murder.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    She wasn't forced to give birth, she was just unable to exercise her personal autonomy to have an abortion, because she was in prison.
    In just the same way she was unable to do anything at all, because she was incarcerated.

The problem with this is they disallowed a law-abiding citizen from getting an abortion. That's it. HUGE problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    You cant force somebody to give birth
    Placed in jail while encumbered with an unwanted pregnancy and denied by the jail keepers access to any tools to enable an abortion is THE definition of "forced to give birth".

Deleted
    I'm not going to feel bad for a woman who was stupid enough to kill someone, get pregnant and then whiiines after all was said, done and being handled. They didn't exactly not cope with the law either when it was deemed to not be life-threatening (like it shouldn't be. Don't get kids too late).

After actually watching the video they didn't force her to do anything. She is suing because she wanted them to pay for it, and they refused because it is an elective procedure. They even went so far as to get her bond reduced three times, but she waited past the point of no return before bonding out.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If she has no legal standing, there should be a serious re-evaluation of the legal system.
    Incase your not aware, people in prison lose many of their rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Placed in jail while encumbered with an unwanted pregnancy
    No, placed in jail for murdering another person.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm not sure on the laws about abortions in prisons, but I do know that once you become incarcerated, you're not given the same rights anymore. You're guaranteed basic rights - food, water, shelter, medical care (when it's necessary) - and that's about it.
    What does ANY of that have to do with forcing a woman to give birth?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No, placed in jail for murdering another person.
    Placed in jail under the SUSPICION of murder. Prison is where you are placed if you are CONVICTED of murder. And even then, you can continue to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Ugg ...it would have been in the best interest for the community for that degenerate piece of shit to not breed.

And what hell sort of judge drops the bond-out on felony murder to $800?

Kick that judge off the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody forced her to get pregnant.

Nobody forced her to commit felony murder.

And nobody forced her to give birth either.

You cant force somebody to give birth anymore than you can force somebody to take a shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Just make sure whatever it is comes with less than an $800 bond-out because you know, that's the standard rate for murder.
    Sir, I disagree highly with your last statement of not forcing anyone to take a shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

Ohhhh so she is suing because the prison system wouldn't pay for her elective abortion. I get it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Sir, I disagree highly with your last statement of not forcing anyone to take a shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism
    Haha. Gross.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    She's incarcerated. She's lost many of her rights herself. No one forced her to commit murder and lose those rights. And as another user said:
    SUSPICION of murder. Not CONVICTION. She did not just WAIT it out, she was in JAIL trying to get the money together for her BOND and it took her 6mos to get enough to get out of JAIL to go get an abortion, by which time it was ILLEGAL to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Placed in jail...
    Why was she "placed" in jail?
    MAGA