Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

so back to exsang? :D

What the fuck is up with these "hotfixes" its so annoying..... i was playing EP/exsang build before patch, but decided to go MP/AP build after wednesday.. well i simmed 600k dps with MP/AP and 575k with ep/exsang.

now AP getting nerfed by 0.5 % it should mean EP/exsang should be better? is there anyway to SIM my charachter with the AP nerf already? or do i have to wait until wednesday? its kinda annoying with these changes all the time.. i passed on guarm 895 trinket with vers becuase of MP/AP and now ep/exsang gonna be better..

Deleted
    It's not gonna be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    It's not gonna be better.
    575k sim with ep/exsang with mastery gear, ib4 the nerf? if i switch all my gems/enchants to vers, i should prob SIM 590k, and with the nerf to AP exsang should probably SIM more, also exsang is alot better if u have more than one target to hit.

How the hell were you ppl simming 600k ? Boots + bracers and 890 ilevel ? And, no you probably gonna still be MP/AP for 3 reasons. 1- you need an entire set of versa/crit gear to play exang and if you were MP/AP you probably don't have it, 2 - the tier set benefits more from the MP/AP build than it does from the exang one, 3 - the nerf is actualy not that bad, its a 5% total damage nerf in the worst case scenarios.

AMR sim is suposed to be updated for the nerf already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    How the hell were you ppl simming 600k ? Boots + bracers and 890 ilevel ? And, no you probably gonna still be MP/AP for 3 reasons. 1- you need an entire set of versa/crit gear to play exang and if you were MP/AP you probably don't have it, 2 - the tier set benefits more from the MP/AP build than it does from the exang one, 3 - the nerf is actualy not that bad, its a 5% total damage nerf in the worst case scenarios.

iam 891 with ring/bracers and i play ALOT of mythic+ so i save alot of gear so i got vers gear since i played exsang before the patch but yea ok i understand tyty

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post

1. i already have gear for it
    2. the setbonus isnt THAT much better for AP only by like 1-2%
    3. if i take away 5% from my AP sims my exsang is about equal to it in my gear(well different gear but you get what i mean) ofc in 905+ NH gear it might differ but still

oh and AMR sims are still crap, they still put literally zero value on MA relics for example
    it's simming my char for ~540k when even with terrible procs i do at least 30k over it.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-15 at 04:04 PM.

simming with my char with and without leg boots

MP/AP is still better of about 3-5K in single target

even using the default profiles for NH

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    simming with my char with and without leg boots

MP/AP is still better of about 3-5K in single target

even using the default profiles for NH
    wouldnt exsangs flexibility make up for that tho?

I dont have gear for Exsang, and alacrity for my sim 7k lower than AP (pos nerf simcraft) and 4k more than exsang.
    never thought I I would consider using alacrity...
    for AP build, my simc DPS went from 619k to 578k, that's a significant nerf for a pure single target/heavy cleave dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    wouldnt exsangs flexibility make up for that tho?
    the difference before 7.1.5 was tinier, so probably wont, at least in patchwerk-style figths and encounters in farming.
    but personally i always switched from AP to EX in function of the encounter (ex. odyn with EX and guarm with AP)

"Exsang flexibility" is a weird concept to me because IMO AP is more flexible. Everyone thinks AP is so hard to target-swap with, but with the proc rate buffs, you can get 5 stacks up in 2 or 3 seconds. If you have Envenom buff up, it's basically free. Even if you don't, 2 Mutilates will generally do it. Vigor actually helps AP a lot since we can pool energy to get Garrote and Rupture up and still Mut twice on a new add, quickly getting us to 100% damage potential in a target swap. I dunno, maybe I'm just bad at Exsang (haven't played it since Ilgynoth progression), but AP is more flexible IMO.

Also it's just better in 2/3-target cleave. Quite easy to keep up 5 stacks of AP and bleeds up on multiple targets, but your Exsang only gives you increased damage against one.
    Last edited by Won7on; 2017-01-15 at 07:37 PM.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

@shaunika123 - We value MA relics very highly, can you link me to something showing otherwise? Also, can you link me a report that shows you doing 540k DPS, I'll look into it. If you have a WCL log for Ursoc that would be great too. I can match things up and see what is going on.

Pre-patch, I tested sim results against actual log data and the DPS matched up incredibly well. But, that doesn't mean I was able to test every legendary and talent combo, so taking a look at another one would be great. Also, I haven't been able to verify post-7.1.5 against logs yet.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @shaunika123 - We value MA relics very highly, can you link me to something showing otherwise? Also, can you link me a report that shows you doing 540k DPS, I'll look into it. If you have a WCL log for Ursoc that would be great too. I can match things up and see what is going on.

Pre-patch, I tested sim results against actual log data and the DPS matched up incredibly well. But, that doesn't mean I was able to test every legendary and talent combo, so taking a look at another one would be great. Also, I haven't been able to verify post-7.1.5 against logs yet.
    http://imgur.com/a/UO4tM
    granted it'd be a 3rd vendetta relic but that's exactly what would allow kingsbane syncing

it's valuing a 875 muti crit one over a 885 MA one(infused chitin fragment)
    and even an equal ilvl rupture is slightly valued under it

http://imgur.com/a/97QZV

as for sims:

best i can give you currently is this
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

nythendra log, but i was using wrong gear and had 35 points instead of the now 43 points in my wep i was probably simming like 520k on this one

if the client is more accurate than my apologies, but i can only use the website cos the client wont run on my computer due to some dumbass dll error which i cant fix for the life of me
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-15 at 11:01 PM.

AP is still better by quite a bit.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

@shaunika Thanks for all of that info. First, I compared the sim results to your Ursoc log by matching the length of the actual fight, all of your gear, artifact power, and buffs between the log and simulator. Here are the results:

Sim: 571,580 DPS
    Ursoc log: 526,014 DPS

My guess on why you saw lower DPS on our sim, maybe you didn't have a potion or augment rune selected, or another setup difference?

Next, I compared the damage view on WCL to our log output to see how accurate the spell data and rotation is mirroring real life. In your case, it's very accurate.

Rupture: 8 uses on WCL, 7.3 on AMR
    Envenom: 20 uses on WCL, 19.8 on AMR
    Mutilate: 47 uses on WCL, 46.3 on AMR
    Kingsbane: 3 uses on WCL, 3.9 on AMR
    ...and so on.

You can also compare the damage each one did, which also match. Sometimes it is higher or lower on AMR, but you can see that the crit rate is also higher or lower (which makes sense, since simulators run a ton of iterations, evening out the crit chance, and 1 log gets high/low spikes).

Lastly, I'm running a gearing strategy that's custom to your character. In your screenshot, it looks like you are using the defaults. When that is done running, I'll do a couple more tests and follow up with another post.

Re: client. The client just uses your computer to run sims, it doesn't have different code. However, to get custom stat weights, you need the client (since they take an hour or so, and that would tank our servers with the traffic our simulator gets). What's the error you are getting, and are you on a mac? When the gearing strat I run is done, I'll share it with you so you can start using that one.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @shaunika Thanks for all of that info. First, I compared the sim results to your Ursoc log by matching the length of the actual fight, all of your gear, artifact power, and buffs between the log and simulator. Here are the results:

Sim: 571,580 DPS
    Ursoc log: 526,014 DPS

My guess on why you saw lower DPS on our sim, maybe you didn't have a potion or augment rune selected, or another setup difference?

Next, I compared the damage view on WCL to our log output to see how accurate the spell data and rotation is mirroring real life. In your case, it's very accurate.

Rupture: 8 uses on WCL, 7.3 on AMR
    Envenom: 20 uses on WCL, 19.8 on AMR
    Mutilate: 47 uses on WCL, 46.3 on AMR
    Kingsbane: 3 uses on WCL, 3.9 on AMR
    ...and so on.

You can also compare the damage each one did, which also match. Sometimes it is higher or lower on AMR, but you can see that the crit rate is also higher or lower (which makes sense, since simulators run a ton of iterations, evening out the crit chance, and 1 log gets high/low spikes).

Lastly, I'm running a gearing strategy that's custom to your character. In your screenshot, it looks like you are using the defaults. When that is done running, I'll do a couple more tests and follow up with another post.

Re: client. The client just uses your computer to run sims, it doesn't have different code. However, to get custom stat weights, you need the client (since they take an hour or so, and that would tank our servers with the traffic our simulator gets). What's the error you are getting, and are you on a mac? When the gearing strat I run is done, I'll share it with you so you can start using that one.
    on my ursoc log i was accidentally running deadly poison, that's why it was so low (and why i thought linking nythendra would be more accurate)

it's the same error i'm getting when trying to run simcraft, "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing" , i read about having to install, c++ for it but it's installed, and it still doesnt work, i read about having to update windows, it still doesnt work. so i just gave up
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-01-16 at 02:25 PM.

Look NH gear. Mastery/crit on most parts. AP still gonna be the way, cos relics and gear from NH suits more AP then Exsa

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Look NH gear. Mastery/crit on most parts. AP still gonna be the way, cos relics and gear from NH suits more AP then Exsa
    mastery isnt exactly bad for exsang, and there are a few versa items, not to mention you still got M+

and no relics dont favour AP
    they just favour the boots

the only thing that might actually tip the scales is the setbonus

@Zoopercat

Is AMR updated to reflect the new AP nerf? Someone about said they thought they had heard that. When I play around with EP/Ex vs. MP/AP AMR doesn't show EP/EX coming close to MP/AP (20k+ less in all rest results). But my simcraft shows them within about 10k even in my full mp/ap gear set up.

Thanks,

With the buff to AP proc chance, I think AP will be better and easy to manage on adds. A couple of FoK could easily apply the 5 procs on a big pull.