Quote Originally Posted by Mugus View Post
    What? A member of Method offered Serenity members free flask to gain access to their Raid ID. He scammed his way in.

BEST CASE SCENARIO:

Method knew their own member was preventing Serenity from raiding and didn't say anything for hours. They didn't kick him or inform Serenity what was going on until it got leaked and they got caught. Pure scumbags.

WORST CASE SCENARIO:

Method was behind the whole thing. They got desperate and needed to do something so they got a member to prevent Serenity from raiding.

Based on everything out there about Sco, neither would surprise me. After the fuckup with his ex, he has shown what a scumbag he is. A true POS.
    Sadly this is true. I've always been somewhat of a Method fan throughout the years of following the WF race, but I'm finding this rather hard to digest. At least I'm hoping the worst case scenario is not the case, but who really knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilen555 View Post
    And you did not understand my analogy. I wrote that a external member had boosted your performance without their knowledge, just like in the method case.
    He didn't boost his performance. He tricked the other team with the oldest trick in the book to sabotage them.

It's less like one of your players injecting steroids, and more like finding out one of your players pretended to be a Nigerian Prince and screwed your hated opponents out of some funding.

My initial reaction would be amusement too!

I do think Method were in the wrong not to IMMEDIATELY punish Jadelolz as soon as they saw what he'd done, but it's impossible to know to what extent they knew what he'd done before it was leaked and it's understandable to not want to jump to conclusions that would cause drama in the middle of a progress race without knowing all the facts.

I think Method made a mistake, but I don't think it's fair to suggest it was their idea or they asked for it to be done just because they found it amusing when they heard it happened.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Would just like to ask then, was evidence provided that this person who stole the raid locket was 100% NOT Jadelolz?
    Yes, I did ask for evidence on that and the documents presented convinced me enough to post that interview, knowing my reputation is on the line. However we did not meet in person and the evidence provided could have been faked with a lot of time and weird passion. It was enough to me .
    Last edited by emml; 2017-01-27 at 09:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    He didn't boost his performance. He tricked the other team with the oldest trick in the book to sabotage them.

It's less like one of your players injecting steroids, and more like finding out one of your players pretended to be a Nigerian Prince and screwed your hated opponents out of some funding.

I do think Method were in the wrong not to IMMEDIATELY punish Jadelolz as soon as they saw what he'd done, but it's impossible to know to what extent they knew what he'd done before it was leaked and it's understandable to not want to jump to conclusions that would cause drama in the middle of a progress race without knowing all the facts.

I think Method made a mistake, but I don't think it's fair to suggest it was their idea or they asked for it to be done just because they found it amusing when they heard it happened.
    They may have not asked for it, but the screenshot makes it pretty clear they knew almost from the beginning (of the act, not the plan). They are at fault from that moment since they did not inform anyone from Serenity. They cannot save their situation no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by zwanenburg View Post
    i remember what swifty once did.
    what did he do? do tell.

Deleted

This is my final response to "my own analogy". I NEVER wrote that the player injected steroids, I wrote that an external member injected them without the players knowledge. Just like Jadelolz is the external member here, that without Methods knowledge most likely, boosted their performance (indirectly by sabotaging your opponent) and that the reaction to this should not have been amusement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    They may have not asked for it, but the screenshot makes it pretty clear they knew almost from the beginning (of the act, not the plan). They are at fault from that moment since they did not inform anyone from Serenity. They cannot save their situation no matter what.
    What would informing Serenity have done?

"Yeah you know that dickhead who's in your instance hogging your ID? Yeah. We know about it. Sorry!"

It's not like Method's leadership were in direct control of the guy who was in the lockout and could make him leave. The time on that screenshot suggests Method found out a couple hours after it started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bilen555 View Post
    This is my final response to "my own analogy". I NEVER wrote that the player injected steroids, I wrote that an external member injected them without the players knowledge. Just like Jadelolz is the external member here, that without Methods knowledge most likely, boosted their performance (indirectly by sabotaging your opponent) and that the reaction to this should not have been amusement.
    Sorry but there is a difference between performance enhancing your own players and a third party sabotaging your opponent. Method have no control over someone in Serenity falling for a stupid scam.

Quote Originally Posted by emml View Post
    Yes, I did ask for evidence on that and the documents presented convinced me enough to post that interview, knowing my reputation is on the line. However we did not meet in person and the evidence provided could have been faked with a lot of time and weird passion. It was enough to me .
    your rep is safe m8.
    the only person who can confirm it is true is viklund. and i didnt see anything about viklund blaming jade so the presented documents that you got are legit. Wich means jade didnt do it.

So quite a few guilds 7/10 right now (7 of them!) and 5 are EU 1 is OC and the other is Limit, the god ilvl guild xD
    Seems everyone is struggling with Etraeus, will it be killed before reset? If it doesn't this could be an amazing race, when is the last time we had to wait after a reset before anything other than the last boss died? Long shot for this though of course, still many hours left to go but potentially could happen.

Would be great if we could get information of what % wipes the guilds have had on Etraeus so far but we won't ever get that...unless someone leaks it :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post

Would be great if we could get information of what % wipes the guilds have had on Etraeus so far but we won't ever get that...unless someone leaks it :P
    Please! :=D
    i want infos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post

Until further notice comes from Method/Serenity, I'm guessing this case is closed.
    Oh no you didn't

This is a worthless analogy with no relation to what actually happened. It wasn't the Method raid team that exploited to make themselves better, so how does players in a sports team taking steroids relate to anything?
    The Method healing officer did know about it though.
    Sco even confirmed it on his twitter with this tweet, being concerned that people leaked the first picture. What would've been done to all of this if it hadn't been leaked? Probably nothing at all, concerning that they didnt do or say shit about it until it had gone "viral".

7+ Year Old Account
    So quite a few guilds 7/10 right now (7 of them!) and 5 are EU 1 is OC and the other is Limit, the god ilvl guild xD
    Seems everyone is struggling with Etraeus, will it be killed before reset? If it doesn't this could be an amazing race, when is the last time we had to wait after a reset before anything other than the last boss died? Long shot for this though of course, still many hours left to go but potentially could happen.

Yes more leaks!
    To be honest, the best thing that could happen would be if Star Augur lives on until the next ID. Than all that shit regarding server performance and blocks and what so ever could be forgotten. The longer the race goes, the fewer the impact of these events.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    actually, you dont know jack.
    we dont even know what was the followup converastion under the screenshot, when I read about serenity being cockblocked by one player, I actually bursted out laughing, since it was hillarious to me, the one or two people who saw it might have not even take it seriously, not expecting the person to actually stay inside. And method wouldnt likely even know about Serenity problems for quite some time, they were probably more concerned with their progress than checking Sloots twitter for basically no reason.

I dont even like Method, but the witchhunt is as retarded as DDoS consipracies against Tarren Mill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    The Method healing officer did know about it though.
    Sco even confirmed it on his twitter with this tweet, being concerned that people leaked the first picture. What would've been done to all of this if it hadn't been leaked? Probably nothing at all, concerning that they didnt do or say shit about it until it had gone "viral".
    Yeah, and I agree that Method were in the wrong for not booting Jadelolz straight away. Although I doubt they quite knew the extent of what had happened nor how much drama would spawn from it at the time.

I find it kind of exciting too, I'm also weirdly surprised that Star Augur ended up being the "wall" and not Botanist. Botanist is so bonkers and crazy punishing on Heroic already that I couldn't even imagine people downing it on Mythic so soon. Star Augur has 3 new mechanics in mythic: Grand Trine (people with similar star symbols need to stay away), fel flames drift from sky and make patches, and I think there's a new void mob/ability in last phase. On paper it doesn't feel like this should change much but I guess it does.

It could also be the mechanics are ez but it's actually more of a gearwall than anything.

Yes but the real issue is nothing was done - the /gkick only happened after the screenie was leaked and Serenity were made aware of the "involvement" of a member of Method. Sco all but confirming it's veracity only making it more damning. If it was all "nothing to do with Method" then straight away someone should have gone straight to sloot and said "we know what the issue is and this person is not acting for us in any shape or form"

Very best case scenario for Method here is that they were aware of the problem for hours and did nothing before it was outted and everyone started trashing them - all that came after is just trying to save face. And yes they could certainly have had some amusement from it, think most guilds would have tbf but sitting on it for hours afterwards? Tainted WF if they happen to get it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I find it kind of exciting too, I'm also weirdly surprised that Star Augur ended up being the "wall" and not Botanist. Botanist is so bonkers and crazy punishing on Heroic already that I couldn't even imagine people downing it on Mythic so soon. Star Augur has 3 new mechanics in mythic: Grand Trine (people with similar star symbols need to stay away), fel flames drift from sky and make patches, and I think there's a new void mob/ability in last phase. On paper it doesn't feel like this should change much but I guess it does.

It could also be the mechanics are ez but it's actually more of a gearwall than anything.
    I can imagine managing the Grand Trine in conjunction with everything else going on is probably the difficult part. You have to be spread out before it comes in and then pair people off and bring them together to cancel out the symbols within a time limit, while also still dealing with all of the other mechanics.

Star Augur also has a hard berserk timer in the last phase too which means they have to do all this while still keeping up enough damage to bring him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    11:40PM EST Midwinter 6/10 with a High Botanist kill.. They need to kill Tich to hit 7/10 and be caught up to the pack.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    I can imagine managing the Grand Trine in conjunction with everything else going on is probably the difficult part. You have to be spread out before it comes in and then pair people off and bring them together to cancel out the symbols within a time limit, while also still dealing with all of the other mechanics.

Star Augur also has a hard berserk timer in the last phase too which means they have to do all this while still keeping up enough damage to bring him down.
    Yea Grand Trine might be the cause of a lot of random wipes, simply because you have next to no space to maneuver (5yd I think is the trigger radius?), couple that with the Addon/Weakaura restrictions and you are in fun.

Deleted
    Actually not expecting Elisandre to be a huge wall, it's a long fight but I don't think the damage is going to be high enough to cause issues.