Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I kind of have to disagree with the bolded part as a general comment. A strategy based on more complex execution does not need a magic attempt, it needs perfect execution and that is dependable. A strategy based on brute force needs perfect execution far more because you are betting it all on your output and every time the fight decides to piss on a dps player's cooldowns by throwing him a mechanic at the wrong time you won't make it; therefore you need that one magic attempt where the stars align and you can get the maximum output.

Of course the difference is, it works for Etraeus because his last phase is not mechanically complex, just a very brutal healing and damage check. Thus it is much easier to get the starts to align. But as a rule I think bruteforcing is quite more random because throughput in an encounter can have significant delta depending on timing.
    I think people get hung up way too much on their own dps. The mechanics will always go on someone, and years of raiding, raid leading and scrubbing logs has shown me that overall raid dps does not fluctuate too much outside of things that are strictly mechanical fails.

One person failing at a complex mechanic is way more likely to happen than the raid doing the average dps that you expect of them.

Like, if you've ever progression raided before, when you've been pulling a boss for awhile it's pretty common for the boss to be at a consistent level of health throughout the fight unless there's mechanical failures that cause a loss in dps. When you're dpsing a boss, it's really fucking rare for your cooldowns to come up in a situation that you aren't expecting, even on bosses that phase at a percent instead of after a certain amount of time.

Deleted
    It's not realistic Method gaining 3 ilvl over Serenity in 2 resets, they were within the same ilvl range 901-902. Please don't tell us Method had problems progressing on Star Augur, or any other boss, because they were 1 ilvl behind Serenity.

Deleted
    Imo you should be able to appreciate both. Yes the winner of a race is whoever comes first and that is easy to determine because it's evident. Yet it is also certainly a fact that the human mind appreciates elegance in design and that an elegant kill will be much easier to replicate than the fastest kill. Since the latter quality though is far more subjective, there cannot easily be a competition for the most elegant kill. Still that doesn't mean people should not be allowed to appreciate elegant strategies perfectly executed
    Holy shit dude, it's 20 people without a life killing a video game boss after 10 hours straight in front of their computer, over a course of 1.5 weeks.

There is nothing elegant about it. It's a boss kill and I appreciate it for whoever does it first, but to spew this kind of drivel over it is actually really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vained View Post
    902.99 for Method, 902.16 for Serenity.
    Interesting. That is pretty close ilvl wise though. I'm not sure how much ilvl class stacking makes up for, (never been in a raid that's done heavy class stacking) but if a better comp is worth more than one ilvl, then Method probably used the best strat they could realistically do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    We knew way before he posted it.

Again, 1/10 for effort. He added nothing we didn't know yet, just a sad attempt.

Same shit every WF race. Random nobodies claiming they have inside information, posting things that have been common knowledge for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Does Mythic Gul'dan even have a secret phase anymore? It was in the dungeon journal on the PTR, but now that NH is live, it's not there anymore.
    I'd genuinely be shocked if he doesn't. We'll know for sure when the kill video comes out!

So, do you guys think Augur will get the ban hammer at some point, or will it even out with gear?

I have to say out of all the fanboys, the Method groupies seem to be the most obnoxious ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    So, do you guys think Augur will get the ban hammer at some point, or will it even out with gear?
    There might be some small nerfs or changes to the fight, but I think the big NH nerf will be the new traits coming with 7.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    Yeah probably getting nerfed before 7.2 nerf comes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    very nice. They were the best pvpers in the world before they became paragon, Sejita was running the best 5v5 by far with 40-0 s1/s2 on his mage when he was in Knockout.
    Not true. When they transferred to Cyclone they got rekt. They were good on their empty battlegroup.

I love all the discussions on why/how the progress raid goes, yet 95% of the assumptions are wrong. Keep it up everyone! <3

Quote Originally Posted by noknoknokia View Post
    Its really sad how blizzard is not able or willing to fix that armory bug.
    Imagine Twisting Nether or Tarren Mill would be affected, there wouldnt be any progress race, no valid data at all
    How is this an armory bug?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    There might be some small nerfs or changes to the fight, but I think the big NH nerf will be the new traits coming with 7.2.
    At which point we won't be raiding NH anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    At which point we won't be raiding NH anymore...
    7.2 Will come out WAY before ToS.

Serenity's nuke strategy payed off, but it wouldn't if the boss had a shade more hp. They would try for hours before realizing they have to try something else. It happened before. Butcher says hi.
    Invalid because if the boss had a shade more hp Method wouldn't have killed it with their kill one add strat. Next add cast ends the fight so.

Besides, you seem to confuse individual skill with strategy-creating. Serenity has best individual players, but they are like the fighter who only bases on his physical strength to win every fight.
    Knowing when a strategy is mathematically viable and deciding whether or not to spend time going that way is a skill in itself. This expansion Method have over complicated things [ilgynoth, cenarius, star augur] and it has costed them. Stop saying "brute force" as if it's some kind of dirty word. The best strat is the one that kills the boss before the other guilds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    I love all the discussions on why/how the progress raid goes, yet 95% of the assumptions are wrong. Keep it up everyone! <3
    I hope I'm in the 5% that is at least somewhat correct. ^_^

After progress, any chance we could get some videos or interviews about how the race went from Method's PoV, win or lose?

Deleted
    LOL dude, whatever is the outcome, your conclusion is: Method used the best strat ))
    By the way who cares, they are both pretty good. And the Russians too.

Of course it can be elegant. The fact that you cannot appreciate elegance in design, any design is on you, not me. Any activity that can be designed in multiple ways can be elegant
    Paragon's Rag HC kill comes to mind. That was elegant.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrtia View Post
    LOL dude, whatever is the outcome, your conclusion is: Method used the best strat ))
    By the way who cares, they are both pretty good. And the Russians too.
    I assume this is directed at me. If I knew for a fact or even strongly suspected that Method had the same or better dps than Serenity, then I would say Method used an inefficient strategy.

Also, that feeling when a Serenity fanboy gets confused for a Method fanboy...