Page 1 of 406
... LastLast

The Nighthold Mythic Race Progression

Nighthold Normal and Heroic will be released tomorrow! Next Tuesday will be the mythic release of the raid.

This is what you've been waiting for; finally the end raid of the first tier of Legion!

Many top guilds have been preparing for this very raid and hold it above both Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor in prestige and goal wise.

The warm-up is done, who will be crowned the winner of this raid and tier!

Nighthold has 10 bosses in which the first 3 must be done in this order:

• Skorpyron
    • Chronomatic Anomaly
    • Trilliax

to access five bosses which can be killed in any order:

• Spellblade Aluriel
    • Star Augur Etraeus
    • High Botanist Tel'arn
    • Krosus
    • Tichondrius

From there, the remaining two bosses must be killed in order:

• Elisande
    • Gul'dan.

Q and A.

Who are the favorites to win this race?

Method and Serenity both separated themselves from other guilds in the Trial of Valor and are looking to come first in this very important raid. Method however are the favourites as they pulled away with a convincing victory in the Trial of valor and came 2nd in the Emerald Nightmare.

How long is the mythic race going to last?

Emerald Nightmare was disappointing lasting only 1 day but Trial of Valor was very challenging lasting much longer for only 3 bosses.

You can expect the difficulty to be in the middle this time so I can see the first 8 bosses being cleared on mythic the first few days while Elisande and Gul'dan will be expected to last longer and be very challenging. Guldan specifically will likely last over a week until he is killed oin mythic.

How will mythic be tuned?

Likely very high for the first month or so as the developers know the top guilds already have full rosters of raiders with 54 artifact weapon traits. Elisande and Gul'dan will likely be tuned for 54 traits and be very tight dps checks.

Since this is the final raid of the first tier, will guilds be going full on serious mode?

Yes! Method has already confirmed they are ready to go on a heavy schedule as will other top guilds!

What happened last tier with the bans?

Certain guilds exploited a bug that caused easy mythic helya kills. Look it up to learn more but their kills were disqualified and lots of controversy was met.

What is the point of this thread?

To discuss the race, have fun, and root the guilds on (and or critique them). The mythic trial of valor thread was quite popular and lots of drama ensued: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-Progression

Please don't make drive by "No one cares about these races/races didn't matter since tbc/LK etc." posts, as while the races don't matter to you, they are still relevant and engaging. This is also against the forum rules, and no one cares if you don't care about the race.

Why open this thread a week early?

Heroic discussion is also important in this race, including how difficult Guldan will be on heroic and its impact on split runs as well as general strategy and raid comp discussion as well as preliminary talks.

EDIT: The king is back!:

Quote Originally Posted by Bozzel View Post
    Method is without a doubt disqualified from this race. I raided with Jadelolz during T16 and I had a long chat with him today. He's stating that he's the only member from Method involved with this. Despite if this is true or false Jadelolz does represent Method as a whole. Method made the call to recruit that sort of person and now they pay the price.

It's sad to see how a guild like Method has fallen. Limit seems to be the ones who might win this tier.
    Lots of drama in this thread summarized here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ation_what_we/
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-01-26 at 10:09 PM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Deleted
    Rooting for Method to give it to Serenity 3 times in a row, after all the "EN and ToV were just warmups" bs. Should be entertaining.

If I am not mistaken, this is the first expansion where we had a Tier 0 raid. Would be interesting to see if that caused more burnout due to M+.

Hoping for it to be cleared on mythic at least up to 8/10 on first week of Mythic, then some delightful popcorn drama - who exploited? who poached who? who sabotaged their guild? Exciting!

Deleted
    Really interested how it goes, judging from PTR I expect atleast 6-7/10M in the first week by multiple guilds. Botanist and Star Augur are wildcards imo that could last into another week, Botanist more than Augur.
    Last edited by mmoce467ae5d3c; 2017-01-16 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Well It seems logic to me that Method will grab the world first. Their organisation is impeccable. I think there will be a really interesting race for the top 3 and 5, as Exorsus and From Scratch are really ready too and Serenity although not in the best of shape is as always composed with some of the best individualities in the game.
    Danish Terrace will want to confirm they are here and will throw everything they've got on this one. Let me tell you this is gonna be an interesting race!
    My (very subjective) top is:

1- Method
    2- Exorsus
    3- From Scratch
    4- Serenity
    5- Danish Terrace

But as I said, this is only hypothetical and the race will be close! At least till Elysande.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If I am not mistaken, this is the first expansion where we had a Tier 0 raid. Would be interesting to see if that caused more burnout due to M+.

Hoping for it to be cleared on mythic at least up to 8/10 on first week of Mythic, then some delightful popcorn drama - who exploited? who poached who? who sabotaged their guild? Exciting!
    WoD had it with Highmaul MoP had it with Mogu'shan Vaults, a Tier 0 for the first 3-4 months of a expansion is basically staple now.

Will be cheering for Exorsus, because we are on the same server ))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liqs View Post
    Really interested how it goes, judging from PTR I expect atleast 6-7/10M in the first week by multiple guilds. Botanist and Star Augur are wildcards imo that could last into another week, Botanist more than Augur.
    Botanist could be a wall the same way Gorefiend was one in HFC, but I don't see him pass the first reset. Tichondrius should be a difficult fight too I think. Augur on the other end won't take too long.

No point rooting for any one.
    What ever happens the most interesting part is when the race is over and all the drama unveils.

/Popcorn

Deleted
    I just want the juicy lore behind Guldan mythic only phase.

Deleted
    Yea I think its still gonna be 8 or maybe even 9/10 first id. But I see a chance for Botanist, most likely it will just die Sunday - Monday ish.

Personally i hope to see some 'new' guilds to be very high this time. Nova (fatboss guild) will be top 3. :3

Probably as always there will be alot of bugs on Gul'dan or other harder bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Rooting for Method to give it to Serenity 3 times in a row, after all the "EN and ToV were just warmups" bs. Should be entertaining.
    Inb4 'Wow Legion raids are so bad. We did not even try. We will wait till Sargeras for true race!' after another Serenity loss.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2017-01-16 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    ohh I love these threads everytime a new progress starts. Very entertaining to follow.. be it the race itself or the drama around it.

I'm rooting for every other than method & serenity. Not that I dislike them, but I would like to see another guild on the top 2 positions which would bring some fresh air into the whole thing and make the race more exciting.
    Last edited by mmoc5f1f8584d6; 2017-01-16 at 11:42 AM.

I think it will look a tiny bit different than the above person mentioned

Keyboard Turner Vinda's Avatar Join DateJan 2017LocationEnglandPosts2
    Well It seems logic to me that Method will grab the world first. Their organisation is impeccable. I think there will be a really interesting race for the top 3 and 5, as Exorsus and From Scratch are really ready too and Serenity although not in the best of shape is as always composed with some of the best individualities in the game.
    Danish Terrace will want to confirm they are here and will throw everything they've got on this one. Let me tell you this is gonna be an interesting race!

1- Method
    2- Exorsus
    3- From Scratch
    4- Serenity
    5- Danish Terrace
    What i think it will look like:
    1. Method
    2. Exorsus
    3. Danish Terrace
    4. Serenity
    5. FatSharkYes/From Scratch

Rooting for Danish Terrace tho <3

Can somebody get ma boi Bozzleprogress in here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinda View Post

1- Method
    2- Exorsus
    3- From Scratch
    4- Serenity
    5- Danish Terrace

But as I said, this is only hypothetical and the race will be close! At least till Elysande.
    Lol, method and serenity are very far ahead of the other guilds. Exorsus is just good in brute forcing raids and thats why they came ahead in EN. If Nighthold lasts less then 3 days your list may be right. But if Nighthold lasts more then a week, I suspect method or serenity first with exorsus and from scratch a week behind them.

I think FatSharkYes have a strong chance to break into the top 5. With Rikh joining them and the already very steady gains they have made, this could be the time they enter the elite. Lázel is also arguably one of the best tanks in the world.

Form says Method will come in first, but Serenity will be much more of a threat since they now have both the weight of EN and ToV losses over them. I have a feeling Serenity might just win, but it's so close. Exciting few weeks ahead! (Let's hope it's not a 2 day wonder).

The fact that the middle 5 bosses can be done in any order should make for some interesting decisions. Regardless, I'd be surprised if anything other than Gul'dan survived the first reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    The fact that the middle 5 bosses can be done in any order should make for some interesting decisions. Regardless, I'd be surprised if anything other than Gul'dan survived the first reset.
    I was wondering about that "any order" bosses as well. From what I remember all raids that let you do this still had top guilds progressing in the same order. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was never a big deviation from the kill order I guess?

you all sounds like sideline sports casters