Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    my skill-o-meter shows me that melees are the better players on average. yours must be broken... or how do you get your result "range players have higher average skill than melee players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    once again my theory about people using "LUL" holds true.

:/
    You still didn't address what I mentioned. Lul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You still didn't address what I mentioned. Lul.
    because I can't take people serious who write "LUL". sorry

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blorgo View Post
    my skill-o-meter shows me that melees are the better players on average. yours must be broken... or how do you get your result "range players have higher average skill than melee players?
    ofc because if a ranged player plays a melee class, he will be better players on that melee but only because he inherit the skill from ranged class.

pretty logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    nah vanilla was 40 man raids with lots of baddies.

technically LEGION is harder, but considering all factors it was harder to get 40 good people for Naxxramas (for example) and kill Four Horseman (which you actually needed all your warrior tanks to have set bonus for) and KT.

If you would take Guldan and make it a 40 man fight with skill level of 2005 then people would never ever kill it ^^

Still vanilla , tbc , wotlk was more fun and had better raids though
    Common misconception, skill level in 2005 was as good as it is now, it does not take years and years to learn a game and get good at it, the top players will always be really good not matter the time.

The average skill level of the normal player on the other hand is way higher today. also if the current raid fights in legion are cleared way faster because there are many forms to obtain the best gear, and multiple difficulties levels that reward a lot more than in vanilla, if there was only 1 difficulty of raiding and and alts were not viable for split runs progress would take a lot longer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    Melee and Ranged need to put their differences beside, melee have better ez life during encounter? fine. ranged do mechanics because they are better at it? fine. melee do the big fat dps meanwhile ranged are "backup" ? fucking fine.

in the end we need the loots from the boss so i dont really care if melee can ez dps meanwhile we manage adds or shit, if we kill the boss and get the epix we are done.

we need to point our "rage" against the real enemy

spriest.
    Let me re-quote me and see if people will stop getting baited by conflu

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    Woruld Fyurst blyat

Quote Originally Posted by jpedrote52 View Post
    Common misconception, skill level in 2005 was as good as it is now, it does not take years and years to learn a game and get good at it, the top players will always be really good not matter the time.
    You're correct it doesn't take years - but the accumulation of different 'skills' into what we call skill was far lower than now. Yeah, everyone can hit buttons and move out of fire, but they can't all theorycraft themselves, they can't all write addons by themselves, and they may not even know whats available to them.

There's a lot more factors, but the result is that players nowadays are a lot better than in vanilla - not necessarily due to individual raiding ability but a lot of other reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That doesn't make the raid hard at all. It makes it tedious and ridiculous to actually get a group, doesn't make the raid any harder. Getting 40 good people was the challenge as you said but that has no barring on how hard the raid is or isn't.

And the last part of your statement is completely subjective.

Wrath had Ulduar and ICC which were both good. Other raids were pretty awful. TBC had a few good ones, Vanilla I wasn't a huge fan of.

I find Nighthold really well done. Not mediocre either, really well done.
    No, what made it hard was getting the gear, and that took a really long time, it's a different kind of difficulty but hard all the same, if you were in a good guild you probably already had good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    @barackohmama how exactly Botanist is harder for melee, then? Because the more I think of it the more ranged unfriendly things I find. Botanist is no-brainer for melee.

Conclusion: it is difficult to play both melee and ranged if speaking of top-level gameplay, but overall it is rangeds that have hard time in wow raiding, not melee. Melee is faceroll.
    melee dps on botanist is basically at the mercy of the tank whereas a ranged doesnt give 2 fucks about it, same thing for elissande

that's what makes a lot of bosses so frustrating for melee, because a tanks ability directly affects our dps even in ST
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-02-04 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    RIP Retribution. Once again the red headed melee stepchild.

exorsus exploiting DMC trinkets LUL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You're correct it doesn't take years - but the accumulation of different 'skills' into what we call skill was far lower than now. Yeah, everyone can hit buttons and move out of fire, but they can't all theorycraft themselves, they can't all write addons by themselves, and they may not even know whats available to them.

There's a lot more factors, but the result is that players nowadays are a lot better than in vanilla - not necessarily due to individual raiding ability but a lot of other reasons.
    just read what i wrote next, "The average skill level of the normal player on the other hand is way higher today" but yes i agree if you compare a top raider from vanilla to a top raider from legion there are differences, but those are mainly due to acquired knowledge throughout the games evolution, if a top raider from vanilla had the same tools as we have today it would be the same.

I can't wait for Mionelol's video summing this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    exorsus exploiting DMC trinkets LUL
    I highly doubt this is the case, but I guess we will know soon if that is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I highly doubt this is the case, but I guess we will know soon if that is so.
    i mean there's proof so it's hard to say otherwise LOL

Deleted
    Not really sure it confirms anything but its sure looks fishy ^^ I guess we will know soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    What proof really? Some screenshot?

Hardly proves shit, if Blizz bans their asses then yes, as Blizz knows for sure, otherwise - no issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    As if we haven't learned already that everything can be photo shopped.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222