Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    so: Whispers in the Dark: casting speed increase has been reduced by 15%
    Anyone knows if Whispers is still the best trinket with the nerf? Following Gebuz's trinket spreadsheet it still wins out by a large margin but I'm not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyressa View Post
    Anyone knows if Whispers is still the best trinket with the nerf? Following Gebuz's trinket spreadsheet it still wins out by a large margin but I'm not too sure.
    yes still best by a fair margin

Whispers in the Dark is simming ridiculously high for alot of classes. I believe it is without a doubt our BiS trinket but it is not AS strong as the sims depict it to be. Everyone should look to get one, but don't expect your damage to skyrocket the way the sim suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Whispers in the Dark is simming ridiculously high for alot of classes. I believe it is without a doubt our BiS trinket but it is not AS strong as the sims depict it to be. Everyone should look to get one, but don't expect your damage to skyrocket the way the sim suggests.
    It sims high because the sims make it proc with CDs. When in reality it is 99% wont be good in a real environment. It can go a whole fight without procing, it can proc right before cooldowns come up, it can proc right before you need to dps down a target.

So I have an 880 Bough of Corruption, 860 Unlucky charm, 845 Devilsaur Shock Baton and an 850 Haste Stat stick. Can anyone tell me generally what's best to use? Haven't had much luck with sims, telling me to use the corruption but it hardly ever procs, I notice the devilsaur usually always does a few mil more damage.
    Last edited by Fathme; 2017-01-19 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fathme View Post
    So I have an 880 Bough of Corruption, 860 Unlucky charm, 845 Devilsaur Shock Baton and an 850 Haste Stat stick. Can anyone tell me generally what's best to use? Haven't had much luck with sims, telling me to use the corruption but it hardly ever procs, I notice the devilsaur usually always does a few mil more damage.
    Click the link in the first post

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Click the link in the first post
    that doesn't help, as it only shows the value of trinkets above 860.

Then that should tell you something about trinkets below 860

I like how you tell one person the problem with simming trinkets and then answer another poster's question about trinkets with a link to sim results.

The ilvl chunks for trinkets seem pretty set in little square increments, you should be able to extrapolate their relative values by looking to the left.

Deleted
    whispers is really good with the helm in single target, it helps negate the helm nerf abit by giving u another way outside of hero to do SS > LS > SW > SS weaving. You can also fit a full moon inbetween ur helm buff with the proc. Definitely a favourite single target setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I like how you tell one person the problem with simming trinkets and then answer another poster's question about trinkets with a link to sim results.

The ilvl chunks for trinkets seem pretty set in little square increments, you should be able to extrapolate their relative values by looking to the left.
    ?? Thank you? Are you really trying to compare whispers, a trinket that can go a whole night without proccing once, and a stat stick?

Deleted
    I've been using whispers in the raid so far, it seems to either proc once a couple mins or back to back procs with no middle ground haha, wondering if it's any good for aoe over an 875 star gate + 860 padawsen

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    I got one today 890.... If my testing on a dummy is any indication this trinket is as good as advertised lol. It likes to proc in first 10 seconds ALOT. so when running incarnation you get SUPER burst. Like I bursted 1.6 mil on a target dummy with a proc without a Flask just prepotting. That alone is worth the 2% damage that any other trinket will give you from a proc. the rest of the procs after that is just gravy....

Then that should tell you something about trinkets below 860
    My God you are annoying. Why are you always coming with that negativity shit. Someone asked a fair question, if you know how to answer it properly, then do it, if not kindly stop giving cancer to the forum
    It should tell you what? A 5 ilvl increment for Haste Stat Stick(using default values) is 1388, 10 is 1450, 15 is 1510. So that means a 865+15=880 ilvl trinket should give you 44295 dps. Now how about we do 865-15=850 ilvl trinket, which means, grosso modo 29599 dps. Whatayouknow, you can roughly see how much dps an under 865 ilvl trinket gives you.

See the numbers above, but regularly, a higher ilvl item should be better, especially 30 ilvls..... but then again, the procs are very unreliable. Chorno Shard is very high up there and during Krosus I got 2 procs...
    My suggestion is firstly to understand the fight, ST vs AoE so you know which trinkets to use and after that, go to a dummy, equip Charm and Corr, test the shit our of that dummy. Then equip stat stick instead of Corr and test the dummy again. If the values are waaaaay different, then pick the higher one. If they are close, look at the procs(stated rppm vs actual rppm), think about the bosses you'll encounter, the stats they increase, each spell damage(you'll have tons of SS, but few New Moons for example and pick one.

If you dont like what I have to say, then stop reading. But if youre gonna go to every one of my post and complain how negative I am and say I am giving cancer, then grow up.

If you dont like what I have to say, then stop reading. But if youre gonna go to every one of my post and complain how negative I am and say I am giving cancer, then grow up.

Let me help you:
    If you don't like what I have to say, then stop reading. But if you're gonna go to every one of my post and complain how negative I am, then grow up.

/end off topic.

Oh lol you were one of those guys going to every thread, saying boomkins are a dead class in this patch. Idk why you would quote yourself haha
    Last edited by MV Kaa; 2017-01-20 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Have yet to see somebody with guldan's trinket so far ( moonkins ). one of my guildies have it ( a fire mage ) and her dps stays the same

Deleted
    Yes it procs stupidly (880). Can do SW->LS->SS with ED on proc without any other buffs, but it usually procs at the most worst times. Hat will drop at the debuff stage; most you can do is 1xSW->SS. It has a huge chunk of int and i don't doubt that the buff/debuff is an overall benefit, but it does feel very iffy, sticky, unfun and stupid.
    Also have Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire (870). wowhead.com/item=140800&bonus=3514 (postcount no link). Feels much worse than same ilvl Plaguehive. The cooldown is just too long, and it has minimum range of maybe 20 yards.

Bump to see if one of our big brained cohorts would give input on how the OP changes with recent trinket edits.

for reference:
    " In general, we’ve found that our tuning on trinkets which relied on a direct damage or healing effect (as opposed to their raw stats) have come up a bit short this expansion. To help address that, we’re making the following changes:

Icon of Rot: Damage increased by 40%.
    Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire: Damage increased by 85%.
    Fury of the Burning Sky: Damage increased by 40%.
    Star Gate: Damage increased by 30%. ..."
    Last edited by Regorill; 2017-01-24 at 10:49 PM.