Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    But killing potential lives is. Time to accept consequences for your actions.
    A zygote is not a human being. Someone who doesn't want to have a child, who doesn't want to be pregnant is taking responsibility by getting an abortion. "Accept the consequences" is a bullshit specious argument for "don't take responsibility for something you want to be different." If someone falls off of a ladder, do you insist the "accept the consequences", trying to outlaw them from going to the doctor to get the bone set and a cast put on?

"Time to accept the consequences" in the abortion debate is just short hand for "I want to punish you for having sex." What a fucked up raison d'etre you'd impose on children.

They likely don't
    they all can fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So, just to make a few things clear, I'm going to outline a few facts, and a few obvious conclusions based on what you've said, before outlining two possibilities.

-Fact: Some people are raped.
    -Fact: Some of the people that are raped are women.
    -Fact: Some women who are raped by men become pregnant.
    -Fact: It is illegal for a parent to kill their child after it has been born under any but the most extreme of circumstances (self-defense, etc).
    -Fact: Having a rapist for a parent is not considered justification from the perspective of the previous fact; if one of your parents is a rapist, it is still illegal for the other parent to kill you.
    -Fact: The previous fact remains a fact even if the woman is suffering greatly, is depressed, is traumatized... if, when her child is 1 year old, she decides she can no longer tolerate having a living connection to her rapist, it is still illegal for her to kill her child.

Obvious Conclusion: If an unborn child is considered human, all of the above applies to unborn children as well.
    Obvious Conclusion based on your position in this thread: You believe in protecting the unborn child, and the rights of the father.

-Possibility #1: You oppose abortion in the case of rape, and believe women should be forced to carry their rapists' child to term regardless of their feelings on the subject.
    -Possibility #2: You are a hypocrite willing to forget the fact that you consider an unborn child to be a human being in the case of a woman who has been traumatized, allowing your feelings of guilt and empathy to overcome your ethical stance on the issue.
    Rape is an exception. I meant when both had consentual sex. And the father also wants to have the baby and be a father for the yet to be born baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Nope, not your body so you have no say in her removing anything from it.
    Come up with another argument that's less repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    He is trying to do this as a federal bill. Meaning it would hit every state.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you going to enjoy the raise in taxes to pay for all of the unwanted children? No? Then you obviously do see something wrong with the bill. Steve King is a fucking moron.
    You could just quit sport fucking and then women wouldn't have to murder babies.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Come up with another argument that's less repetitive.
    It's the only one there is because it's a fact.

Deleted
    Republicans are so dumb it's unbelievable.

Forcing someone to keep children that they do not want will be children that will just end up being abused by those parents, become orphans or in the worst case end up permanently in the forster care system. There are too many sad children in the world, don't add more to it.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-16 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    they all can fail
    And most often they do not, like .01 ℅ it fails.

Quote Originally Posted by want my slimjim View Post
    rape is an exception. I meant when both had consentual sex. And the father also wants to have the baby and be a father for the yet to be born baby.
    find a willing women to breed for you. Unwilling women dont have to breed for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only one there is because it's a fact.
    Not a fact, just an opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Two of the new threads today.... a law to allow to run down protesters with a car and a law to protect ''potential life''. Who needs movies?

10+ Year Old Account
    And most often they do not, like .01 ℅ it fails.
    Condoms can break. Birth control isn't 100% because it's a drug. Drugs don't always work. It's much more than .01% because there's too many variables.

Rape is an exception. I meant when both had consentual sex. And the father also wants to have the baby and be a father for the yet to be born baby.
    So you admit to possibility #2 then? That you believe an unborn child is a human being deserving of protection, but are willing to put that aside and allow the unborn child to be killed in the case of non-consensual sex?

It's one thing for them to turn own state into a 3rd world shithole, it's another thing to try to impose that on other states. I assume the primary purpose is to get the states that don't want this to challenge it and take it to the Supreme Court and hoping the court rules differently this time.

Deleted
    Yes lol it is is. The babies genectic material is also the fathers. He should have every right to keep the baby alive if he wants it. You shouldn't be able to have abortions Willy nilly at anytime.
    Mothers still has more rights, in every western country on the globe. If she wants to do abortion there's little to nothing a father can do unless they legally declare they'll raise and financially support the child. If they don't, and 99% of the time they don't, the mother can go ahead with abortion.

I have yet to see very compelling cases when the mother was in clear mind, where the legal system denied an abortion because the father that conceived it, wanted to keep it. Most cases where an abortion was halted or forbidden was when the mother for example had severe mental issues.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-01-16 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stance:

Abortion is ok when:

• Result of a rape.
    • Contraception failed.
    • Unviable socio-economic situation.
    • Danger for the mother.
    • Represent a liability for the mother and her job.
    • Disease or Sickness that would make the child unable to live on his own.

When it is not ok:

• Abortion abused repeatedly for the same motives.
    • To take revenge on an individual.
    • When the child can be willfully taken by another family member to raise him, if the parents socio-economical situation is unviable.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Because its not a human being yet, get over it.

But enjoy your backwards country, we'll laughing at you over here.
    Killing potential lives is moving forward now? Lol best comedy gold of the day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So you admit to possibility #2 then? That you believe an unborn child is a human being deserving of protection, but are willing to put that aside and allow the unborn child to be killed in the case of non-consensual sex?
    Rapists are a different species, so we cannot have babies hybrids running around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Yeah so just kill 'em all!
    alot of pseudo hitlers lately wanting to commit genocide on potential life.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-01-16 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Killing potential lives is moving forward now? Lol best comedy gold of the day.
    You better stop masturbating and using condoms!
    Its a sin!

Rapists are a different species, so we cannot have babies hybrids running around.
    Hybrids? wut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause as we all know the soul comes from the heart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    My stance:

Abortion is ok when:

• Result of a rape.
    • Contraception failed.
    • Unviable socio-economic situation.
    • Danger for the mother.
    • Represent a liability for the mother and her job.
    • Disease or Sickness that would make the child unable to live on his own.

When it is not ok:

• Abortion abused repeatedly for the same motives.
    • To take revenge on an individual.
    • When the child can be willfully taken by another family member to raise him, if the parents socio-economical situation is unviable.
    Pretty much agree with that.

Abuse needs to be fixed, but abortion abuse cases are extremely rare. It's not really something that happens more often than 1/1million.