Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i mean there's reasonable stuff you shouldnt say, but not every occurrence of feeling excluded or offended is actually offensive or exclusive. TO that end, those people need to just be ignored instead of changing ones behavior to fit a very tiny world view.
    Wait, what are you saying here? That in some occurrences people feeling it don't actually feel it? That they're making it up? Are you trying to tell people what they should feel and to force your subjective interpretation of what's offensive or exclusive onto others? I guess you are a Texan after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    In all seriousness, whether or not anyone else notices it (I don't expect people to view all my posts), I think there's a marked difference in how I engage with people like Spectral or nextormento, who I take seriously and generally respect, even if I disagree with them at times, and... the rabble.
    Pretty sure most posters do that. Primary exceptions being Endus or people like Orlong (the latter probably being too busy to adjust their behavioral programming to be bothered by such trifles).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    eh, I still find a few things on there as really stupid. "crazy / dumb / retarded", "ugly" are really just kind of ridiculous (or may I say, really dumb), and "bitch" is [perfectly acceptable if someone is acting like a bitch, or between women.

This is a rather large overreaction, and I think these people have too much time on their hands
    That's because your internalized misogyny turned you into a shitlord (I'm not sure if shitlady is more misogynystic because it turns the focus to your sex or less misogynystic because it adjusts the word to it, but to think of it, going with shitlord fits for one reason or another).

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Possibly. What I generally observe from others seems to be normal differences between in-group and out-group behavior in the form of varying levels of hostility, as opposed to any elevation in quality or thoughtfulness. Theo comes to mind as someone who also demonstrates the sort of dichotomy I'm talking about where regardless of what I may think of her posts, it's clear she puts significantly more effort into responding to people she has a favorable opinion of if the situation calls for it and basically reduces to drive-by antagonism otherwise.
    Or she "suddenly" "remembers" who it is she's talking to and stops responding altogether. *raises hand*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I don't appreciate this you guys >.>

Deleted
    TBF very few people are going to change their opinions because of strangers online... Granted some members are fun to converse

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why is it the people complaining about SJWs are also the most easily outraged
    Between some people trying to ban "you guys" and the people complaining about those attempting to ban words, I'd say the most easily outraged goes to those trying to ban some common words.

10+ Year Old Account
    The UW system is trying to compensate for the fact that Wisconsin is now a "red state."

I am a liberal and normally defend liberals, but this is just too stupid. Entire languages are built around masculine and feminine words, though they don't always apply logically. It's just a colloquialism and has nothing to do with oppression.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I couldn't care less. I will still use "you guys" when talking to a group of people. If it is all females, I will probably still say "you guys" because I understand "guys" in this case to be gender-insensitive vs "you girls", which, in my opinion, at 33, trivializes all women into girls and conjures an image of silly, laughing pre-teens.
    If you want to sound super old, you could say "you gals".

Another quality CVC post from the OP

College says don't be asshole. Legion of trolls comes out to be assholes to complain that they're not a legion of assholes by being a legion of assholes.

infracted - trolling

Fucking really?
    Last edited by Ahhdurr; 2017-01-17 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, poor OP got banned... I'm so sorry, my sweetcake. It will be okay, we won't let those students get to you, I promise!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I'm being such a fat-ass right now.

Why not: Demeans and devalues fatness/fat bodies, reinforces harmful assumptions that fat people are gluttonous and are fat because they have no restraint around food. Also implies that there is an acceptable amount of food to eat and anything more is disgusting, or that enjoying food too much is disgusting.
    I'm all against fat shaming but how is something so brazenly anti-intellectual being taught at an institution for education

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Aww, poor OP got banned... I'm so sorry, my sweetcake. It will be okay, we won't let those students get to you, I promise!
    He got triggered one too many times it seems.

These threads are always good for some /popcorn'ing

I especially love it when I'm told I have to be willing to be off-the-cuff offensive to anyone I meet, and if I'm cordial and polite to anyone I meet then I'm a dirty SJW feminist piece of trash. There's this special little moment when some of the usual suspects who come in and bash people who suggest people should be polite, and watching their inner struggle to try and maintain this moral superiority that OF COURSE they're not wantonly insulting to every single person, but that doesn't make them an SJW, because they're special enlightened snowflakes who distinguish how not-SJW they are by bashing and trolling anyone who suggests people should be... polite.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He got triggered one too many times it seems.

These threads are always good for some /popcorn'ing

I especially love it when I'm told I have to be willing to be off-the-cuff offensive to anyone I meet, and if I'm cordial and polite to anyone I meet then I'm a dirty SJW feminist piece of trash. There's this special little moment when some of the usual suspects who come in and bash people who suggest people should be polite, and watching their inner struggle to try and maintain this moral superiority that OF COURSE they're not wantonly insulting to every single person, but that doesn't make them an SJW, because they're special enlightened snowflakes who distinguish how not-SJW they are by bashing and trolling anyone who suggests people should be... polite.
    Well, let's be honest here: logic has never been a strong point of many Internet folks. They just have tribal thinking: "My camp is right, your camp is wrong".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, let's be honest here: logic has never been a strong point of many Internet folks. They just have tribal thinking: "My camp is right, your camp is wrong".
    A point of great amusement for me, is that I rarely do put my personal views out there. I mostly just challenge and sometimes mock the ridiculous behavior of others as they get salty and triggered about college kids being college kids. And let's face it, universities have been centers for crazy social activism since ever. This is absolutely nothing new, nor is it ever really worthy of the amount of outrage some people put towards it. And while these college kid activists are wasting a lot of energy on silly things, those who are outraged by this social activism are wasting even more energy being outraged over people, events, and opinions that... have no sway, no power, no influence in the grand scheme. It'd be more understandable when they're actually close to passing laws, and stuff like title IX, but wasting energy on this is just that, a huge waste.

These people can't ever seem to point to where I actually support the crazy antics of these college kids, they just think I'm an SJW feminist piece of trash because I dare to point out how ridiculous they act and how triggered they get. Although much like Endus, Nixx, et al. I am at least capable of committing the brain power necessary to understand WHY these kids act the way they do, and in some instances, like this one, even realize that not only is it wasting energy to get so triggered over these things, but in THIS CASE (and others) they're not even doing something that's really outrage worthy. They're putting out suggestions on... how to be polite. Holy fuck, like seriously how do people get so triggered over such a thing?

The few times I do actually state my stance/opinion on something, I get a "What is this, we think the same about this issue, are you just trolling me? You're just some dirty SJW!"

They believe that because I harshly criticize them for going full retard on these issues, that I am in no way a reasonable person, and am just some dirty SJW feminist piece of trash.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Time, as always, to laugh and move on.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

7+ Year Old Account
    More snowflakes who cant deal with reality.