Nighthold - Holy Paladin talents discussion

Hey guys,

Nighthold Normal/Heroic has opened today. Let's discuss the best holy paladin talents for each encounter! Please share your thoughts as the bosses go down so we can perform ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by whinx View Post
    Hey guys,

Nighthold Normal/Heroic has opened today. Let's discuss the best holy paladin talents for each encounter! Please share your thoughts as the bosses go down so we can perform ideally.
    Tier 1: Bestow faith on all fights
    Tier 2: Rule of Law on all fights
    Tier 3: who cares
    Tier 4: Mercy seems best on all fights but that might change on Mythic; Sacrifice can be useful on a few bursty fights but that's up to you
    Tier 5: Holy Avenger is the best on all fights unless you have mana issues which you shouldn't, then you should go Divine Purpose
    Tier 6: Sanctified Wrath all the way, on all fights UNLESS you have the legendary ring then JoL is slightly better. Obviously you don't wanna pick JOL if another paladin does.
    Tier 7: BoF on fights where both tanks take consistent damage, BotL on fights where you get to stack up a lot, there are a few such as Skorpyron and Star Augur.

Obviously there will be differing opinions once strats are determined and Mythic is more accessible. But I think that's a decent guideline for now.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Tier 4: Mercy seems best on all fights but that might change on Mythic; Sacrifice can be useful on a few bursty fights but that's up to you
    Tier 5: Holy Avenger is the best on all fights unless you have mana issues which you shouldn't, then you should go Divine Purpose
    Tier 6: Sanctified Wrath all the way, on all fights UNLESS you have the legendary ring then JoL is slightly better. Obviously you don't wanna pick JOL if another paladin does.
    Tier 7: BoF on fights where both tanks take consistent damage, BotL on fights where you get to stack up a lot, there are a few such as Skorpyron and Star Augur.

Obviously there will be differing opinions once strats are determined and Mythic is more accessible. But I think that's a decent guideline for now.

I had to run BoF on Star Augur. My tanks were taking stupid amounts of damage when trying to clear the fel patches with the comet.

Deleted
    hoj cd reduction for botanist

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    hoj cd reduction for botanist
    if your group has 2 hunters... which ive never seen a group that doesnt. then they will have binding for every set of lashers. if your group isnt killing them in the binding stun duration then they are doing it wrong. my point: you shouldnt be worrying about stunning adds.

I played mostly with this build in this first week and it was pretty consistent in my opinion. I just need to try BoF, which I didn't used, and I think Light's Hammer might be great in a fight like Skorpyron.

Deleted
    Has anyone experimented with Lightbringer on Krosus?

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    Has anyone experimented with Lightbringer on Krosus?
    Doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Majority of tank damage is the dot, so you're basically always going to have two tanks taking damage. Pretty awesome for BoF.

Deleted
    Faith is obviously really good on Krosus. I'm just wondering if it's necessary because Lightbringer is also very good there and could potentially be even better if you can manage to keep tanks up with it. From my experience I'd say it very much is necessary, just wondering what others think.

JoL is good regardless of legendaries, to be clear. As long as you don't have other Paladins interfering (which is tough now with all specs having access to it).

Otherwise, you can see healers at the top ranks doing work with basically every combo of talents, at lot of it is just preference and which playstyles you're comfortable with. I think the only thing that isn't debatable is that Rule of Law is almost borderline required.

As for beacons, Faith is pretty popular as well, hard to go wrong. Not all the fights have dual tank damage like EN, but there's enough going out that it's still viable

I piddled with my talents quite a bit when we went in on Thursday, though we only cleared through Krosus so far.

The build I ended up going with is:

Tier 1: Bestow Faith (Hammer was useful for some of the fights, but is so badly gimped by the long cooldown)
    Tier 2: Rule of Law
    Tier 3: Meh
    Tier 4: Devotion Aura (Really helped with Skorpy, Krosus, and Aluriel in particular)
    Tier 5: Holy Prism (I know it's not the popular choice, but I'm still finding it highly useful, even if only as an extra single-target instant)
    Tier 6: Judgment of Light (I'm the only Holy pally, and the only pally in the raid that uses JoL)
    Tier 7: Beacon of Faith (Both tanks were taking pretty consistent damage, so this was the most reasonable choice for me)

I am thinking about switching out T5 for Holy Avenger during the next raid, and maybe going back to Sanctified Wrath. Need to mess around with it a bit more.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

With how haste interacts with our artifact ability, I find it hard justifying any other talent than Holy Avenger for that tier. A simple macro activates them at the same time and they share a cooldown.

Judge of light is actually super good.

Beacon of Faith is top on logs for all fights. So why wouldn't I use it on all fights?. Lightbringer is more awkward to use as you have to switch beacon to the relevant tank.

Only reason I'd ever use lightbringer is if there's another holy pally and we put 1 on each tank.