Void & Light - nature of Warcraft universe

I've been thinking lately and came up with theory. I haven't read Chronicle so maybe a lot of this is just wrong and total miss but nevermind

Instead of IMO boring story of how Void is bad and Light is good I've been thinking along these lines:

From Chronicle cosmos chart we can see that the reality is product of interplay between Light and Shadow-Void. The four cornerstones of chart are Life, Death, Order and Chaos. For my theory to make sense I will call Death and Chaos lesser aspects of Shadow, and Life and Order lesser aspects of Light.
    What if the purpose of these cornerstones is to keep interplay between Light & Shadow balanced so no side prevails in eternal conflict. Death balances out Life as if there's no death, life would suffocate reality. Same for Life, if there's no Life, Death would make reality just an empty husk. Order which can be percieved as Stasis balances out Chaos which can be percieved as Change and other way around. You can now see where I am going with this now.

Void creatures are embodiment of Void and two main characteristics they represent is Change and Death which is evident in their shapeless, neverforming bodies and their need to devour/destroy.
    Naaru are embodiment of Light and two main characteristics they represent is Stasis and Life which is evident in their expresionless, ever static bodies and their will to nurture life.

Now I go into kinda headcannon part but listen
    Purpose of Titans is to bring Order(Stasis) to worlds/planets around the universe. Purpose of Demons is to bring Chaos(Change) to worlds they war with (Just look how much Azeroth has changed thanks to their direct or indirect actions...). Titans are stronger than demons yes, but I consider it balanced out because titans are few in number comparing to demons and also weak to Fel so they can't stop demons on all fronts and save all the worlds they ordered.
    What if Sargeras by killing Titans and creating Burning Legion unintentionally caused cosmical imbalance. What if right now Void has the upper edge over Light thanks to Sargeras removing one of cornerstones (Order - Titans) which is needed to keep eternal conflict between Light and Shadow in check.

What if we can save all reality only if we replace the role which was missing for millenias. What if the only way to save reality is to awake Azeroth the Titan who will fill the cosmical role which is long forgotten and which dissapeareance is giving Void edge over Light.

What I like most about this is Light isn't force of Good and Void isn't force of Evil. It's all just perspectives. Just imagine a flipped version of the story where Azeroth(Stasis) killed Sargeras(Chaos) and Light is having the edge in conflict. From this perspective Void Lords would be "good guys".

I know this may be wrong on so many levels but tell me what you think about this theory
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-01-18 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    From Chronicle cosmos chart we can see that the reality is product of interplay between Light and Shadow-Void. The four cornerstones of chart are Life, Death, Order and Chaos. For my theory to make sense I will call Death and Chaos lesser aspects of Shadow, and Life and Order lesser aspects of Light.
    I tend to look at it this way myself. Death and 'Disorder' seem closer to the Shadow/Void's nature as a devouring, entropic force that breaks things down, while Life and Order are closer to the Light's nature as a creative force that brings things into being. None of these forces are inherently good or bad, but some may be regarded as more inimical to mortal life than others - Disorder brings with it immense potential as it breaks away from the limits of Order, but dissolving the limitations of Order also makes it a highly dangerous, inherently corrosive force that can devour and destroy as easily, or more easily, than it can empower.

As for the matter of universal harmony, things tend to balance themselves out naturally if they survive for any length of time (anything that doesn't balance out usually dies off). The universe has settled into a kind of harmony, with Light and Void separated by the universe itself, and elements within the universe reaching equilibrium - life was matched by death, and the rampages of the demons kept in check by the watch of the Titans. Certainly things are trending towards destruction now - if the words of Viz'Aduum in Karazhan are to be believed, the Legion has eliminated all other worlds with Titan souls (possibly all other worlds period, although that's an extreme interpretation) and only Azeroth remains. Azeroth was described by the Titans as being powerful enough to neutralize the Void Lords, so her loss could leave the balance of the universe vulnerable to a major Void incursion. She would also be powerful enough to stop Sargeras, so if she is not allowed to awaken Sargeras could also complete his vision of eliminating all things in the universe and starting over - even if he does succeed, a new universe could wind up being just as vulnerable or even more vulnerable to the Void Lords.

I'm not a moral relativist and I don't think the underdog in a conflict is automatically the good guy, so I would have no problems if the Void Lords were put at a disadvantage - their goal is to conquer the universe and if the Old Gods are any indication of what it would be like with them in charge, the universe would become a madhouse of insanity and corruption where every living thing was a toy of dreadful gods. Maybe from their perspective that would be 'good', but like I said earlier some things are inimical to other things - mortal life would suffer terribly if the Void Lords dominated. Balance might be possible even with the Void, but the Void Lords would need to be removed from the equation first.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I'm not a moral relativist and I don't think the underdog in a conflict is automatically the good guy, so I would have no problems if the Void Lords were put at a disadvantage - their goal is to conquer the universe and if the Old Gods are any indication of what it would be like with them in charge, the universe would become a madhouse of insanity and corruption where every living thing was a toy of dreadful gods. Maybe from their perspective that would be 'good', but like I said earlier some things are inimical to other things - mortal life would suffer terribly if the Void Lords dominated. Balance might be possible even with the Void, but the Void Lords would need to be removed from the equation first.
    What I meant to say is there's no "good "or "evil" in this. Light and Void are just behaving acording to their cosmical nature - batling one another because what is Light if not absence of Shadow, and what is Shadow if not absence of Light. Void Lords are just acting acording to their nature, they're the forces of Change and Destruction in opposition to Light which is force of Stasis and Life. And however evil Void Lords look, for balance to sustain we need Change they bring which needs to be opposed by same amount of Stasis the Naruu bring. But as I read what I wrote now I was wrong in something. Naruu by their nature we'll never try to "overcome" the void, since they battle change "by staying still".

From our perspective Void Lords will always look evil because their nature is considered Evil by us mortals. But from cosmical point of view they're doing just what Void is meant to do. Naaru we'll always look Good to us, but not because they're Good, but because their nature is what we mortals consider good. But what we mortals don't get is that if there's no Void there wouldn't be Light and removing the Void from equation can be as dangerous as removing the Light from it.

I think Void Lords are a part of that balance, but Void Titan is the thing that Sargeras was scared of and what would disrupt the balance of universe. So that's why when he saw it he was so scared. Better to restart the faulty universe in which there exist a possibility of Void Titan and build new one where such "bug" will be fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance, in and on itself, is an order. The Titans would want to preserve this balance, since they are agents of Order. They are not against change. Their order does not mean stasis. They did, afterall, created the Well of Eternity out of Azeroth's "blood" to nurture the evolution (change) of life forms. They accepted that some earthens were turned into dwarves. In the same way, the Wild Gods, agents of Life, are not against death. They admit that death is an essential part of the natural cycle. Druids value the restorative powers of nature, but also the ferocity of Goldrinn or other Ancients.

If there is unbalance to be made, it would not come from the forces of Life or Order, nor from the Light, since it would go against their best interests. The demons, on the other hand, are all about chaos. They want to break that balance and Sargeras mold them to be destroyers of the whole universe. The Lich King wanted to destroy all life, which means destroying the balance between life and death.

So, in one hand, you have the trio Light-Order-Life who wants to preserve the Universe, nurture life, and establish harmony between the elements, and in the other hand, the trio (who are not really a team since they have contradictory goals) Shadow/Void-Chaos-Death that wants to wreck it all. It's clear to me who are the good guys and who are the bad guys.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    what is Light if not absence of Shadow, and what is Shadow if not absence of Light.
    This parallel isn't completely accurate. Light existed first and alone. Shadow only came into being in places where Light faded as it expanded.

We're the light, and the Void / Legion are the darkness while the titans are the balance of power. Each has its own fate, its own story and each has a role in each others fate in some way or another. Each cannot exists without the other, as the universe needs balance to it. Blizzard story's are a bit cliche in this way, the good and evil thing. One thing that really surprised me was the Illidan story arc and how you can be evil for trying to do something good, i never really saw the Light and Dark mesh so well which lead me to think this.

The point I'm trying to make it that you cannot have one without the other, as we all have the Light and Darkness inside of us in some shape or form.

Now for which one came 1st(Light Or Darkness) that is up for a different kind of debate?
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2017-01-21 at 07:57 PM.