10+ Year Old Account

Fire mage haste breakpoint

Alright so right my character is:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcloner/simple

Simcraft 715-01 is giving me a strange reading after an item ugrade and I am assuming it is wantching me to achieve a haste breakpoint. Does anyone know the lowest haste breakpoint above 4500 as a troll? I am looking to get an extra gcd in during combust.

I have been modifying the numbers in my sim profile but I feel like they aren't taking.

Is simcraft even reliable yet? I know it hasn't been posted to their front page.

Nightly build.
    mage discord
    alteredtime

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Alright so right my character is:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcloner/simple

Simcraft 715-01 is giving me a strange reading after an item ugrade and I am assuming it is wantching me to achieve a haste breakpoint. Does anyone know the lowest haste breakpoint above 4500 as a troll? I am looking to get an extra gcd in during combust.

I have been modifying the numbers in my sim profile but I feel like they aren't taking.

Is simcraft even reliable yet? I know it hasn't been posted to their front page.
    Might be because you go under global with scorch when popping lust in execute phase since oyu have belt...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Nightly build.
    mage discord
    alteredtime
    I am using the nightly build
    I don' know how to access the mage discord (but if you could guide me in this i would appreciate this)
    altered-time has no mention of haste marks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Might be because you go under global with scorch when popping lust in execute phase since oyu have belt...
    sorry if i was unclear but haste is being valued very high which means i am likely close to a haste breakpoint.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0gLMHikX2aZ23VdA

This also can be a good place to discuss bits & bobs and have some good resources (i.e class discords)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveWoW/

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    sorry if i was unclear but haste is being valued very high which means i am likely close to a haste breakpoint.
    This could be related to a haste breakpoint to fit another fire blast into combustion
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    haste ratio reduces the cd of fire blast and cinderstorm.
    GCD should not be an issue, but fire blast cd could be something to consider. Especially if you run RoP in your simulations.

Hello @Bombercloner

Currently I do have 21% haste / 50% critical / 16% mastery / 3% versatility. That's quite a lot of haste (7500), huh? Yet SimulationCraft still sims Haste (or versa) far better than critical (or mastery) @ single target 5min fight. This varies a bit on fight length and number of targets, where mastery comes little bit ahead of other stats on AoE and haste/versa becomes even better with shorter fight. At least for me, that is how it works.

Anyway, the reason why haste becomes so powerful is because of Mirror Images talent (haste scales extremely well with MI) and Legendary waist. If you unequip these items/talents, haste will lose a lot of value, might still be on par with critical, though.

Regardless, you probably should follow this idea:
    - playing with MI and waist? go ahead - you will like haste
    - playing with ROP? you probably don't wanna go ham in haste

Currently MI might be the best option for single target (or cleave, eventually) raid bosses. Nevertheless, MI loses value on AoE (and this haste losing value), and that's where ROP (or even IF) gains a lot of value.

If you want to min-max, you probably should get two different sets: one favoring crit playing with ROP for AoE/m+; and one favoring haste rather than crit with MI for pure single target.

All of that what I posted is very subjective.
    Last edited by Wenoxar; 2017-01-18 at 11:28 AM.