It use to be every week.
    Now it's every 2 weeks
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I mean, it's normal .. so duh? But there's also a deeper pacing philosophy involved in this decision which would seem obvious if you actually think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    I find it good to gate it, I mean, normal is already cleared. They should've increased the difficulty more then, at least people have to wait a bit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Like the title says Nighthold is cleared day 1 and yet Mythic/LFR still gets gated release dates. why?

There is no reason for ether of these modes to have a gated release date, Even more so LFR having a gated release date that takes nearly 2 months.

With how broken gearing is in Legion there is guilds who can step into Mythic this week.

Its a system that needs to be changed. Casual players who only do LFR shouldn't have to wait a extra nearly 2 months and Hardcore players shouldn't have to wait a extra week.
    Mythic being gated gives one week of data to the devs, to tune the raids.

LFR being gated is a way to incentivize people to try normal.

There are reasons, you may not agree with them, but there are.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    mythic/lfr I understand having a week after normal/heroic opens. I don't like how it's gonna take 8 weeks for lfr to fully open, for my alts that's gonna suck. should be 4 weeks

I prefer the way it used to work prior to Wotlk where it took months for your average guild to even get to see the last boss of a raid let alone kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I prefer the way it used to work prior to Wotlk where it took months for your average guild to even get to see the last boss of a raid let alone kill it.
    *bad guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Removing LFR would be the death-blow of WoW at this point.

Removing Flying did a significant hit to people in WoD, which is why they're adding it back in 7.2 rather than waiting for a full expansion cycle.

Truthfully I wont be surprised if next expansion, flying returns at launch as it always has.
    Sorry for telling you, But flying havent been avaible at launch in any expansion

Not every guild or player is at an elite level and Blizzard uses all the numbers generated in heroics this week, by us casuals AND the pros to do a numbers pass BEFORE mythic goes live. So expect, buffs and nerfs to classes and bosses announced next week.

It also helps weed out bugs and "clever use of game mechanics" that shouldn't happen.

P.S Top guilds will be doing normals and heroics if it means getting a kick ass tier bonus or a fantastic trinket for example.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

World first hc guldan 3h ago.

Deleted

The reason why mythic is released 1 week later is to allow people to gear up for it. This affects no one in a positive way as the only thing that would happen if this was changed would be that hardcore raiders would be forced to do content at a higher rate i.e. 24/7 in order to get into mythic. There's also the chance to catch bugs that slipped through testing.

LFR is gated because blizz keep trying to push people towards raiding normal which based on your viewpoint is a good/bad thing. Looks like blizz thinks that having more people raid is a good thing.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    "The 1% should set the rules for the remianing 99%. Also, I have no clue how shit should actually work."

-OP 2017

Regarding the LFR part: what's new?
    Last edited by thilicen; 2017-01-18 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That 1 week between n/h and mythic is pretty useful for tuning

I feel like LFR should be nerfed more and be just content that takes 10minutes at max to pass by, just for people that don't pvp or anything to see the content, thats what it was created for.

Other than that yes I believe it makes no sense for LFR to be gated that much and for the mythic thing hmm I think yes it should be open already.

If you can't do more than LFR, just don't raid. LFR should not even exist.

To fix some bugs that went through unnoticed before the mythic race starts.
    Just look at Highbotanist Tel'arn with his "this add will multiply itself indefinitely at this unkillable player so the server crashes" bug.

And at the LFR part...well, LFR shouldn't even exist in it's current form, go back to the difficulty it had in cataclysm, where you actually needed 3/4 of the group know the tactic... Now it's almost impossible to wipe, even if you want to (some endbosses excluded, but thanks to face roll bosses beforehand and determination buff or whatever it is called no one wants try to play the boss correctly)
    Learning the fight, wiping several times, discussing with your raid members and finding one working tactic, thats what raiding is about, not jumping in and face roll it, mythic raiders that mow down normal and/or heroic is something else, since these difficulties aren't made for them, but LFR is made for LFR players, and they mow that down, too.
    Yes, it was horrible when LFR started back in cataclysm, but you could see the whole playerbase to improve, now you see them get dumber and dumber every expansion down to a point where you're actually wondering how they were able to reach lvl 110
    Last edited by Ribesal; 2017-01-18 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribesal View Post
    To fix some bugs that went through unnoticed before the mythic race starts.
    Just look at Highbotanist Tel'arn with his "this add will multiply itself indefinitely at this unkillable player so the server crashes" bug.

And at the LFR part...well, LFR shouldn't even exist in it's current form, go back to the difficulty it had in cataclysm, where you actually needed 3/4 of the group know the tactic... Now it's almost impossible to wipe, even if you want to (some endbosses excluded, but thanks to face roll bosses beforehand and determination buff or whatever it is called no one wants try to play the boss correctly)
    Learning the fight, wiping several times, discussing with your raid members and finding one working tactic, thats what raiding is about, not jumping in and face roll it, mythic raiders that mow down normal and/or heroic is something else, since these difficulties aren't made for them, but LFR is made for LFR players, and they mow that down, too.
    Yes, it was horrible when LFR started back in cataclysm, but you could see the whole playerbase to improve, now you see them get dumber and dumber every expansion down to a point where you're actually wondering how they were able to reach lvl 110
    So..wow should be for smart people only?
    Lazy and bad players deserve to play too.

It's very likely that many people who only do LFR quit not too long after finishing the newest raid and blizzard sees it as a way to keep people subbed. Same reason they time gate a lot of suramar in short. As for mythic, it gives them a week of live testing on the bosses and class balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Unfortunately, LFR warriors don't get invited to Normal pugs who ask 860+ gear and AoC.
    I am a very casual player now who stopped raiding hardcore since MoP. I do normal mode every week (or at least whenever I feel like it) via the Group Finder and have NEVER been asked for AotC: Xavius despite actually getting it with another PuG. No one ever asked me to link it for normal PuGs; I just apply and get invited or declined depending on the available spots.

The LFR gating is too give people who participate in Normal and Heroic raids a sense of accomplishment of seeing and beating the raid before the LFR only raiders do.

Why that is important you need to ask them.