Deleted

Ret new to simcraft

So yesterday i finally decided to start with SC, since i wanted to be a bit less casual in my mythic guild. I followed through the FinalBoss guide on youtube to get it all prepared, however the end results, while mostly matching my own in-game experience in terms of numbers, were a bit off to me. I thought that after this new patch, the primary stat was always supposed to be on top, yet it says for me "Vers > Crit ~= Str > Haste > Mastery". Is that a possible result or did i do something wrong perhaps? everything should be up to date. Got the belt and ring legendaries. Armory here if that helps in any way: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...romesis/simple
    Again I'm mostly casual, just wanted to get a bit more insight into my char, since i was doing alright (had even 90% performance once or twice on some bosses, which was entirely new to me), and so i thought if i did that with my low effort approach, i could definitely improve.
    Last edited by mmoc12f3ec1021; 2017-01-18 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The official download is still on 7.0 instead of 7.1.5. You need to take the latest nightly build. With 7.1.5 all the primary stats are valued higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    The official download is still on 7.0 instead of 7.1.5. You need to take the latest nightly build. With 7.1.5 all the primary stats are valued higher.
    You also need ro enable PTR mode for now in the options, otherwise you are using 7.1.

But that being said, something is not right at the moment with rets in simcraft. A few nights ago I ran a sim, used the custom weights in Pawn, and then selected the gear i have that was rated highest. Then i exited the game, reimported my toon and re-simmed. The statweights were very different, so i imported the pawn string again and regeared accordingly, and then reimported and re simmed again. Only to have yet another set of stat weigts.

I repeated that process 5 times. Each time there was a big difference in my statweights. My simmed dps during this time was ranging between 385 to 409. Sometimes higher after the change, sometimes lower. So then i threw my hands in the air and said fuck this, and then just equipped my highest ilvl gear regardless of stats. I then simmed at 418.

So the end result is ill wait till simcraft is updated for 7.1.5 before i try it again. In the meantime i might just use the defaut pawn weights, or even just stick with higest ilvl.

(Keep in mind I raid as holy, not ret).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    You also need ro enable PTR mode for now in the options, otherwise you are using 7.1.

But that being said, something is not right at the moment with rets in simcraft. A few nights ago I ran a sim, used the custom weights in Pawn, and then selected the gear i have that was rated highest. Then i exited the game, reimported my toon and re-simmed. The statweights were very different, so i imported the pawn string again and regeared accordingly, and then reimported and re simmed again. Only to have yet another set of stat weigts.

I repeated that process 5 times. Each time there was a big difference in my statweights. My simmed dps during this time was ranging between 385 to 409. Sometimes higher after the change, sometimes lower. So then i threw my hands in the air and said fuck this, and then just equipped my highest ilvl gear regardless of stats. I then simmed at 418.

So the end result is ill wait till simcraft is updated for 7.1.5 before i try it again. In the meantime i might just use the defaut pawn weights, or even just stick with higest ilvl.

If you get the simcraft addon you don't need to log out every time to import. Just type /simc in chat then copy the profile it gives you into simc

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post

Working as designed.

Simplistically speaking, the more of a stat you get, the less valuable that stat becomes and the more valuable other stats become, in comparison with each other. Every time your gear stats change, even by a single point, your weights change too. You can't just change all your gear in accordance with one set of weights and expect that to be your best gearset.

Imagine all your gear had only haste, and the sim tells you crit is better. You replace the helm with a crit helm - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. You replace the shoulders with crit shoulders - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. You replace the cloak with a crit cloak - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. At some point in this process, crit and haste will even out, and that's where you're supposed to stop. If you just replace all your haste gear with crit gear and sim again, you're not seeing that - you're just going to get told "you're doing the same DPS as before, and haste > crit" and you'll go "amagad this is broken"

Stupid question (I'm also new to Simcraft) but if both stats are even is that when you start to gem/enchant vers?

I see some Rets with as much as 30% haste and others around 20%. Some say the amount doesn't matter while others say it does. I understand when you get closer to 30% haste ES gets an extra tick iirc?

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    If you get the simcraft addon you don't need to log out every time to import. Just type /simc in chat then copy the profile it gives you into simc
    Oh shit didn't know that, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Working as designed.

Simplistically speaking, the more of a stat you get, the less valuable that stat becomes and the more valuable other stats become, in comparison with each other. Every time your gear stats change, even by a single point, your weights change too. You can't just change all your gear in accordance with one set of weights and expect that to be your best gearset.

Imagine all your gear had only haste, and the sim tells you crit is better. You replace the helm with a crit helm - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. You replace the shoulders with crit shoulders - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. You replace the cloak with a crit cloak - crit just got a bit worse and haste just got a bit better. At some point in this process, crit and haste will even out, and that's where you're supposed to stop. If you just replace all your haste gear with crit gear and sim again, you're not seeing that - you're just going to get told "you're doing the same DPS as before, and haste > crit" and you'll go "amagad this is broken"

I get the principle of what you are saying, but I think maybe I didn't explain the magnitude of changes that it was going through. Unfortunately I didnt write down the last two stat weights but here were the first four it gave me:

Haste: 1.13 .69 .93 .4

Crit: 1.04 1.38 .39 .8

Str: 1 1 1 1

Vers: .56 1.09 .84 .53

Mast: .26 .78 .28 .58

But even more importantly considering that I have limited pieces of gear in my bag, one would think that perhaps the first time I ran it would result in me changing a lot of pieces of gear, the 2nd time a few, the 3rd maybe 1 or 2. By the 4th or 5th, it should be resulting in a stat-weighting that when I use it on pawn to compare my available gear, says I have the best in my inventory equipped.

Instead, not only did the weights change dramatically each time, the dps fluctuate significantly, but also, I was swapping out multiple pieces of gear each time. There was no indication that I was honing in on the right weights for the optimum combination of gear in my bag.

I don't know, maybe I just needed to do more cycles and it would have eventually settled down?

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I understand when you get closer to 30% haste ES gets an extra tick iirc?
    ES doesn't HAVE ticks any more. It does damage once, at the end. Even if it still worked the old way, all breakpoints like that were removed when they reworked the way haste interacts with DoTs. Any remaining haste breakpoints, for us at least, are to do with the number of GCDs that fit in a fixed window like Judgment or the cloak buff.