Deleted

NH: Demo vs Aff on ST

I main Demo, switched to Destro for certain fights. Didn't play Affliction in Legion.

In NH a lot of people talk about Demo being best ST still, but due to movement they will fall behind on NH bosses. So that means I should go Aff on ST.
    But then again in EN Demo was said to also be best at ST, but due to movement it was only on URsoc and Nyth it was best. But I found it viable all the way (though I picked Destro for the most obvious add fights).

So is NH just another EN, where Demo is fine for ST even though som movement are required? Or is it worse than EN speaking of movement demands?

Deleted
    Demo doing fine.

NR 1 of all the dps classes for the best 15% players atm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by exeel View Post
    I main Demo, switched to Destro for certain fights. Didn't play Affliction in Legion.

In NH a lot of people talk about Demo being best ST still, but due to movement they will fall behind on NH bosses. So that means I should go Aff on ST.
    But then again in EN Demo was said to also be best at ST, but due to movement it was only on URsoc and Nyth it was best. But I found it viable all the way (though I picked Destro for the most obvious add fights).

So is NH just another EN, where Demo is fine for ST even though som movement are required? Or is it worse than EN speaking of movement demands?
    Not really sure where you are going with this... in EN there WERE only 1 full ST and 1 quasi-ST boss (Nyth and Ursoc). It has nothing to do with movement that demo was not as good on the others.

NH itself actually does not have any full ST fight and only this bridge guy (Krosus or something) could be construed as a quasi-ST fight (if barely).

Demo changes will help the spec in non-ST settings (especially Impending Doom), so it will still be viable. But overall it will be on par if not slightly behind Affli in NH

Keep on doing what you are doing I think. Mainly because demo and destro sort of share stat priority. If you want to swap to affliction to squeeze every bit of dps you can, you will need a set of mastery armor.

Well, after night one it looks like Demo is doing just fine!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/11#class=Warlock

Will be interesting to see if this shifts at all as more people who changed main spec fill out Aff Legendaries and Artifact.

Deleted
    Demo is doing greatl.

Affliction is doing worse than most people expected it to be. Well MG was nerfed though. People didn't see that coming.

Destruction is doing way worse than I expected tbh. I thought Destruction was going to be a top spec for NH with all the priority adds and cleaving, but it turns out that this isn't the case.

All in all it seems like alle 3 speccs are playable in NH though. And don't forget that mythic isn't open yet, but I have to be honest I never ever thought that Demo would be better by a huge margin compared to affli and especially destro.

It is still early though. With tier sets, mythic, higher ilvl new trinkets etc. it is hard to tell how it will end up. And if it stays the way it is right now Blizzard can still buff Affli and Destro with a hotfix

Demo is still a very strong ST spec, but if you can't handle the movement in NH, you might do better as Aff.

My first night in ST (first wing only) I had a lot of success with demo. Skorpyon I definitely was glad i was still specced for my AOE dps spec from mythics. Tril I swapped to afflic due to the high movement requirements and got roughly the same dps as demo in the same gear

It's good for now. Wait for mythic, where we can't stand there and pop a shield until the "fatal" mechanic is over.

We won't really know how all the specs perform until everyone has their 4 piece and are doing mythic. Even if you aren't a mythic raider you'll still have to wait till 4 pieces come out. Destro gonna be really strong with 4 piece so it's gonna pick up

While normal/heroic had a lot of fights which the single damage is more important(the stars guy, the giant demon, aluriel, the scorpion and the 3 boss of that wing) I think affli will shine with the new 4 piece because many fights involve some sort of movement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonkraz View Post
    My first night in ST (first wing only) I had a lot of success with demo. Skorpyon I definitely was glad i was still specced for my AOE dps spec from mythics. Tril I swapped to afflic due to the high movement requirements and got roughly the same dps as demo in the same gear
    Skorpyron as affliction can be described as consecutive nerdgasms with no end in sight.

7+ Year Old Account
    on fights with light movement, demo fucking wrecks face
    on fights with heavy movement, thats when affliction shines
    WiA+ soul effigy, 2, 20 stacks of agony ticking, plus siphion life and coruption
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    on fights with light movement, demo fucking wrecks face
    on fights with heavy movement, thats when affliction shines
    WiA+ soul effigy, 2, 20 stacks of agony ticking, plus siphion life and coruption
    Do you know some good guides beside of the mmo champion one, with information updated?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Do you know some good guides beside of the mmo champion one, with information updated?
    no, i play bassicly only demo (with affliction for scorp) and i follow nots guide, and if i have questrions i ask him on the warlock discord as hres on there alot
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This guy is great, has a few short concise vids about playing post 7.1.5 Affliction:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Yipzarena/videos

Deleted
    just look for terryn on youtube, he has like a full guide series on affliction. really informative

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no, i play bassicly only demo (with affliction for scorp) and i follow nots guide, and if i have questrions i ask him on the warlock discord as hres on there alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawkfist View Post
    This guy is great, has a few short concise vids about playing post 7.1.5 Affliction:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Yipzarena/videos
    Thank you, both of you, this information is vital because, destro do very low damage

Played Demo all night yesterday, didn´t have a reason to switch once, but i must say proccing Discord from wrath spam has eased down cleave a lot as Demo.

If any given add spawn life´s long enough it´s a god send. Aluriels Frostadds were a good example of what is possibly

Been thinking about going affli on some of the fights with more movement, I normally play demo. And if I have the legendary belt, should I be usingContagion and UA one after another (refresh right after it drops off) or just do as the normal guide suggest.