10+ Year Old Account

Looking to build my first PC, could use some advice on a build

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vds6KZ
    (Picture if there is trouble with the link)

This is what I'm looking at right now.

This is pretty much my budget, a little over $500. I'm honestly looking to spend a little less if possible, maybe by downgrading the processor and/or graphics card. I honestly don't really care about graphics, just as long as I can run newer (or semi-newer) games such as Overwatch on Medium. I'm thinking of even just transfering the RAM, HDD, and PSU from my current PC (all which are good) to save more money.

Anyways, I'd love for some advice. I've never built a PC before and I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes down to parts, I think I made some good choices but I feel like I could get some similar parts at a cheaper price and similar performance.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-01-19 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'd go with something like this instead:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V7Bf2R
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V7Bf2R/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($75.00 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($50.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.60 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 470 4GB G1 Gaming Video Card ($170.99 @ Jet)
    Case: Zalman ZM-T3 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($25.95 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($38.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $483.89
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-18 23:47 EST-0500
    Normally i'd suggest an H110 motherboard, but until the manufacturers start shipping them with updated EFI/BIOS, it might not support the Kaby Lake CPU out of the box, so its safer to go with the B250 here. And its only about 20$ more expensive.

And never pay full price for Windows. Hit the grey market.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I'm thinking of even just transfering the RAM, HDD, and PSU from my current PC (all which are good) to save more money.
    You wouldnt be able to transfer RAM (as you almost assuredly have DDR3 in your old rig, and new machines will require DDR4), but you could hold over the HDD and PSU to save money... but it wont net you much, really. About ~80$, which isn't going to get you to a substantial upgrade from what i posted.

The extra 80$ could give him a nice SSD which would be a sizeable QOL improvement.

I'm in about the same boat as OP here...Kagthul what kind of performance would we be looking at with that build?