Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Video Game Sequels/Prequels you Wish would Happen

I'll start: Pokemon Black & White 3. We never found out if N and Hilda/Hilbert reunited again! It's currently Pokemon's greatest cliffhanger, and it doesn't require a contrived "save the world from evil team" plot to make a compelling, 30 hour story out of. Also, as a fantastic send off to Unova region. Cheren x Bianca could be canonized, Bianca takes over as the new Professor, Alder finds peace, the three dragons restored to their original form, reconstruction of the Unvoa region and final dismantlement of Team Plasma... there's so much material they could mine here.

Another one: Final Fantasy XII-2. Vaan, Penelo, Baltheir, Fran, and Montblanc embark on yet another adventure, and we get to see the aftermath of our actions in the first game. We could explore Rozzaria or the continents touched upon in FFTA and FFTA2. Ivalice is by far Final Fantasy's richest setting, and it's just a shame that there was only a single console game for it.

Demon's Souls. Was the last in the series of souls games that I played, but something about the world in that game just intrigued me in a way that the other 3 games and bloodbourne just never encapsulated. would love to see a sequel with more weapons, environments, and improved balancing with the same kind of mysteriousness and level design that Demon's Souls had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromehounds 2
    Black and White 3
    Terraria 2
    Sins of a Solar Empire 2
    KOTOR 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Snap 2. On the 3DS. Now.

Now.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Future Cop LAPD.
    Wild 9-2
    Rollcage 3
    Overboard 3
    Nightmare Creatures 3
    O.D.T 2
    MediEvil 3
    A new Croc or Gex.
    Basically a lot of my favourite Ps1 games.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Kotor 3
    Final Fantasy Tactics: lion wars 2
    Final Fantasy 7+9 Remake
    Skies of Arcadia 2
    Super Mario RPG 2
    Wave Race

All on the Nintendo Switch

10+ Year Old Account
    A direct follow up to Chrono Trigger in 3d. Chrono Chross was too different.

A 3rd game following OOT and Majora's Mask, in which we follow young link in a new "side" adventure after he returned to his world. Well they created Zelda after all, so any thing cool could happen if they decide D:

Deleted
    Baldurs gate 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mdk3 ---) some alien with time machine changes timeline pretty bad and its up to heroes to fix this (something like Kurt from Mdk 2 needs to save Kurt from Mdk 1)
    Ra-2 ---) to 3 that makes sense (mental omega kinds fixes that)
    X-5 -- ) but with all the updated mehanics of x-3
    C&C generals --) 2 (with better grafic, engine that can hold up to 20 ai and so on)
    The sting 2 (yeah that very old game where you steal)
    Neverhood 3 (2 was on ps, but it was kinda weird)

...and truckload more
    Don't sweat the details!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    KotOR 3
    Manhunt 3
    Black and White 3
    Diablo 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Legend of Dragoon 2 Such a great game and an interesting world that never got any kind of follow up at all.

Suikoden VI I know the Suikoden team has been disbanded and all moved on to other things making the series pretty much dead, but Suikoden II is my all time favorite game and I would love to see a return of this series.

A new Final Fantasy Tactics game. Those GBA games just do not count. Give me a true sequel to the greatest Tactics game ever.

Infamous 3 I still have not played the PS4 Infamous, but I head it is not all that good. Still, the first two games are some of my favorites and I replay them all time time. Lets have a return to form and a true sequel to the series.

A new Saint's Row The Third was alright but IV and Gat Outa Hell just went too overboard with the goofy shit. How about a complete reboot back to the great mix of seriousness and sillyness that was Saint's Row 2? No aliens, VR, Angels, Demons, and other crap. Just straight up gang warfare with a bit of tongue in cheek humor around the edges.

As StarGazer91 mentioned, a new Skies of Arcadia would be amazing. And while we are at it, Rogue Galaxy 2 would also be awesome.

Advent Rising 2 and 3
    Darksiders games for Fury and Strife
    Metroid prequel chronicling Samus time with the Chozo
    The Order: 1886 sequel, I liked the story but the game was... passable. If they make the game play better the sequel would be amazing IMO.
    I'll second Skies of Arcadia, prequel or sequel, I just loved the world and the aesthetics.
    Chrono Trigger direct sequel, Chrono Cross doesn't count IMO...it's connected but not a sequel and the magic and skill system in that game was terrible IMO.

Persona 3: Burn my Treads
    We have had spin offs out the butt for P4 for pretty much every genre BUT kart racing, this one makes sense.

Sun2/Moon2: Feels like theres more story to be told, would be great to go back to Alola

Phantasy Star 5
    Borderlands 3

10+ Year Old Account
    darksiders and mdk would be nice i agree.

what i would add:

legacy of kain - a continuation after defiance. while it was somewhat of an ending i see great potential for another game.
    american mcgee's alice 3 - first two where awesome.
    vampire bloodlines - one of the best rpgs. i would take any new single player game in that universe.
    planescape torment - another game in that universe. the game was very contained in itself so i don't think a direct sequel would work (tides of numenera is on my wishlist but it does not really count).

i also would like something starcrafty. doesn't has to be rts. warhammer 40k would also be nice ... a good game for a change. the last one was space marine.
    styx: master of shadows would have been on my list last year but the sequel is releasing soonish. one of the best games of 2015 and one of the best stealth games ever made imo.

and i would LOVE a combination of infinifactory and factorio. the puzzling and logistics in one game ... that could be so good.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2017-01-19 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon's Dogma 2
    KotOR 3

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a remake of Star Control 2 with a current gen engine that was true to the original game without shitting it up with modern "features" (aka garbage). I realize that all of the past licensing fuckery means this will never happen. But that game was friggin excellent.

The actual SC3 sequel was not worth speaking about.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-01-19 at 07:09 PM.

Condemned 3 and Dead Space 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darksiders 3
    Jak 4 (although Naughty Dog will likely need to find a passionate smaller dev like Sanzaru with Sly Cooper to take over the reins)
    KotOR 3 (KotOR is the best content in the entire Star Wars Universe. A modern KotOR would be mindblowing)
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 (A real sequel to Star Wars Battlefront 2. Not that half baked shit we got)
    Bloodborne 2 (If they take the quality and intrigue of Bloodborne 1 and fix its flaws, it will hands down be the best Soulsbourne game)

Finally, Kingdom Hearts 3. Until that game is in my hands, I don't believe it exists.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    A new Final Fantasy Tactics game. Those GBA games just do not count. Give me a true sequel to the greatest Tactics game ever
    I think you missspelled Tactics Ogre

As most have said Kotor 3 would be amazing and a new Ogre Battle game would be nice preferably the classic one or tactics I dont mind either way.