View Poll Results: Is a second civil war gonna happen?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • Yes

28 20.00%
  • No

112 80.00%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is a second civil war realistic? And if so what do you think will set it off?

People are talking about a second civil war. Is it even realistic this early?

I feel like this is all just gonna die down and go away. I also feel that anything Trump does to stop the protests will be the fuel the protesters need to continue.

What do you think?

Not realistic, it would be incredibly one sided.
    Republicans have far more guns & experience with them than Democrats, democrats would be slaughtered.
    If it was between those two.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post

I feel like this is all just gonna die down and go away. I also feel that anything Trump does to stop the protests will be the fuel the protesters need to continue.

What do you think?
    Out of curiosity, who is talking about another civil war? You guys have already had 2, why would you want another one?

Wouldnt happen. That isn't what America is about as a whole. it wouldnt be a civil war it would be just another war.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Most states don't have their own militaries anymore.

You'd be more likely to see mass civil disobedience and protesting and the like than an armed civil war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post

What do you think?
    Between who? Liberals waving dildos around and conservatives who enjoy our 2nd amendment and owning firearms?

Good luck with that.

Forgetting to put the toilet seat down.

Watch out, gents. The ladies are finally figuring out there are more of them than us.

"People are talking..." I can only ask whom? Only a moron would be in favor of that.

And no, I don't think its even close to being realistic.

Deleted
    I don't really see how it would be possible. There is nothing that would cause the military to split into two camps overnight. and any other large scale civil unrest would be crushed by the authorities long before it could be called a war, it would go down as large riots. the only other option is the military allows it, but then it's a coup not a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Two? Last I checked it was just the one. The American Revolution cannot validly be classified as a civil war since the predominant military action was against a foreign occupying power, rather than a domestic seceding neighbor state. The colonies had existed as a distinct, semi-autonomous entity in liege to the Crown well before the outbreak of violence, whereas the Confederacy literally did not exist until the announcement of their secession from the United States.
    I was referring to Captain America silly

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't put my money on the dust farmers and angry hicks just because you think they own a few more rifles.
    How about the fact the majority of our military are right leaning and they also voted trump. I think its funny you think your opposition would be a bunch of "hicks with rifles" when in reality it would be the most experienced soldiers and tacticians crushing any threat to the american way of life from your pinko terrorists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it realistic? No.
    What will set it off? Nothing.

definitely yes, i dont see liberal stronghold remaining in the union unless electoral college is scrapped and the USA can in no way in hell survive without the $$$$ from the rich blue states. and this will start the war where the red states sees they need to conquer the rich blue states to preserve the conservative agenda they are trying to force upon people.

So yes no doubt in my mind that we will see liberal states looking to leave the union if we keep going on the fascist route we are on right now.

No. It will be a class war.

Right now the powers that be have been very successful at getting us to fight amongst one another, even though we're all upset about the same thing. Republicans blame Obama, Democrats, and corrupt politicians for a dwindling standard of life in the United States. Democrats blame the wealthy and wealth inequality for our dwindling way of life. Both sides have had the same messages pounded down their throats time and time again. Look at how much fighting there is between parties now. Do you think that was an accident? It's been a very useful distraction.

One day people will wake up and start to question what they have been spoon fed. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but it will happen soon enough. Maybe it'll happen when yet another campaign promise is broken. When repealing Obamacare doesn't lower premiums like it should. When a free college education doesn't open the door to a middle class existence and when those working class jobs don't come back and if they do it's minimum wage part-time work that can barely put food on the table let alone cover housing costs or clothing or any other necessities of life.

I hope people really start to think about what they've been told to believe and think about why we have been pitted against one another.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    definitely yes, i dont see liberal stronghold remaining in the union unless electoral college is scrapped and the USA can in no way in hell survive without the $$$$ from the rich blue states. and this will start the war where the red states sees they need to conquer the rich blue states to preserve the conservative agenda they are trying to force upon people.

So yes no doubt in my mind that we will see liberal states looking to leave the union if we keep going on the fascist route we are on right now.
    I doubt it'll happen, but it'd be hilarious to see the pro-nationalism right freak out about liberal states wanting to become independent. Would basically amount to, "You're doing nationalism wrong so we hate you."

7+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAH. Are you serious? I was in the Marines for 4 years.

Wow a whole 4 years? Impressive, you must be very proud of that military career. Guess I'll take your word for it, your extensive four year military career is proof enough that you know how the entire U.S. military votes , guess I'll ignore all those polls and stats that show our military officers overwhelmingly vote republican, and the rest of the military is slightly more right leaning, but more importantly that they overwhelmingly supported trump this election.
    Last edited by Steve French; 2017-01-22 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even close.

Theres tone of processes that must take place before the country sees another Civil War.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There are two currencies in war, young men and money. It's pay to win.

Won't happen, both sides would lose if it did.

With a Republican controlled government they'd basically automatically win the war itself, but in the meantime wiping out the blue states revenue would obliterate the U.S. The red states simply have no real revenue stream, all the money comes from Cali, New York, MA, etc. If there was another Civil War there would be damn near nothing left.

You mean civil disobedience, not civil war.
    We're not a third world country.

There is absolutely no way such a ridiculous thing could ever happen.
    But there is and will be ALOT of problems.

People are becoming viciously divided like never before between the intelligent and the ignorant.
    So we'll have alot of social issues, but no one is going be starting a war. That's totally absurd.

Alot more riots wouldn't surprise me, though.