Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

NH feels like BT in terms of instance design.

U start out the raid in the sewers, where u have to kill the first bosses in order to advance. Then u reach a middle area where u can chose in what order u progress. Then u make your way to the top and after defeating the people in charge u fight the big bad in a RP fight on the roof.

I think this is a really cool raid design overal and I love it way more then EN.
    HFC also had similar design but there we took the front entrance.

Reminds me swp somehow. I didnt find it challenging on hc, still im pretty impressed and like this raid.

It does feel like BT.

For real though I think NH is one of the best raids they've done. The fights are awesome, the aesthetics are just amazing I could look at this raid all day and you can choose what bosses to do. If you're stuck on botanist just go do tich or star. I'm really satisfied with this raid.

Deleted
    Give it 6 months

So exactly like ToT. Except you can choose from a few bosses which to kill next.

It's the night man to sun wells day man

My guild downed the first 4 bosses yesterday and we should clear the rest tonight, but overall the raid feels great. I also think the bosses have some cool mechanics. The first 3 were very easy, but I am okay with that as they are more intro bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    The difficulty curve is extremely well done. The first couple bosses are just derp checks to make sure people actually have business being there, then Tich and and Krosus ramp it up a bit gear-check wise, and finally the last bosses go ham on complexity.

Very well paced.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems they overtuned it to compensate for a fairly easy Emerald Nightmare. And there is too much trash. But the bosses mechanics seems decent at least.

Reminds me more of sunwell, i think that the tomb of sargaras will feel more like BT imo ( looking at the bosses that is )

Deleted
    Yup; it feels pretty similar.

The only thing that slightly dissapointed me was the path to the Star Augur... It's feels just cut-short.
    The fight itself features great visuals; which does make up for it.

It doesn't feel that overtuned at all TBH... way less than ToV was in fact.

TBH: If it was up to me; i would have drawn out the middle court a bit... adding a gauntlet-encounter on the way up to the Spellblade-boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    Reminds me swp somehow. I didnt find it challenging on hc, still im pretty impressed and like this raid.
    really? cos we're world top ~100 and we were wiping on guldan for like 2 hours in our split run lol

the rest was easy tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    U start out the raid in the sewers, where u have to kill the first bosses in order to advance. Then u reach a middle area where u can chose in what order u progress. Then u make your way to the top and after defeating the people in charge u fight the big bad in a RP fight on the roof.

I think this is a really cool raid design overal and I love it way more then EN.
    HFC also had similar design but there we took the front entrance.
    And from what I'm seeing, ToS will also be the same. You start off in sewers and then work your way up to KJ.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzed View Post
    Too much trash
    This is really the only issue I have with Nighthold. I mean I get it. You're basically in the fortress going after the super baddie but jesus christ the amount of trash when you actually get into the city is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Seems they overtuned it to compensate for a fairly easy Emerald Nightmare. And there is too much trash. But the bosses mechanics seems decent at least.
    Overtuned.. lol. 5/10heroic so far after a 3hr raid night, so far definitely not overtuned, maybe later on but i'd hope gul'dan heroic was tough. Last heroic boss should be harder than first mythic.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I wouldn't say any of it is "overtuned". I'd say the fights are properly tuned later in the raid. Bot, Rich, Magistrix, Gul'Dan are all as difficult as they should be. Tichondrius is far from a challenge if you can kill bats well enough. I'd say Botanist is harder than him, Magistrix is pretty well done. We'll be doing Gul'Dan Sunday night and I expect him to be a legit fight
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    This is really the only issue I have with Nighthold. I mean I get it. You're basically in the fortress going after the super baddie but jesus christ the amount of trash when you actually get into the city is ridiculous.
    I mean you said it, it is a fortress afterall. Did you expect them to be like "oh please our leaders are this way, we will lead you right to them and here are some snacks if you are hungry."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Overtuned.. lol. 5/10heroic so far after a 3hr raid night, so far definitely not overtuned, maybe later on but i'd hope gul'dan heroic was tough. Last heroic boss should be harder than first mythic.
    I can't speak for heroic, but normal mode is way too hard.

Remember MoP. We had 4 difficulties, LFR, Flex, Normal, Heroic. Heroic was the very hardest. At the end of MoP, this happened:

LFR = LFR (no name change)
    Flex = Normal Mode (new name)
    Normal = Heroic Mode (new name)
    Heroic = Mythic Mode (new name)

That means that TODAYS Heroic is equal to MoP and previous expansions Normal mode.

Nightholds Normal mode is the same as Siege of Orgrimmars Flex Mode, and Nightholds Heroic Mode is equal to old normal mode.

Or at least it should be. But Todays normal feel more like the old normal (which should be todays HC), and it SHOULD be equal to the old Flex.

Meaning it's way to hard. I mean, compare SoO Flex and NH Normal, they should be equally hard but they are not.

Deleted
    i disagree, normal was piss especially elisande and guldan