Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry How is this not asking for a lawsuit?

Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I mean there's no mobile app like this for WoW and I doubt anybody working at blizzard wants to sit there and fund money into making a phone app.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Teebik Inc, Registrant city - Shanghai.

I'm going to guess that has something to do with it.

Why Google allows it is another question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I take it they extract the money they can get and vanish into a new company to make the next rip off app.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    I take it they extract the money they can get and vanish into a new company to make the next rip off app.
    http://v2.teebik.com/

They are just Chinese so they don't give a fuck about copyright.

Do Blizzard own orcs and elves?

Deleted
    Downloading now! Thanks op!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzael View Post
    Do Blizzard own orcs and elves?
    C'mon, those are pretty blatantly ripped off of Blizzard's unique character deisgns. I mean, that one screenshot has friggin' Ragnaros in it. Another is Illidan. 's blatant.

Deleted
    LOL the login screen has a copy of Onyxia (just like her!) and a female char wearing the warr's tier 3 XD hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    C'mon, those are pretty blatantly ripped off of Blizzard's unique character deisgns. I mean, that one screenshot has friggin' Ragnaros in it. Another is Illidan. 's blatant.
    They're incredibly similar, and yes, obviously intentionally so, but they're still different characters. That's not Illidan or Ragnaros. Calling every fire elemental Ragnaros or every blind elf Illidan is racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're incredibly similar, and yes, obviously intentionally so, but they're still different characters. That's not Illidan or Ragnaros. Calling every fire elemental Ragnaros or every blind elf Illidan is racist.
    You don't seem to understand what artistic copyright laws protect.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speciesist, and no one is saying they're being presented as the actual characters, it's being pointed out that the design for these 'different characters' is totally ripped off.

If I post a picture of Illidan, color shift his tattoos slightly and called him 'Billidan,' I haven't made a hot new character, I've ripped off an existing one and tried to pass it off as my own design work. It's a blatant effort to attract business based on someone else's established character - not cool. Certainly can't be hand waved away by saying 'Not every night elf demon hunter with wings and tattoos and a blindfold is Illidan, Billidan is unique, Blizzard didn't invent blindfolded tattooed night elf demon hunters with wings!" They actually really did.

Blizzard could probably make a case that their intellectual property is being stolen. Shame really, cuz the art isn't bad, they should try to actually make their own designs rather than trying to ride Blizz's coattails.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah, 30 seconds into the game and it's definitely just a giant clone of everything WoW. Varian is telling me to protect Storm City! Sorry, King Veeran!
    Haha i know right?! Hilarious!

Deleted
    The Scots ripped off whiskey from the Irish 500 years ago, Im still mad about it.

Deleted
    It actually says: Stormwind city : Elwyin Forest. XD

When you use your main ability (as paladin at least) jaina pops up and says LITERALLY: "Hey bro, how come you are so weak?" and gives you a shield XD

Nothing stopping Blizzard from sending Google a DMCA to get that app removed from the Play store.

15+ Year Old Account
    China dosnt give A FUCK about copyrights so long its from an foreign country.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    The Scots ripped off whiskey from the Irish 500 years ago, Im still mad about it.
    and they ripped it off of the welsh. some things grow to be more "mankind" things, rather than one country specifically.

blizzards IP has not reached that stage yet.
    Hi

Deleted
    Zones, mobs, tabards, weapons, champions everything is a copy of WoW. LoL! It's hilarious!