Fellow Resto Druids, help me suck less?

Rerolled from an 870 Resto Shaman 3 weeks ago to a Druid because the guild I joined for Mythic raiding was super heavy on Shaman and had zero Druids. I'm catching up well enough, almost to my first Paragon point and currently sitting at 877. However I used to average parse in the 75th percentile as Shaman and tend to be in the 20s/30s as Druid. I'm posting our Heroic Nighthold log below (normal was just a /faceroll) we're currently running 5/20 healers and they're all 15+ iLevels higher than I am which could be part of the issue? I have some mana issues, which have gotten better since I started innervating on my 2nd effloressence/wildgrowth and have it up twice per fight. I also specced out of Flourish and into Clarity just to force myself to have better Lifebloom uptime and use Regrowth more often and not just Rejuvenation spam. I also noticed that my CPM are much higher than when I was Shaman and I can't tell if that's just play style? Or if I'm just playing Druid like a crackhead? Mechanically I'm enjoying the class a lot more (Shaman feels painful now) but for whatever reason I just don't feel like I'm that good at it. Any insight as to what I should be doing differently? Be brutally honest, thanks!

Edit: Can't post links yet; Passive Aggression on Tichondrius last night (1/19) was Heroic Nighthold.

First of all, you shouldn't under any circumstance go clarity over flourish. Flourish pairs really nice with the artifact and should be used in, if not all, almost all raid encounters. Rejuv spam is often what you have to do as a driud. Well the amount of healers isn't really an issue although you are slightly over-healing as 20 people should only need 4

If you have strong healers it might be difficult to score high because resto druids are pretty bad at sniping.
    Looking at the log from last Spellblade try there are some things that come to mind:
    -bad lifebloom uptime
    -very few uses of cenarion ward and swiftmend
    -artifact ability only used once
    -flourish never used

Just gave it a quick glance though.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-01-20 at 08:18 PM.

Hey,

First of all, you are partly correct, you have to many healers in your raid (which can be seen at your Cultivation-healing and uptime). You only have one legendary and you didn't make good use of it which of course lowers your HPS, so far for the good news.

I have looked at the 3 actual boss kills you did heal and you have a lot of different mistakes, the most important, which needs to be fixed first: You don't make use of all your GCDs, you have very large gaps, sometimes over 10sec where you did NOTHING in the fight.

The next thing is your WG healing and uptime, you should definitly work on that front too, especially in high dps phases of the fight you should prepare the raid with as many rejus as possible to procc cultivation on everyone and top that off with a WG -> Flourish -> Ghanir (oh yeah, take flourish its insane). WG can procc dreamwalker which is free-hps on all the reju targets.
    Lastly you should use less RG since its so expensive and drains your mana very fast, use your LB and CW more instead, if you want to be super good you should time your flourish that every 2nd CW gets buffed for maximum value.
    As for mana management, you didn't use your innervate enough. On a 6min+ encounter you can use innervate 3 times, you used it once on trilliax. I use my Innverate right after pull and on CD afterwards and you should make use of a leytorrent potion.

Feel free to PM me if you have more detailed questions or if you need to help analyzing your logs.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

there's no efficient way to use three innervates on a six minute fight; you should try to innervate when you hit 90-88% mana to maximize regen time and then on CD thereafter, assuming you are actively casting at the time (that said, you can easily use it twice on most of the fights you're doing.)

realistically you should barely use regrowth at all; it's not an efficient use of mana or even really of cast time, aside from as an extra hot stack on tanks. Focus on using WG, efflo and tranquility efficiently, then fill with rejuvs as permitted by your mana. Have an idea of what are good times in the fight to use flourish and essence, and plan to be able to use WG/CW/rejuv-spam before and during those periods.

in general though you aren't gonna be able to out-snipe other healers in a raid you're over-healing, especially when they outgear you by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    there's no efficient way to use three innervates on a six minute fight
    That's why I said 6min+(PLUS!) fight, you can use it about 10-15sec after pull that's usually when I hit ~85% mana and since I'm prehotting the entire raid at that point I'm using the full 10sec. You should make it a habit to do so, that way you will never forget to use your innervate early. Afterwards I usually try to remember a certain part of the fight where my innervate gets back of CD so I can use it right away (e.g. on Cenarius we move the boss from one corner to another around the 3min mark, so I remember to look for my innervate everytime we move the boss).

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

Maybe I'm reading into this too much, but I don't understand why you would use innervate to cast Rejuv .. to maximize the use of Innervate you want to cast your most expensive spells during it's duration. Wild Growth costs 3.4 times as much as a single Rejuv, Efflo is 2.1 times more expensive, LB is 1.2 times more expensive. Of the 6-7 GCDs available to you during Innervate, those three spells should definitely be part of it.

Pre-hotting people who may not take damage .. odd thing to do. Only time I do this is on Cenarius, but that's because I know they will take damage.

I can't imagine being at 85% mana 15 seconds (10 GCDs) into a fight, I'm still casting wrath at that point.