Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mages paragon is subpar vs other dps specs.

Thread about it on main forums, post in it and lets get this fixed asap!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753075210

Every DPS spec except for Mages and Spriest all have the same paragon +x% to all damage done. However Mages and Spriest have +X% done to Arcane/Frost/Fire/Shadow based on their spec.

The problem is, that all specs except for Mages/Spriest whos paragons effects all damage can boost the damage from their Trinkets, Satyr neck enchant, potion of deadly grace, etc. But for mages/spriest unless that proc does the damage their spec does it doesn't scale at all, and at 20/20 that is a 14.5% boost.

For example, the new legendary trinket that all DPS can get does fire damage. So all specs except Arcane/Frost Mage and Spriest who has their paragons get the damage done by that trinket increased by x%.

Can Mages/Spriest get their paragons changed to all damage like all the other dps instead of it being tied to a certain school of magic.

D3 team influence. This reminds me of hunting for "black damage" weapons in Vanilla D3 because of how weapon damage element was factored in.

Deleted
    So now i understand why my satyr neck enchant and deadly grace pot does a ton less dmg than the boomkins, warlocks and ele chaman in my raid. Srsly what is whit this BS against mages from blizz

o wow did not know that, now i know why some players trinkets/effects does more then mine.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

This is imho no issue to get worked up about and feel victimized. The underlying thing is that you want parity among the dps specs - understandable. I am pretty sure a certain balance among the specs is the aim. If you lose dps here that is something that can and is being tuned around giving you something else in return to make up for it. You wouldn't complain about how high a chaos bolt hits and compare it to an arcane blast either to judge the two specs on their own. You want to see the bigger picture.
    Also I think satyr does damage proportional to your spellpower or attackpower* so some of your mates might just have more or less inherent or gear dependant spellpower for example.
    I believe the legendary trinket's damage gets increased by very very few things if any anymore.

(*see January 10th patch notes: "Mark of the Hidden Satyr damage is now 200% spell power or 250% attack power, whichever is higher".)
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-01-27 at 06:00 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's kind of asking for a Nerf though. since if they made it All dmg instead of elemental damage, your Trinkets, enchants and such would suddenly start doing 14.5% more damage, meaning Blizzard would nerf the specs overall to bring them back down to other classes levels with all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I mean, it's kind of asking for a Nerf though. since if they made it All dmg instead of elemental damage, your Trinkets, enchants and such would suddenly start doing 14.5% more damage, meaning Blizzard would nerf the specs overall to bring them back down to other classes levels with all.
    >your Trinkets, enchants and such would suddenly start doing 14.5% more damage

For who, exactly? Certainly not Fire mages. Shadow Priests and Frost Mages would probably benefit the most from a change like this, as very few worthwhile caster damage procs are Shadow or Frost.

Hidden Satyr already deals Fire damage. Most worthwhile damage proc trinkets do Fire damage. Deadly Grace deals Arcane damage.

It really should be changed. Still haven't figured out why Blizzard did this to just those 4 specs. Then again who can explain half of the decisions Blizzard has made over the years.

Deleted
    Just another "oversight" on blizzards part, and its not like mages are shining, specially frost seems very underwhelming.

Mages are already utterly shit this patch. Literally the worst class since we have no well-performing spec.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Mages are already utterly shit this patch. Literally the worst class since we have no well-performing spec.
    Is this one of those "I've played all 3 specs and suck at them, so the class must be bad not me" type of posts?

Is this one of those "I've played all 3 specs and suck at them, so the class must be bad not me" type of posts?
    Is this one of those "logs and data aren't real, so my feelings are more important than facts" type of posts?

Source

No. This is based on evidence, something you obviously have trouble following. The picture Mush linked also includes Skorpyron where fire mage DPS is extremely inflated (since high damage on small adds is just padding) meaning the real tendence is even lower. The only fight this entire tier where we have something to bring is Tichondrius.

The picture you linked - to me - just shows balance is very close if you want to analyze it without going into details (like what damage is important). I am not sure this picture is a good one to link to support a case where mages are portrayed as bad in general, but maybe you were trying to say the opposite. There have been times this expansion where there have been far greater discrepancies between classes and bigger outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidgear View Post
    So now i understand why my satyr neck enchant and deadly grace pot does a ton less dmg than the boomkins, warlocks and ele chaman in my raid. Srsly what is whit this BS against mages from blizz
    What? the one time in the history of the game that mages get the short end of the stick and you fell like its a trend? pls see yourself out.

Deleted
    This thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    This thread:
    So you agree that all 3 mage specs are at the bottom? Okay thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    This thread:
    Yeah, in a casual guild it doesn't matter. In mythic guilds, it does matter.

Wow, that explains pretty much and should be adressed soon.

It will get fixed eventually if you complain to blizzard like hunters. The beast mastery paragon used to be just pet dmg and then in 7.1.5 it got buffed to all dmg you, your pet, and hati do.