Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    We aren't tight anymore, we haven't been since the Republicans decided to block everything Obama wanted to do. They refuse to get along, why the fuck should the left be forced to bend over backwards to please people that only care about themselves?

I'm just done with the whole thing, the liberals aren't going to suffer in any way. We're the ones with the education, the good jobs, the healthcare, we're going to be just fine. The conservatives have Jesus so I guess they're okay too, maybe, they can just pray away their illnesses.
    Mmm no. Let's be real here. The gap started when Bush was still in office. You can't blame everything on those darn republicans who stopped Obama. You keep thinking though that liberals will be fine. As if all the liberals live in California and New York. There's many many liberal states with republican governors. And states like Florida which I live in. It's a straight up purple state.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmYourself View Post
    The free market best decides. Government intervention is why healthcare costs are so high and of course the ridiculous amounts of regulations.

Either way I'm glad it's gone.

- - - Updated - - -

No you're not.

Republicans pay the taxes. The 47% of non tax payers are mostly Dems. The exit polls showed the lowest earners voted for the Dems and the most educated whites voted for trump.
    I'm totally sure you can backup your claims of Free Market knows best (when history has shown otherwise), and your claim about how it's the Republicans who pay the taxes when Blue States contribute more to the federal government in taxes than red states. Please cite some reputable sources if you would.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

No you're not.

Republicans pay the taxes. The 47% of non tax payers are mostly Dems. The exit polls showed the lowest earners voted for the Dems and the most educated whites voted for trump.
    lol

Blue states tend to pay more in federal taxes than they receive in funding while red states take more than they give.

No you're not.

Except the states with the highest education and college rates are all blue states, but hey continue listening to Fox News, maybe some day they'll be accurate. Republican states have by far more people on welfare and Obamacare than states run by Democrats, but please tell me how they're the ones paying taxes LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    Mmm no. Let's be real here. The gap started when Bush was still in office. You can't blame everything on those darn republicans who stopped Obama. You keep thinking though that liberals will be fine. As if all the liberals live in California and New York. There's many many liberal states with republican governors. And states like Florida which I live in. It's a straight up purple state.
    I don't really care though, that's the thing. I live in MA, we'll be just fine here. As will California, New York, and the other heavy blue states. The red states can suffer, they voted for this let them deal with the consequences. The states that could have swung one way or the other are similar too, people didn't want to vote, let them deal with whatever happens.

The only way the country will improve is when the Republican states realize that their plans fail terribly, and that will only happen when they see their own states start falling apart. Then, with any luck, they'll actually do research into things and see why all the Republican plans are fucking terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    good get rid of most of that crap obamacare was made of.
    Indeed - lets abandon the right to life, it was a stupid idea anyway.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed - lets abandon the right to life, it was a stupid idea anyway.
    It's not the right to bear arms so conservatives don't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    obamacare needs to stay, but I absolutely hate how weak of a system
    The issue is that a core component was removed due to congressional interference.

A dual private/public system works fine - and would save the US over $1 trillion a year in health care costs.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I have healthcare, I always have. I don't want to spend a dime on leeches and parasites. I *clap* don't *clap* care *clap*.
    You are as your healthcare rises in cost when the people without it don't pay their bills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    obamacare needs to stay, but I absolutely hate how weak of a system it was from a democratic president with a majority. The fact that a democratic majority couldn't push for single payer is a massive endictment on how bad the current political system is for the US, rife with corruption.
    You need a super-majority to push things through without any opposition, and something the size of Obamacare could essentially be mired perpetually. There are simply too many cogs involved in the political process to have it otherwise. This is less a problem of corruption, and more that the way the process has worked makes it so it isn't as simple as having one more person gives you everything you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I have healthcare, I always have. I don't want to spend a dime on leeches and parasites. I *clap* don't *clap* care *clap*.
    A hundred dollars a year for decades for a simple blood pressure medication is less expensive than a single hemorrhagic stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercincor View Post
    Unless of course in the future you contract cancer or are involved in a serious accident that leaves you with a major impairment, giving your insurance company a reason to drop your cover.
    We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    A hundred dollars a year for decades for a simple blood pressure medication is less expensive than a single hemorrhagic stroke.
    Yes, someone practical needs to make practical decisions about these things.

Trump says he has a plan to get insurance or soemthing like insurance in the hands of everyone. Trump is from New York a very left wing place, he was born and raised there. Maybe he'll surprise us?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Trump says he has a plan to get insurance or soemthing like insurance in the hands of everyone. Trump is from New York a very left wing place. Maybe he'll surprise us?
    Why hasn't he shown this plan then? He says he has plans for lots of things and then just never elaborates on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor people voted to get rid of their own healthcare.

Good job!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Trump says he has a plan to get insurance or soemthing like insurance in the hands of everyone. Trump is from New York a very left wing place, he was born and raised there. Maybe he'll surprise us?
    The only thing he's suggested at this point is dissolving state barriers so that the free market operates on a national level instead of being segmented into separate states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, beating the left wasn't enough, I want them to suffer.

Want healthcare, get a job. Healthcare is not a right. Go back to the way it was, the system was fine. Why should 300 million people pay for the healthcare of a couple million leeches and parasites.
    Yes becuase someone should just die because they were born into a family that's too poor to pay for health care and be happy about it. You're an ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly healthcare should be free. Make it illegal to charge for any health care and and use money from taxes to pay doctors and make them all government workers.

Good, beating the left wasn't enough, I want them to suffer.

Want healthcare, get a job. Healthcare is not a right. Go back to the way it was, the system was fine. Why should 300 million people pay for the healthcare of a couple million leeches and parasites.
    You are the cliche republican kind of guy that no one can even take seriously. ArmYourself? How about educate yourself first?

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The only thing he's suggested at this point is dissolving state barriers so that the free market operates on a national level instead of being segmented into separate states.
    If they want to go free market route they need to open it up to the world market, just doing other states won't fix it. US healthcare prices are insanely high compared to other nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Honestly healthcare should be free. Make it illegal to charge for any health care and and use money from taxes to pay doctors and make them all government workers.
    Baby steps. Fix the costs first so we don't nosedive deeper in debt. Afterwards single-payer/universal healthcare starts to look more realistic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    You are the cliche republican kind of guy that no one can even take seriously. ArmYourself? How about educate yourself first?
    Just look at his/her post count.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Baby steps. Fix the costs first so we don't nosedive deeper in debt. Afterwards single-payer/universal healthcare starts to look more realistic.
    Good luck reducing healthcare costs when certain members of congress made it abundantly clear they're in the pockets of big pharma recently.