Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    If you're American I might justify your lack of knowledge about modern history

Both Ming and Qing Empires in China basically ended that way by internal strife and external pressure, Aztecs and Mayans, the Roman Empire as well had to cave in.
    Those empires collapsed because in each case, they were pretty much getting robbed blind and were too weak militarily to do anything about it. The problem was that their economies were TOO productive, leading to covetous foreigners wanting to come in and loot everything. Not quite the same thing as having a stagnant economy that forces you to import everything, which is what creates trade deficits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Those empires collapsed because in each case, they were pretty much getting robbed blind and were too weak militarily to do anything about it. The problem was that their economies were TOO productive, leading to covetous foreigners wanting to come in and loot everything. Not quite the same thing as having a stagnant economy that forces you to import everything, which is what creates trade deficits.
    I disagree sir. Mayans and the Aztecs, whatever...their "empires" were destroyed by a company of Spaniards. I don't know enough about the Chinese empires to comment. But there are plenty of Western empires we are all familiar with. They all became week, internally, and no longer had the will to defend their holdings. There was wealth in Rome as she was sacked, but the economy was not healthy at this point. They found a ship in the Med from the Roman era, maybe 10 years ago. They could quickly identify how old it was from the cargo. As it turned out, Rome became an importer, and stopped making things. The could tell from the fact it had goods on it, it was sailing to Rome, and not from it. Now, Rome still had an Empire, the Coliseum, and could still hand out bread, but their will was gone. I wish I could find that story
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Kellyanne is presenting Trump's "millions of people attended" as, and I quote, 'alternative facts'.

What the fuck is an alternative fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I like how Kellyanne is presenting Trump's "millions of people attended" as, and I quote, 'alternative facts'.

What the fuck is an alternative fact.
    Bullshit would be my guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    A more favorable lie, naturally.

Man, we really are living in a post-truth era.
    Orwell must be rolling in his grave. Fucking hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Man, maybe we should like... do something about it instead of sitting here on the internet laughing about it.

But no, I'm sure it will be fine without us.
    Hey, I live in bummfuck Texas, I'm not really sure what you want me to do.

Deleted
    Wow this thread really really turned toxic and unpleasant

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What, more than usual?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The only stain that will be on the US was to let the failed hyprocrite obama rule for 8 years.

8 years in which he turned the country from a forward looking superpower to a fractured and angry weak country.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

The only stain will come from Barack Hussein Obama's failed and disastrous presidency.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    How about Democrats stop being racist bigoted people and they will probably do better. Maybe engage in discussion. Probably the biggest tip they could have. Aww, who am I kidding. Just mentioning they have a problem makes me the bad guy and them still right.

[Infracted]
    Lol Endus infracted this as trolling because apparently pointing out the faults of a group of people and what they can do to be better is trolling. How this guy even gets out of bed in the morning without hurting himself is beyond me... Well, maybe he does hurt himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Like America right now, Trump voters have turned into fanatic zealots, and even those against Trump are protesting in violence...

I love you America but you guys try and be human about this... All this talk of "the left is this" and "the right is this". How about we just stop with the frikkin labels and come together to discuss and not insult.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by flexilexi View Post
    The only stain will come from Barack Hussein Obama's failed and disastrous presidency.
    World wasn't laughing at you back then, is now...

It's gonna be fine, don't you worry!

We germans have experience with this type of leader, and we are more than happy that the shame finally moves on.
    I can't wait! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    I disagree sir. Mayans and the Aztecs, whatever...their "empires" were destroyed by a company of Spaniards. I don't know enough about the Chinese empires to comment. But there are plenty of Western empires we are all familiar with. They all became week, internally, and no longer had the will to defend their holdings. There was wealth in Rome as she was sacked, but the economy was not healthy at this point. They found a ship in the Med from the Roman era, maybe 10 years ago. They could quickly identify how old it was from the cargo. As it turned out, Rome became an importer, and stopped making things. The could tell from the fact it had goods on it, it was sailing to Rome, and not from it. Now, Rome still had an Empire, the Coliseum, and could still hand out bread, but their will was gone. I wish I could find that story
    The Spanish didn't destroy the Mayan empire. It had already fallen by the time they arrived. What they found were the remnants of a once-glorious civilization, but archaeologists debate what led to the Mayan empire's demise to this day. The one thing they do agree on? It wasn't the Spanish. They were too late to destroy it.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And you think this guy is going to keep work in the US?
    That hat is a knock-off MAGA hat. The official MAGA hats don't have the words printed on, they're embossed on.

10+ Year Old Account
    To help end the "Argument" over the crowd size, I have a friend that was actually doing security work for the inauguration, and did so for Obama as well. The crowd really was that small according to him. Obama's was much much bigger.
    Last edited by Time Sage; 2017-01-22 at 08:45 PM.

Ofc this will be a taint on American history... and i fear that this taint will plague the rest of the world aswel.
    Last edited by TwistedSkull; 2017-01-23 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only stain in American history is the current leftist generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    The memes will prevent any stain, and if George Bush Jr wasn't a stain then I don't think Trump will be either.
    Bush Jr. is a stain. The staining process is still on going and it's bleeding into Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    The memes will prevent any stain, and if George Bush Jr wasn't a stain then I don't think Trump will be either.
    You're comparing a small red wine spill to something like the mess on a kill floor in a slaughterhouse.

George W Bush was a terrible President, but it was because he was inept, not vicious.