Legendaires - what to upgrade first?

So far I'd say I haven't had the greatest of luck in terms of legendary drops. Currently have the Necrofantasia ring, Prydaz and Cloak. Got the Prydaz around 3 hours before the patch dropped that would have made it auto 940 so double FML there.

While the ERW ring is decent in extending BoS uptime, I find it of most use on that initial on pull BoS.
    While the ERW ring is decent in that it's useful for extending the duration of BoS (particular the first BoS in a fight) by maybe 20 seconds, I don't find it game breaking for a BoS build and without numbers to support it, I'd probably be putting it around 4th-5th on the list of frost legendaries. Currently leaning toward upgrading Prydaz first (never thought I'd say that) purely due to the secondary stat gain. Haven't had much luck finding a bis lego list backed up by numbers so I'm really just guessing at this point.

So, ring, cloak or neck, what should I upgrade first?

jesus christ just upgrade one of the two you normally wear

Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post
    jesus christ just upgrade one of the two you normally wear
    Stellar advice. So which two are the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    I do not mean to sound rude, forgive me if it comes off that way, but.....

Do you want us to play the game for you too?

Sim both items, chose the two that sim best. All legendaries from now on drop at 940 so you only have to do this quest a couple times and it can literally be done once a week if you do all the things that drop essences.

You get 2 to 3 essence from each cache. So that means without going into Nighthold it should take you roughly 20 days to upgrade one. No idea the drop rate from bosses but do note LFR's first wing opens up next week too.

So basically if you're a casual player you're looking at roughly 2 to 2.5 weeks to upgrade your first legendary.

If you are a normal or heavier raider it will probably take you closer to a week with full clears assuming each boss drops 2-3 essence.

If the essence aren't tied to a boss lockout and you can clear normal and heroic then you're looking at an upgrade in 1 day with full clears.

Basically what I'm saying is if you're a hard core raider you'll have upgraded two legendaries by the time you start mythic clearing - provided that the essence drop on a raid lockout as opposed to a boss lockout. If you're not, then I wouldn't worry about it, you'll have both upgraded by this time in February if you are completing your emissary quests and doing at least one mythic+ keystone.

So upgrade whichever one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    If Strength is your first priority stat, upgrade the one that thas higher strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Backlashe View Post
    Sim both items, chose the two that sim best. All legendaries from now on drop at 940 so you only have to do this quest a couple times and it can literally be done once a week if you do all the things that drop essences.
    This is the problem I guess. From what I understood, the sims aren't that reliable when it comes to BoS. For example playing around with sims last night, all combinations were extremly close to the point of a couple k dps. The fact that a combo of 2 utility legendaries were on par with the ring + whatever seemed a bit odd to me, which is why I'm asking here. It's made me question the value of the ring a bit tbh. If the effect of the ring vs the secondary stats on the other items works out to be with 1% of one another single target wise, it's probably going to drop off on aoe.

I get that it may only take a week or two to upgrade 1 item, but if there's one item that's clearly the worst I'd rather upgrade that one last.

Ignore it anyway, clearly was a stupid question.

Deleted
    Well obviously the ring (which seems excellent for bos) first and then you hope for a better 2nd legendary or upgrade your neck because the cloak is total shittier imho.

I'd say upgrade the Necrofantasia ring and then Prydaz.
    Since you probably won't be getting a new legendary for a while now, upgrade Prydaz first.

The AMS cloak isn't really good, prydaz will provide you with a good chunk of crit/haste/mastery which are all good stats for BoS and has way better defensive capabilities than the cloak. This also depends on what you can replace your legendary items with, but I'd say Necrofantasia / Prydaz is a pretty good guess.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2017-01-22 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    You can make 51 in a week without stepping once in nighthold
    15 weekly chest // 3x7 emissary chest // 5x3 from pvp
    So thats no biggie, even for mythic progress , if you are hardcore, you'll have both upgraded wednesday if you clear NH twice this week

Edit : btw you can see on wowhead what stats a 940 version provide you, so in this case you are just asking people to make the work for you basically, we cant tell you which stats are best for you to get first since we dont have your sim profile
    Last edited by mmoc48da16d7d1; 2017-01-20 at 06:31 PM.

Ring & Cloak.

Cloak has strength on it which is your most valuable stat.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I'd say upgrade the Necrofantasia ring and then Prydaz. The AMS cloak isn't really good, prydaz will provide you with a good chunk of crit/haste/mastery which are all good stats for BoS and has way better defensive capabilities than the cloak. This also depends on what you can replace your legendary items with, but I'd say Necrofantasia / Prydaz is a pretty good guess.
    Why would you upgrade the ring before Prydaz? Prydaz is overbudgeted for its ilevel and has much more stats than the ring does.

Deleted
    I'll either go Instructors > Uvanimor > Draugr or Uvanimor > Instructors > Draugr

Upgrade prydaz, you just got a legendary so you probably won't get another one for a while.

Prydaz has more stats than the ring, the ring effect isn't upgraded, prydaz upgraded for me is a 48% upgrade over an 895 neck, I imagine it will be very big for you.
    The cloak is only good for tanking in necrotic week. Don't bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Why would you upgrade the ring before Prydaz? Prydaz is overbudgeted for its ilevel and has much more stats than the ring does.
    You're right about that, what I meant was if a new (better) legendary drops for him he would replace Prydaz so his Necrofantasia ring will already be 940. But just noticed that Prydaz dropped pretty recently for the OP so I guess he won't get another one for some time so yeah he should upgrade Prydaz.

Just upgraded Prydaz myself, pretty good chunk of stats, 1495 Crit/Haste/Mastery rating is pretty nice.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2017-01-22 at 11:55 AM.