Deleted

Affliction: Aoe fights: haste/crit - Single target: Mastery? -what should i aim for

Hi, i recently also had to swap to affliction because destruction is just not playable anymore for me atleast. Raiding in a mythic guild with DH,warriors,mages hunter with insane bursst dmg i cant bear playing destro anymore.

So i banked few millions AP and waited for 7.1.5.

Now my question is :

AOE fight: soft cap mastery?
    where should my crit/haste lvls be at -

ST: soft cap mastery?
    where should my crit/haste lvls be at

and last but not least.. trinkets..atm using 2x intellect (CHrono shard + trinket from 2nd boss NH (int+haste effect)
    also have a naraxis spiked tongue which gives about 1000mastery.

Stat sticks like helyas trinket is the way too go right?

Thanks for helping out

Greetings Soul

What I'm doing is I aim for mastery, and try to make crit and haste equal, I find it difficult to have multiple items at the same ilvl where you can switch for stats.

My stats looks like this : 127% mastery,17% haste, 24% crit, I favor crit here its because I have x2 relics on Perdition.

Even tho Im using Chrono shard 890 with a socket I still prefer stats stick trinkets, Hopefuly I will get one soon.

I don't claim that this is the best but it has worked for me.

I hope this helps you!
    Edit Signature.

I'm in the same situation, I started out by swapping out any banked gear that would push my mastery up, changed from a destro : 29% haste 22% crit 69% mastery to 20% haste 14% crit 109% mastery. The new raid is causing me to waste points into versitility due to the tier gear stupid ass secondary stats, but mostly on any non tier piece, you want either master and haste or crit..go for Ilvl upgrades based on those two and you should be okay as long as mastery remains on as much gear as you have control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywinn View Post
    Hi, i recently also had to swap to affliction because destruction is just not playable anymore for me atleast. Raiding in a mythic guild with DH,warriors,mages hunter with insane bursst dmg i cant bear playing destro anymore.

Now my question is :

and last but not least.. trinkets..atm using 2x intellect (CHrono shard + trinket from 2nd boss NH (int+haste effect)

Thanks for helping out

Greetings Soul
    100% mastery with more crit for Mythic + Sow Seeds build.
    130% mastery with an even split haste/crit for ST raiding.

All general guidelines. Sim everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywinn View Post

Now my question is :

Thanks for helping out

Greetings Soul
    Atm Destruction can burst even more than mages, warriors, hunters and so on.

With the recent change to Sow the Seeds I don't really think it's worth gearing differently for it's usage. If you have some interchangable pieces that are haste/crit with ones that have mastery, It's not a bad idea to swap for dungeons (especially if you have macro'd gear swaps which I'm too lazy to do), but I don't think you'll get as much from it as you think.

In 7.1 my aoe on trash was a lot higher even though my gear was worse, and my boss damage a lot lower. I would frequently end dungeons with around 30% seed damage, and sometimes a combined 50% with seed and soul flame, in Eye for example, but with MG and how much stronger UA is getting, even on dungeons like BRH where I use a lot of seed and soul flame damage, UA is still always my number 1 damage dealer.

Deleted
    yeah sitting at 113% mastry 15 haste 23 crit atm and its pretty sweet.

Mastery makes your dots hit harder, but doesn't effect soul flame or seed.
    Haste makes your dots hit harder, and generates more shards for seed, but doesn't effect soul flame.
    Crit makes everything hit harder.

So for boss fights, where your damage is mostly dots, mastery is the best.
    For 5mans, where your damage has a lot more seed and soulflame, crit and haste are valuable.