Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    If those are indeed the facts, I would agree. Who the hell buys\expects a boost from trade pugs?
    i bought cm boost both in mop and wod via trade - people told me in /w who to contact for proffesional boosts. but those were people who succesfully boosted hundreds if not thousands of people

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i bought cm boost both in mop and wod via trade - people told me in /w who to contact for proffesional boosts. but those were people who succesfully boosted hundreds if not thousands of people
    I should have worded that better. Sure there are quality carry groups that advertise in trade. I was more referring to who goes to trade chat to recruit individuals for a carry\boost? Maybe on illidan or Stormrage that can workout, but I just can't imagine looking for randoms for a carry group if it was that important.

I'm guessing the fella couldn't afford the high end groups and was bargain hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you pay a taxi driver to drive you to important meeting on time and he arrives late, do you get a refund?

If you go to a doctor, he prescribes you medicine and it doesn't cure you, do you get a refund from the doctor or the pharmacy?

If you hire a private tutor to teach your child and the child fails the exam do you get a refund?
    If the contract states what it is offered is guaranteed, failure to do would consider a breach of contract. So in all you example, if the contract does state what you described, then you are in position to compensation due to failure to deliver the goods as intended.

Which is why many contracts have small prints and people pay lawyers to read them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it was the "buyer" who assembled the group.

Literally the guy posted on trade "Lf people to do [my mythic keystone]. Paying x gold if you tank it, x gold if you heal it, x gold if you dps it. Whisper class and ilvl. Paying before the dungeon." I was kinda interested to do a high key towards my weekly chest so I whispered him "are you serious about that?" and he said "yea why would I lie?" so I told him "I can offer you a tank 890 ilvl". He invites me, I'm the last person to join the group, have no idea what criteria he used to pick the other 3 people, all I see healer and 1 dps are from the same guild and last dps is cross realm.

The dps who wasn't cross realm I didn't know personally but I know he was high on AP farm rank on wowprogress on our server at some point so that kinda made me think he's experienced and the group will be of decent quality.

How can I tell you what criteria the "buyer" used to hire the people when I wasn't the one to assemble the group and I literally do not know? He might have just used ilvl as the criteria since that was the only thing he asked up front.

Tbh if we actually killed the last boss and secured a weekly chest I would be more inclined to return him the gold, but after an argument that ensued and the pug dps left I wasted my time, repairs, pots, flask for basically nothing and the guy was also nasty in the end.

Does it sound silly to offer gold for pugs? Probably, but it's not the first time people offer gold for weird stuff. A guy once paid me to log my dwarf female alt so he can put bunny ears on it and get the achievement. A guy once paid me to throw bottles at him in brawler's guild so he can get another achievement. Some other guy paid me few thousand gold for a small amount of draenic dust (defo not worth that much) after I invited him to my garrison so he can put illusion on his weapon in WOD and he "forgot the dust". Another one paid to "whoever guesses what number he has in mind" while camping Huolon and apparently I was the one who guessed.

I stopped asking myself long ago "why would anyone pay for THAT and why THIS much?" all I ask myself "can I be arsed for this sum and is the deal made the way the guy can just get away not paying?", for example there were people in the past asking to sign a guild charter or help summon their RAF-er to stonecore and then end up never paying. Obviously when I helped someone that way and he just never paid me I had no way to get him to pay, so had to live with the fact he plainly lied and move on. Sometimes I ended up cheapskated, sometimes I ended with more payment I would consider reasonable. That's kinda what you have to deal with if you pick random offers from trade.

I've seen really weird offers, for example some guy offering 10k gold to "make him a songlist on spotify that he'd like".
    Yeah in my opinion you did what was asked. Not your fault and no need to refund the gold.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's say a player hires you to join a m+ run with him, pays you in in-game gold. Doesn't state any additional requirements than just do the dungeon.

Before the last boss the timer expires and he gets all salty that it was supposed to be in-time (wasn't stated before the run) and demands the group to re-run it. Other people decline and leave before the last boss.

He demands his gold back from you, even though you stayed and offered him either rerun it or half the gold back, he didn't agree on either, wants full sum and starts wishing you to get cancer. You leave and put him on ignore. Is that considered a scam?
    I used to post in trade chat that I was selling 30 day wow time cards for 30k gold. I would say 15k up front and 15k after code. they would oblige 95% of the time. I would then log off with 15k gold and log on an alt. I got one guy twice in a row with 2 different toons lmao. Now that is scamming ( a few years ago before wow token, it was breach of ToS just to buy game time with gold - so i would never get banned). You are so in the clear it is not even funny.

I wish people would pay me gold to fail.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    I used to post in trade chat that I was selling 30 day wow time cards for 30k gold. I would say 15k up front and 15k after code. they would oblige 95% of the time. I would then log off with 15k gold and log on an alt. I got one guy twice in a row with 2 different toons lmao. Now that is scamming ( a few years ago before wow token, it was breach of ToS just to buy game time with gold - so i would never get banned). You are so in the clear it is not even funny.
    The only reason you got away with this is that the idiots you scammed never reported you out of fear that they might have received a ban themselves. Also you got lucky in that the people in trade seemed way too complacent to actually bother reporting you based on your advertisements.

If anyone had actually taken the time to report you, you would have almost certainly received a well deserved permanent ban.

If he gets a really lenient GM, he might succeed in pegging you as a scammer yes. I've seen that happen before.

That being said, being asked to join a group like some sort of bodyguard is different from running your own carry group. Carry groups are expected to run dungeons that are well within their ability to clear on time, but from the way that the original post was worded that did not seem to be a premade carry group, so I can't see anyone being held liable for the outcome of the run.

What level of mythic+ was it?

Deleted
    Let's say a player hires you to join a m+ run with him, pays you in in-game gold. Doesn't state any additional requirements than just do the dungeon.

Before the last boss the timer expires and he gets all salty that it was supposed to be in-time (wasn't stated before the run) and demands the group to re-run it. Other people decline and leave before the last boss.

He demands his gold back from you, even though you stayed and offered him either rerun it or half the gold back, he didn't agree on either, wants full sum and starts wishing you to get cancer. You leave and put him on ignore. Is that considered a scam?
    No, it's not. No real agreement between both of you so no reason to blame for not completing. If you said that you will help him to finish dungeon and you didn't actually manage to do it, it's a different story then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What level of mythic+ was it?
    I answered that before, it was a 12.

Quote Originally Posted by YourExWife View Post
    That being said, being asked to join a group like some sort of bodyguard is different from running your own carry group. Carry groups are expected to run dungeons that are well within their ability to clear on time, but from the way that the original post was worded that did not seem to be a premade carry group, so I can't see anyone being held liable for the outcome of the run.
    No, it wasn't a premade group or a "carry group", I've never played with the other people before and there was no voice comm either, which probably contributed to the fact we didn't finish in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    in my country, charging money for something that is free is considered a scam. (or fraud, to be exactly).
    Noone has control over my time just me. It's not free.

You didn't get mad and leave (allegedly). Seems legit to me. That is the only way I could see it even being twisted into a scam outside of you purposely blowing the timer to troll the situation. But HE left when you were DOING exactly what you (allegedly) said. He tried to alter the deal (allegedly). Not you (allegedly).