PalRet talents per Bosses

Any post where they suggest which talent to use for "X" Boss? I couldnt find what I was looking for so far.

Like on Botanist (HM), I use DS+10% and Greater Judgement + divine hammer. Our tanks cant seem to place properly the boss(es) so that all 3 can be cleaved with zeal continuously, so I use G.judgement because it has a better range, guaranteed crit from pull to the 3rd duplicate and extra cleave once at 3 target. I pulled similar numbers with zeal so far but I can't use it to its full potential.
    Consecration will deal great damage after 50% (3 spawns), but I dont like loosing the burst on the pull and with the movement I dont get full damage when at 2 target, so I'd rather stick with TV at 2 target and switch to DS at 3 targets.

Right now Im struggling on Elisandre (HM, were there, progression-wise). I stick to single target talents at the moment, since its mostly about bursting the add down, but theres cleave involved when they're packed to the boss and Divine Hammer pulls nice number even if theres situationnal cleaving during an encounter. So far I just hate that fight, but do you guys have any advices?

Do you want to cheese your numbers, or kill the boss? On Botanist H, for example, the important bit of the fight is once all three bosses have spawned - your burst on the pull is entirely irrelevant to whether your group gets the kill.

It's basically FoV/TFoJ or Zeal(depending on your gear)/DH on everything.

The only exceptions are BoW on Krosus and BoW on M Botanist.

Conc can be used on Skorp, but FoV is actually more popular(and has better results) in M.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-02-07 at 01:59 AM.

on Mythic your progression is to kill the boss.. so DH in mythic is just for padding = no progression
    stay Single Target don't bother about the Dps meter, if you have 4 piece go Zeal other then that stay with BoW except the first easy boss

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is it always padding? I would expect on several bosses that is is effective dps.
    let's take botanis Mythic for an example: your padding 3 bosses but at the end of the first phase the other 2 bosses will get their HP back to 100%!! so you cleaved for nothing and your numbers are really low on the (skull) boss, plus it will take you time to clear each phase, so BoW and TV are more effective then DH and DS

Only Skorpyron (M) i go DH,
    Chronomaly(M) went BoW + zeal (ended up me and the tank alive only)
    Trilliax (M) BoW+zeal (very effective on add phase)
    Botanis (M) BoW+Zeal (zeal can put large numbers then DH)
    we didn't try Tichon yet but i'm sure i'll go BoW even spellblade or Elisande or Guldan
    well to tell you the truth it's not an option if you go DH or BoW, Raid leaders will tell you to stay Single target only.
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2017-02-07 at 11:28 AM.

I guess you have specific dps who excel at burst AoE to take care of the adds so they prefer the ret to stay on boss and feel the extra cleave is not much needed
    yea if you're doing progression pretty much what you said is true

Sometimes DH is doing more damage for me single target. This may be due to my specific gear or it may be due to the Hammer doing holy damage instead of physical. I cant provide logs comparing my DH damage on Krosus to the BoJ damage on Krosus by our guilds other 2 retribution paladins because the logs are private. However, with no adds my DH did considerable more damage. Somewhere in the ball park of 20 million more. Any thoughts on this one?
    Last edited by Goldenboy1; 2017-02-07 at 12:39 PM.

I am curious, if your group has very tight positioning, can you not use consecration on Aluriel, Tichondrius and Botanist?
    Probably doable, but I think you would need near perfect positioning at all times to get more value from Conc than FoV.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    on Mythic your progression is to kill the boss.. so DH in mythic is just for padding = no progression
    stay Single Target don't bother about the Dps meter, if you have 4 piece go Zeal other then that stay with BoW except the first easy boss
    That's a pretty odd stance.

If you're worried about progression, I wouldn't recommend tunneling the boss. Especially in a raid like NH where add damage is a huge priority on almost every fight with them.

And if you're not tunneling the boss and making full swaps to the adds, you would be better off using DH. The ST loss is still negligible.
    Last edited by dnicks17; 2017-02-07 at 01:58 PM.

And when you get priority adds, you don't cleave them with DH and hope they die, you fully switch to them and perform ST rotation on them so they die quickly. It is a valid point
    It really isn't.

Unless your tanks are terrible and aren't stacking the boss correctly, DH will be significantly ahead in that scenario.

top 100 guild progresser here:

On mythic, you go dh + consecration most certainly on skorp and spellblade (adds need to die quickly). we haven't reached gul'dan, and whether or not you go consecration will depend heavily on how hard the last secret phase is (or if it has adds and stuff). consecration is certainly a MAJOR boon for phase 1 and 2. divine hammer is unquestionably a pick here, too.

You go DH but no consecration (meaning final verdict) on Elisande, Tichondrius (w/ 2 steed charges you cleave adds down quickly and charge back, huge time save for everyone), and possibly chronomatic anomaly if your guild has trouble killing the 4 lil elementals quickly (it doesn't really matter here, the boss is just a small HPS / DPS race. if your guild has the numbers he's a free kill anyways, just like skorp).

single target specs on the rest.

personally I never pick ES, btw. it sims low enough above final verdict (without cloak) that any kind of mistake in its application will immediately be a net loss compared to final verdict. that means: not using it immediately on cooldown (because your lag fucks you, or because encounter mechanics prohibit it), not having judgement up when it lands, ever, out of the dozens of times you use it in a fight, etc.