Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayon View Post
    Regardless of the crowd size, people who are reporting on it are definitely trying to undermine it by highlighting a small turn out. As if that's some indication of what his presidency will actually be like.
    So trying to lie about the turnout is even worse, wouldn't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Apparently, someone else was watching Conway speak.

WikiLeaks just tweeted an offer to publish Trump's tax returns as a direct rebuttal to Conway saying they won't be released.
    Wikileaks is fake news!

Deleted
    "I don't think you can prove those numbers one way or another. There's no way to quantify crowd numbers," Conway said.

Regardless of the crowd size, people who are reporting on it are definitely trying to undermine it by highlighting a small turn out. As if that's some indication of what his presidency will actually be like.
    Except the one who's highlighting it is Trump, with his blatant lies and by sending out Spicer to lie for him by proxy and by sending Conway to spin Spicer's lie with a complete misunderstanding of reality. This wouldn't have gone this far if it was just 'oh, look, small turnout for an unpopular candidate, no surprises here,' but Trump can't stop himself from self-aggrandizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Apparently, someone else was watching Conway speak.

WikiLeaks just tweeted an offer to publish Trump's tax returns as a direct rebuttal to Conway saying they won't be released.
    Wikileaks just wants to find whoever can leak it then give their name to Trump, I doubt they are seeking any substantial dirt on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    "I don't think you can prove those numbers one way or another. There's no way to quantify crowd numbers," Conway said.
    Well, then I'm going to say there were 12 people there. Can't prove me wrong because there's no way to quantify crowd numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post

Newt Gingrich said something to that effect. Feelings are as valid as facts, apparently.
    Would be worse if this crap was dubbed over for non English speakers or any way translated you would think that this was a satire piece or a comedy show.

No he was able to talk so much BS without laughing his ass off, which does make it worse in some ways.

Few days ago Putin was talking about how Russia has the best hookers and I first saw that clip on Stephen Colberts (I think) Youtube channel and I thought they ''na can't be true, this must be a satire piece or something'' but worst part was that Putin actually said it.

This shit can't be healthy.

This stuff is starting to get to the levels of 'It was the sun reflecting off of a gas pocket on Jupiter that caused that flash' sorts of reasoning. If the size of the crowd didn't matter much, why are they trying to damned hard to make it seem otherwise. Just drop it and people would move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    This stuff is starting to get to the levels of 'It was the sun reflecting off of a gas pocket on Jupiter that caused that flash' sorts of reasoning.
    We have always been at war with Eastasia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well it was raining at the inauguration, here's George Bush wrestling with his rain poncho.

So rain cuts down on crowd size.
    Kinda looks like the guy behind bush is fondling him...

Note to self: gotta start using this 'alternate facts' idiom.

It probably wouldn't have been a story for any one else who got elected. But in Trump's case, his being a petty insecure man-child who pathologically exaggerates almost everything he says about himself is the story...and I don't see anyone dropping it any time soon.

Trump's press secretary is among the most dishonest human beings on earth, according to Trump.
    4 years. Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Trump's press secretary is among the most dishonest human beings on earth, according to Trump.
    4 years. Good luck everyone!
    But what are the alternative facts on the press secretary?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Then just say that. The weather was bad, most voters in DC and the surrounding areas are Democrats, and the inauguration of the first black president was a historic event.

Don't parade the press secretary in front of reporters on live television to lie to the world.
    They are habitual liars.

Facts have a liberal bias.

Seriously though, Trump should stop making a big deal about his inauguration numbers. Clearly a crowd showed up to support him. He looks like an insecure child when things like this happen, instead he could have looked like a mature badass and said something like, "we had a divisive election and I'm committed to uniting the country during my presidency". Or he could have just not commented at all, or said that he was happy with the inauguration turnout.

He's president now, lower turnout numbers than Obama mean jack squat. Except to apparently Trump. He is seriously is own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Kinda looks like the guy behind bush is fondling him...
    You don't know who that is?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But what are the alternative facts on the press secretary?
    Crab person.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Crab person.
    Oh, crab cakes. It's not cannibalism, it's alternative cuisine.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure looks like less people to me Mr. Press Secretary! Wanna make sure your lies can be backed up better before you tell them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So rain cuts down on crowd size.
    And if you truly care so much about crowd sizes, which I have absolutely no idea why so many people do, that's a perfectly valid explanation.

The lies they told instead are not. No, guys, this wasn't the biggest ever. No, the metra numbers you cited are not only wrong, they're STILL under the amount for Obama. No, you're not using devices you claimed were in use. No, this isn't the first time floor coverings were used to protect the grass. Just saying "period" after a lie doesn't make it a fact, much to Mr. Spicer's chagrin.

The story here really isn't whether or not the crowds were bigger or smaller. Who gives a fuck? The story is this administration's continued disdain for the truth and their complete willingness to say whatever comes to their heads regardless of whether it has any basis in reality. To stand up in front of the nation, declare lies facts, say anybody who tells the truth is lying and will be punished? And to do it on the orders of the president? Wow.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God