Experiences with Demo in higher M+?

I've had a lot of trouble figuring out which I like to play more between demo and destro. Especially when I'm farming M+ dungeons, I would like a solid spec to really be efficient.

The thing is I have two of the best demo legendaries, spite and recurrent, and only the worst destro one, RoF ring. My DPS as demo is usually higher in target dummy situations.

I feel like I'd be better off sticking to demo but I'm clueless about builds and strategies. Can anyone shed some light on how to be effective with the spec in M+?

I haven't touched my demo for a long time but I will give you my thoughts, for low mythic plus I prefer to run Imploison, Darkglare.
    and for the higher mythics I prefer Impending doom, Darkglare if fortified or Demon bolt if Tyranical.

I hope that helps.
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    well if you got the spite you've got the BiS for destro aswell. Plus the RoF in mythic isn't that bad. I run personnaly in destruction in MM+.

I run with backdraft ; Empowered Life Tap ; Shadowfury ; Cataclysm ; Burning Rush ; Grimoire of service ; Channel demonfire.

You've got a nice dps mono and very good trash clear with aoe and cleave.

I run demo for al of my mythic pluses and it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    well if you got the spite you've got the BiS for destro aswell. Plus the RoF in mythic isn't that bad. I run personnaly in destruction in MM+.

I run with backdraft ; Empowered Life Tap ; Shadowfury ; Cataclysm ; Burning Rush ; Grimoire of service ; Channel demonfire.

You've got a nice dps mono and very good trash clear with aoe and cleave.
    Yeah, spite is absolutely insane as destro. I just had a run where I did fairly poorly earlier and I guess it was more user error than anything.

Deleted
    Spite is not demo's BiS. Specially not in mythic+, where the belt and the sephuz are way better.
    Anyways, go impending doom + synergy + dankglare, always finish each combat with 5 shards. Hand of guldan + dankglare, if 4 or less, use your single target rotation but with demonwrath as builder.
    +
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2017-02-18 at 09:48 AM.

Completed a +20 dht as demo using impending doom, service and demonbolt. Was competitive damage from beginning to end and finished with 4 mins on timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    Completed a +20 dht as demo using impending doom, service and demonbolt. Was competitive damage from beginning to end and finished with 4 mins on timer.
    What do you do on trash ? HoG then do Demon wrath (4shards) HoG again ?
    Edit Signature.

Deleted
    So how high was your "competetive damage" ?
    I did a +15 and a +17 key but i couldnt outdamage my mates (dh,MM hunter)
    Total damage was around 700k and they were about 800k-1m dps total.
    I think its just the lack of AOE demo does, we simly cant keep up. I got kazzaks belt and played with impending doo, service and demonbolt as well. I didnt stand a chance in damage. For ST im perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezghul View Post
    I think its just the lack of AOE demo does, we simly cant keep up. I got kazzaks belt and played with impending doo, service and demonbolt as well. I didnt stand a chance in damage. For ST im perfectly fine.
    Fire mage and ret paladin lol. I was around 1mil for most trash pulls, and 600-800k on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezghul View Post
    Demo isnt that far back in the 15+ keystones. With impending doom and Kazzak belt you can easily net 1mil dps on trash packs.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Playing Demo exclusively in M+, you have great sustained AOE, but do not try to compete with DHs or Hunters when it comes to AOE damage. My total DPS is around 650-700K, and people appreciate that I kill the bosses for them. Single target damage is very good, and someone needs to kill those tyrannical bosses anyway.
    On top of that, Demo warlocks are very tanky and don't die that easily.

1M+ damage is doable, it depends on how long the mobs live. Generally speaking: The more HP the mobs have, the higher demo damage output is – since doom has to tick at least once for your damage to come across. Alternatively you can go implosion, but you will lack ST damage.
    Last edited by Sharybdis; 2017-02-20 at 01:59 PM.

Is demonology truly competitive?
    I am starting to feel that affliction is a bit too "simple" and I'm looking at demo for some challenge and tbh destro is basically a fire-specced mage.
    But I don't want to switch if it means I'm gonna lose dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinecleaver View Post
    Is demonology truly competitive?
    I am starting to feel that affliction is a bit too "simple" and I'm looking at demo for some challenge and tbh destro is basically a fire-specced mage.
    But I don't want to switch if it means I'm gonna lose dps.
    Demonology is up to par with Affliction in terms of damage in almost all of the Nighthold bosses. The only issue is that Demonology has a completely different stat priority (haste is king) than Affliction so if you're geared up already with tons of mastery it might be hard to switch gear. Also Demo is very reliant on well itemized gear + legendaries but if you have those then your DPS is insane. ~35% haste + Shoulder/Belt/Head/Ring legendaries on Demonology is insane.