Thread: 7.2 Class Mount

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with Archimtiros. Blizzard missed a big opportunity with the warrior class mount. When I first heard that we were receiving class mounts, I instantly thought 'Aha! Gotta be a storm drake ', as they are consistent with the overall warrior narrative in Legion and at least somewhat unique. Alas, the derpy prot-drake John Cena'd right over my hopes and dreams in the reveal trailer...

Oh well, at least we aren't Paladins

Seeing ours, and all the other class mounts, i cant really get excited for any of these. I mean shamans get to ride around on the genie from aladdin? meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    And how exactly did you come to that conclusion? This isn't even hyperbole, you're flat out making up "facts" to try to make your case.
    Its "alternative facts"
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    At least it's an improvement over the first version that was shown some weeks ago.

Still it think the mount itself is mediocre at best. The axes look like peon hatches, pretty much scrap metal. The armor looks kinda boring and uninspired. The idea of having a armored, arms carrying protodrake is great but its not executed well enough. I hope they polish this one further.
    Look on the bright side, at least you got a dragon and not another horse like Paladins and Locks did.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least you got a dragon and not another horse like Paladins and Locks did.
    I'd still argue theirs are more thematic. And let's be honest, there are just as many dragon mounts in the game as horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    And how exactly did you come to that conclusion? This isn't even hyperbole, you're flat out making up "facts" to try to make your case.

That wasn't my complaint, but during alpha/beta I did complain that the class hall story was too centered on the Vrykul. However, that time is past, and since they story we do have is centered on Broken Isles Vrykul, it makes little sense to award a mount from said story that has nothing to do with the Broken Isles Vrykul.
    Even more so, AFAIK outside of northrend, there are no protodrakes over Azeroth. The only ones that comep to mind are those captured by the Dragonmaw in SoO.

The Valarjar from Stormheim shouldn't have any clue as to what a Protodrake is nor should we have gotten one. It's the laziest of the lazy mounts added in 7.2 (but hey, that's par for the Warrior class, since we also got the laziest order hall too).

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    Even more so, AFAIK outside of northrend, there are no protodrakes over Azeroth. The only ones that comep to mind are those captured by the Dragonmaw in SoO.

The Valarjar from Stormheim shouldn't have any clue as to what a Protodrake is nor should we have gotten one. It's the laziest of the lazy mounts added in 7.2 (but hey, that's par for the Warrior class, since we also got the laziest order hall too).
    Well it would make sense that they would know of Proto-drakes, at least the ancient Vrykul Odynn has. Remember, they did originate in Northrend before Odynn had his babby tier temper tantrum and separated himself from the others.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg