Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Thug punches woman at feminist rally and feminists defend him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1eb9vQ1vAk

I come from Romania and we don't have much feminism here. But I was grown up with the idea that no matter what you should never hit a woman.

He was at a rally for womens rights on public property. The reporter did have the right to ask him questions and film him and if he did not like it he could of just walked away.

But for some reason, its not the act of him punching her that shocked me the most, its how every one around him was not bothered by it but instead started victim blaming the reporter who got punched saying "She is the problem".

So I guess feminism is about setting women free as long as they have "the right opinions" ?

My question is. Does any one find this in any way acceptable? Could he not just have walked away if he did not like the reporter? And if you think what he did is justified, are there any other cases where hiting a woman is ok?

Did he punch her or the camera? Wasn't clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

she claims she got punched in the face. And since there were so many people around her who saw what happened and no one said "he just knocked your camera quit whining" i assume she did not lie.

Even so, would punching the camera be ok? It would still be assault

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    There is no other footage but this one.

So who really knows. If she was, that's obviously wrong and illegal.

But Rebel Media are basically trolls who go to places to stir shit up, so I take literally everything they do with a grain of salt. It'd be like if Brianna Wu said she was punched by a Trump supporter calling her a Tranny. Rebel Media is acting like their entire news organization is under some threat right now with how they've put out bounties on the guy's head and are going to "serve him a massive lawsuit."

I'd like a little more evidence than just seeing him hit the camera. Because the person being hit responded in a way that didn't really seem like the way one would if you got socked in the face.

Looked at the video and looks like he just hit the camera abit. I bet the camera hit her in the head when he punched that.

Punched the Camera which hit her in the face I believe? I mean that seems logical.

Guy had a right to ask for his privacy, although the crowd cheering for him as he punched her is...well, yeah I don't get that.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Pretty funny though a male feminist hitting a woman

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

But Rebel Media are basically trolls who go to places to stir shit up, so I take literally everything they do with a grain of salt. It'd be like if Brianna Wu said she was punched by a Trump supporter calling her a Tranny.

I'd like a little more evidence than just seeing him hit the camera. Because the person being hit responded in a way that didn't really seem like the way one would if you got socked in the face.
    Ah i see. SO we are for womens rights unless women start trolling. In which case we can punch them. Got it.

Also the fact that no one around her said "he just hit the camera" i assume she was not lying.

And to this i also add the fact that those people were having "victims should be believed" signs. Which makes it more outrageous

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    I come from Romania and we don't have much feminism here. But I was grown up with the idea that no matter what you should never hit a woman.
    l
    Women or male. You're not supposed to hit anyone. End. He pushes the camera, she was hit. Cry me a river. Tough life of a reporter. They're super annoying anyway

there's plenty of situations where you should hit a woman, even if you're a guy.

if she hits you in the face, nail her back.

but this is assault, this isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Pretty funny though a male feminist hitting a woman
    Maybe he just believes no special treatment should be given to either gender.

Ah i see. SO we are for womens rights unless women start trolling. In which case we can punch them. Got it.
    lol you got me, that's definitely what I said. I definitely didn't say we should be objective and try to find any kind of actual proof that she herself was hit, when the video seems to imply her camera was.

Also the fact that no one around her said "he just hit the camera" i assume she was not lying.
    ...I assume nothing. I see that the tape is unclear if she or just her equipment was hit.

And to this i also add the fact that those people were having "victims should be believed" signs. Which makes it more outrageous
    You do...you do realize that other people acting like retards doesn't mean that therefore claims against said group should just be accepted, right? Unless you're just going to use their flawed reasoning.

I await your next thread where you link to some stupid conservative small youtube channel trying to make a stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Maybe he just believes no special treatment should be given to either gender.
    Yeah true.

But Rebel Media are basically trolls who go to places to stir shit up, so I take literally everything they do with a grain of salt. It'd be like if Brianna Wu said she was punched by a Trump supporter calling her a Tranny. Rebel Media is acting like their entire news organization is under some threat right now with how they've put out bounties on the guy's head and are going to "serve him a massive lawsuit."

Well, he did strike at her direction. Even if he didn't land one on her, I don't think he covered himself in glory. It would have been better if those around him had reacted a bit differently, as it does give fuel to the notion that these people only care about women who are politically aligned with them, and all of the things that they say about protecting women go out of the window if the woman in question isn't one of their own.

Well, he did strike at her direction. Even if he didn't land one on her, I don't think he covered himself in glory. It would have been better if those around him had reacted a bit differently, as it does give fuel to the notion that these people only care about women who are politically aligned with them, and all of the things that they say about protecting women go out of the window if the woman in question isn't one of their own.
    I agree, the response was hypocritical and scummy.

That doesn't change the fact that Rebel Media constantly is stirring the pot and trying to start shit, and with this unclear tape showing what was actually hit, I'm certainly not going to just blindly accept their claim that feeds exactly into the narrative they've been shitting out for the last year.

Camera should definitely sue him.
    Kidding aside, his move was stupid and no one should defend it.
    But let's avoid generalisations, ok?

So why dont we get to see how the argument started, the man was clearly angry as the video started so something happened before. Ill wait for this lawsuit where theyre ordered to release all of the footage before i judge.

I agree, the response was hypocritical and scummy.

That doesn't change the fact that Rebel Media constantly is stirring the pot and trying to start shit, and with this unclear tape showing what was actually hit, I'm certainly not going to just blindly accept their claim that feeds exactly into the narrative they've been shitting out for the last year.
    Oh, it feeds into their narrative perfectly- my point is that they played into their hands. Rebel Media having an agenda doesn't excuse this guys actions. To be honest, I think the best thing that could be done here is for people to condemn the guy, and leave it at that. If it becomes about Rebel Media, they can (and legitimately so) claim that people are minimising violence (seemingly aimed at a woman) by trying to switch focus, which reinforces the claim that these people are hypocrites, whatever your views on their motivations, their claims would have a sound basis.

Deleted
    After smugglypuff precendent I wouldn't be suprised if we had a group wide lying.

The police have probably already charged him with assault. What else is there to learn?