Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Skorpyron as Assa

Hey lads!

Preping my first NH run tonight and looks like skorpyron is a fight where we won't really shine.

I was checking the first logs (Skorpyron Heroic) and saw some guys going MP/Alacrity, maximizing Deadly Poison and energy regen for FoK on the scorpids, your thoughts ?

Deleted
    the adds have literally no health, they are dead in the time you get 1-2 FoK's off, no reason not to play AP if you are geared for it.

Deleted
    IF you realy want to kill the boss and not shine in the meters, go tunnel the boss. Any good raidleader who knows something about assa rogues will do that.
    Besides that, you realy need to loot the FoK Cloak to do decent damage

Can rogues cheese some mechanics, not only Skorpyron?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    the adds have literally no health, they are dead in the time you get 1-2 FoK's off, no reason not to play AP if you are geared for it.
    Yeah makes sense, from what I saw on videos those adds depop instantly, hence why those rogues only perform with FoK Cloak as Enterich said below.

Going mp/ap last night
    I was at the bottom of the meters on skorpryon (#2 behind a warlock on actual damage to just skorpryon tunneling)
    I was #1 dps on chronomatic anomaly
    Can't remember trilliax
    Back to the bottom on aluriel (#1 damage on boss tunneling)
    #1 on Krosus
    Last edited by nosebone; 2017-01-18 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Can rogues cheese some mechanics, not only Skorpyron?
    What do you mean ?

Don't even bother, Skorpyron might be the easiets boss since Morchok. Its hardly even a fight. Sure you won't top meters but the boss will die even if you go naked and only use knife throw the whole fight, the boss is ridiculous.

I think it completely depends on your raid. My team is only 2/7M and probably an average ilvl of 875. The adds stay up for 8-10 seconds each wave for us, so spamming FoK was definitely a help. This is on heroic ofc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dot classes typically aren't add duty, so you should be on the boss and not even worrying about adds.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

I think I was 2nd or 3rd on our kill. I would just tunnel boss, when adds come out I would just try to FOK and fish for Poison Bombs. I have the leggo cloak which helps, I usually saved charges for when adds came out to maximize cheese dps lol

It depends a lot on what your guild/raid need. I'm currently the R1 Sin parse for heroic Skorp, but that same parse puts me at #282 for boss damage. I did it because it was what my raid needed.

My guild was running split runs so only half of us were on our mains, and the adds were living far too long, causing tank deaths. So even us two rogues needed to focus on bursting adds down. It is true that the most likely cause of wipes on that heroic boss is the adds living too long, not the fight lasting an extra 30 seconds. So I see value in adding our AOE to the mix rather than tunneling boss. But, like I said, it depends on what your raid needs.

I found I was very successful running Alacrity and using deadly poison. I also have the legendary cloak (910 though) and would spam FOK like crazy. My dps on the adds definitely helped us clear those groups fast enough to keep the tanks healthy.

On the other hand, if your raid is all 880+ mains with massive AOE, you would be best suited to tunnel the boss.
    Last edited by Mistborne; 2017-01-19 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    What do you mean ?
    situations, where other classes have to stay away, dogde a mechanic or something similar and rogues just stay on the mob.

My experience in hc so far:
    Skorpyron is a pain as assa, and shows a HEAVY flaw in the spec design. We have absolutley no AOE burst beside some legendarys (hi @ 3 utility legenadrys and not getting a fourth for 4 weeks, over 100 m+, mythic - hc - normal and LFR raids since the last legendary dropped)

Second boss is ok, but again the cleave for other classes is way better.

Third boss is realy good and fun, but even there we are not OP.
    Last edited by Faildevil; 2017-01-19 at 08:18 AM.

Deleted
    Adds die extremly fast, and in terms of try top the meter we are bye bye. Did lol to learn the fight on normal 1st last night. Then we Went in heroic and got 1st 3 bosses Before sleep, will go back tonight. Got a 98% on scor but as not many logs out it dont say alot, still had 834k dps, mages in my Guild pulled of 1,9m DPS so no meaning try compete on AOE. On ST fights I have a feeling assasin will shine thu, shadowpriest in Guild had a 100% and I gave him a fight for the top with a 98%.

Scorpid : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rpzLJ#fight=45
    Trillax: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/76Q1vbf9GmHrpzLJ#

Maybe death from above could prove usefull?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildevil View Post
    Maybe death from above could prove usefull?
    Thing is if rogue AOE realy can be fixed we need a on demand AOE finnisher who not cost us the energyregen trait in 100 talent tree. Atm we got poison bomb but its to random. If we had a trait that let us force a PB 1 / 45 sec we would come a long way thu. we got aoe builder but no good finnisher.

Deleted
    I get what you mean. Not sure you can cheese anything on skropyron though.

As assa we are very niche and supposed to be OP on ST and even on cleave with max 3 targets (I performed quite well on botanist for exemple, keeping 3 perma ruptures in 3rd phase).
    Targets with low health are just not our job, no point to even bother as it is an effective DPS loss most of the time it seems.

I have no problem with classes/specs being niche for different kinds of fights. However some have it really easy (ret paladins divine storm ? Demon Hunters ? Even though they fall behind on ST after their big burst).
    I am thinking more and more about switching to outlaw for some bosses in NH.

But I am pretty sure Assa is going to scale exceptionally well later in this tier, the 0.5% nerf on AP is pulling us back right now but our tier set has sick bonuses + mastery.

Deleted
    I was #1 on around 50% of the fights in my guild. Going with the exs build because I hate how bad ap is on anything aoe. There are some really good bosses for us in there and some not so good bosses. Overall I am satisfied

Skorp seems a good fight to do as exsanguinate. I ran AP last night, but looking at how our Skorp kill played out, I think I'll try exsang next time. His vulnerability phase of 14 seconds in length where damage is +100% looks like a perfect spot to drop a vanish vendetta exsanguinated rupture with kingsbane. A regular AP rupture takes 30+ seconds, but exsang can tick out the whole rupture inside the buff window. But it does mean holding vendetta/kb/exsang until the next window. And having deadly poison on makes FoKing the adds a little more effective.

If you have a halfway decent raid comp, just tunnel the boss.

Literally every other spec can swap some talents and be aoe or ST gods.

For whatever reason Blizzard has decided to pigeonhole the rogue specs in to ONE use only.

We are made to tunnel.