10+ Year Old Account

so this just happened

i queue for competitive because im really fucking piss ass dog tired of the dipshits i am forced to play with in quick play doing dumb ass shit like trying to snipe people as DVA and want to get my rank up to get out of that hell... then i walk into this

a team that is defeated before the first round even ends where where i begin to spout off about what a pointless feature it is because people just get butthurt as fuck and leave. to which someone replies "to have fun. it's not like we have a chance anyway"

so I must be confused or something, because I am pretty sure I queued for competitive. But these are the kind of attitudes you'd expect in quick play? Like... why the hell am I even here with these people? They aren't playing to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, more or less given up on competitive. Too many toxic players there. All about the arcade modes now.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Whoa, so the first thing you say in the whole game is just whining about teammates? No wonder you're doing so well in competitive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Read title in Tracer voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Whoa, so the first thing you say in the whole game is just whining about teammates? No wonder you're doing so well in competitive.
    Agreed.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post

this game is so dumb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post

this game is so dumb
    Same could happen in any similar game. I don't see how this is OW specific. I've seen "deranking" in CS:GO competitive just the same way, and it also leads to teammates losing points.