Frothing Berserker...how much rage to sacrifice for uptime?

So if youre running a typical setup 2332232 in raids, a couple of scenarios:

For example, if you're sitting at +/- 98 rage and not enraged, do you over cap on rage by using BT to get the Frothing Berserker buff first, or should you Rampage to get enraged first and ignore the Frothing buff until it happens naturally?

How hard should we be cheesing the Frothing buff? Trying to keep as much uptime as possible, or just taking advantage of it when it happens or for specific burst damage (gul'dan eyes comes to mind)?

Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saygonx/simple
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2017-01-25 at 10:08 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

Always wait for 100 rage to proc FA, even if you are already enraged. Don't waste the buff by casting rampage early
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

I don't know about anyone else but I always try to wait until I have 100 rage.

I feel that getting the buff of 15% extra damage for 6 seconds is worth waiting for that 2 rage to get rage capped. You will more than likely do more damage overall because of it. Using rampage is a great way to reset the buff as you can gain rage really fast.

You always want to wait for 100 rage before casting rampage, even if it means overcapping. I know your pain though, I've been in multiple situations where I was stuck at 99 rage and it wouldn't go up with normal melee attacks, so I wasted a lot of time in hopes of it proccing.

Would it make more sense to hold off on that BT till after the FA>Rampage cycle?

If you're at 98, hitting BT puts you at 108 (effective 100), you would then Rampage to go back down to 0 - a total of 8 rage lost. You could wait for an auto attack to land to get to 100, so lets that the auto attack is worth ~6 rage, making it so you waste 4 rage and not 8.

Or should you just go ahead and get to 100 asap and waste that 8/4 rage?
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

My thoughts exactly Dirtydeeds Over the course of a fight, that much wasted rage piles up. Over cap is just pure damage lost. Sims are nice but not accurate in real world situations. Maybe we'll get some more data after another week in NH.

The question is whether or not cheesing the frothing buff makes up for rage losses over an entire fight, and also whether frothing B is so much better that it outperforms massacre.

Plus capping rage on my warrior makes me cringe.
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2017-01-25 at 12:25 AM.

@Maxmuscle

Well said. Plus the execute phase just makes me question everything - feels so wrong. I like seeing my damage ramp up in the execute phase (I've had Ayala's since week 1 of the xpac - now I have helm/cloak) instead of hover or dip slightly then spike up sharply when BC comes off CD.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

During progression I feel like having higher damage during execute phases is more important than frothing, for my raid comp at least. There are a lot of mechanics in NH that require hard target burn, and massacre will shine here.

Using frothing last night, I noticed I would get rage capped but have to move for mechanics and then I would be sitting at 100 rage and frothing has dropped off when I get back to boss. Hit rampage and then back into normal rotation, and it could take such a long time to get all the way back to 100 rage with no enrage procs. Very awkward.

That being said, I think frothing worked great for bosses with large groups of adds and I'll use it for those fights.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Saygonx/simple
    Last edited by Demonpuke; 2017-01-25 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    The downside is lost enrage uptime, since you kinda always need to rampage after hitting 100 rage so you can start stacking it again.
    But that will prolly smooth out when you get 4P