Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The leaks will be fixed. Fossil fuels are just temporary anyways, once there are more efficient alternatives it can be scrapped.
    We shouldn't listen to Trump because he's even more temporary then fossil fuel dependence.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Kek.. Roads do that quite often in Democrat run states and cities too. Lest we forget, the US is a Republic.
    And I don't support it when that happens, either. I didn't support it when Pfeizer took land to build a factory they never built, and I don't support it when they take land to build a mall. Why would I support it when someone wants to build a pipeline?

So all you supporters are OK with putting the route back to the original design through the heavily populated Caucasian town? I mean if the pipelines are safe as you say then just go back to the original path, cool? Win-Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And I don't support it when that happens, either. I didn't support it when Pfeizer took land to build a factory they never built, and I don't support it when they take land to build a mall. Why would I support it when someone wants to build a pipeline?
    Trump fights a government to keep wind turbines form being seen from one of his hotels, then signs an executive order to build a pipeline through people's private land.

Douche canoe is a proper phrase for him.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    The leaks will be fixed. Fossil fuels are just temporary anyways, once there are more efficient alternatives it can be scrapped.

Not a problem because fossil fuels are just temporary.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I just read this awesome news as well and was going to make a thread. Additionally he ordered that any pipe materials used to build them be made in the US. A joyous day indeed!! Hooray for more jobs and lower energy costs!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...elines-n711321
    100 bucks you'd be bitching if it went through your property.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Not like toilet paper.....
    Well, Trump's written at least six since he took office five days ago, so he must have massive diarrhea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sounds like legislation to me. You whined when Obama did it, but now it's OK. Yep, your hypocrisy is getting more absurd by the minute.
    No, I whined when Obama legislated immigration law via executive order because Congress wouldnt give him what he wanted. Big difference

Deleted
    Good.

Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Ya I mean there's no data that shows these pipelines leak and contaminate drinking water.. oh wait. http://www.foreffectivegov.org/blog/...ipeline-spills
    You do realize this argument boils down to "we should halt all progress of civilization because of risks".

I mean do we really want to get into how much the invention of vehicles has contributed to contamination?

Deleted
    I just read this awesome news as well and was going to make a thread. Additionally he ordered that any pipe materials used to build them be made in the US. A joyous day indeed!! Hooray for more jobs and lower energy costs!!

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whit...elines-n711321
    So it's gonna be expensive and still inferior, but also uproot people and ruin the environment. Yepp, for sure good. I guess big Gov and executive orders are good as long as they serve your own ends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    I don't recall there being a huge outcry from Democrats about the number of EOs written by Bush, and that's because EOs are normal. Republicans bitched about Obama's EOs because he was Obama and he was trying to do things instead of knowing his place. If the same people do not now complain about Trump's EOs, that's hypocrisy. Need me to explain that again?

Well, if Obama's EOs were somehow not legitimate, it should be easy to roll them back. I'm sure you have a list of his illegal EOs that have been struck down?
    His DACA orders were found unconstitutional by the second highest court after the SCOTUS deadlocked

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Not like toilet paper.....
    Ronald Reagan 381
    George H. W. Bush 166
    William J. Clinton 364
    George W. Bush 291
    Barack Obama 275

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ecutive_orders

No, I whined when Obama legislated immigration law via executive order because Congress wouldnt give him what he wanted. Big difference
    But it is no different. The executive branch has authority on prioritization of enforcement. He can tell his employees to not focus on some thigns, and to focus on others.

You want Trump to literally force a private company to buy a certain product. Man, it sounds like you are supporting Obamacare all of a sudden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You do realize this argument boils down to "we should halt all progress of civilization because of risks".

I mean do we really want to get into how much the invention of vehicles has contributed to contamination?
    Lmao, how is "MOAR OIL!" supposed to advance civilization?

If anything, it stops new research.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Not a problem because fossil fuels are just temporary.
    Nice of you to show a fresh spill, but neglect to say that it can be and has been cleaned up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

"Progress of civilization" is making it sound very romantic and important. I thought that being progressive was something those supporting Trump was against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice of you to show a fresh spill, but neglect to say that it can be and has been cleaned up
    Yeah, because there were no lasting environmental effects whatsoever from Valdez, not counting the initial death and destruction that it caused.

Do you want more recent? How about Deepwater Horizon, BP, Treasure, or Prestige? Millions and millions of animals were killed, and habitats permanently destroyed. 14% of the Valdez spill was recovered, and 86% of the spill dispersed or sank. 25% of the BP leak was recovered, and 75% of it dispersed or sank. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's cleaned up.

Get a grip man, you're not nearly as knowledgeable as you think.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-01-24 at 05:53 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I great executive order would be term limits for ALL politicians!!

Deleted
    Causing no damage and costing no money I bet! Let's just keep letting it happen, what could go wrong?