Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    The amusing part is you still don't understand what a federal hiring freeze really is or the hiring process in the first place. There's no karma being dished out right now despite your deluded opinion. This freeze will be lifted. Whether the job your mother applied for is still there when it does,... who knows. The VA will be scrutinized heavily as it should be. As far as creating jobs, that is already happening. He never said they'd be government jobs, he said just the opposite on those actually. Regardless of yours, mine, or anyone else's opinion on the man, he is doing exactly what he said he would. And I'm not the only government employee to tell you on this thread, it does need to be downsized. He's not blowing smoke on that topic at all.
    No doubt.

You seem quite mad that I'm amused at people's inability to see the consequences of their actions, that's fine. That doesn't mean that they're not getting fucked by a delay of months or not job at all, both of which is easily predictable in voting for a populist whose only way to fix things is to break them, shit on the pieces, then claim to have invented a fine new toilet you can buy for only four easy payments of $199.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No doubt.

You seem quite mad that I'm amused at people's inability to see the consequences of their actions, that's fine. That doesn't mean that they're not getting fucked by a delay of months or not job at all, both of which is easily predictable in voting for a populist whose only way to fix things is to break them, shit on the pieces, then claim to have invented a fine new toilet you can buy for only four easy payments of $199.
    Consequences of what actions exactly? I'm far from angry. I'm actually laughing my butt off that people like you seem to think we regret any of this. I didn't vote for Trump, but he hasn't done a single thing I disagree with his Twitter account notwithstanding. But then I don't wish for any President to fail as that is an incredibly deluded way of thinking. The irony is you just made an analogy about government spending but simultaneously support a career politician who supports such spending. News flash dear, that's why he beat her. This attitude you've displayed right here. So while I didn't vote for him in November, I will in 4 years if he continues to not back down from the cry-baby generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    My friend was very upset about this, since she was trying to get into a government job.
    What type of job? Are the pay and benefits good?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    When my Ex Mother in law gets paid $30.00/hr to sort the fucking mail I think there needs to be something done about this. There is no reason this should be more than an $12-$15/ hr job, when you include all the benefits on top of that its just plain crazy.
    30 bucks are you sure?

Also what's wrong with that? People deserve a living wage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    My mom was trying to get a job at the VA.

Voted for Trump to save the country.

Now is pretty certain she won't get the job they've made plans for moving across half the state for.

Good informed voters, both my parents. Great to see their spite vote (because that's all it was - a spite vote against Clinton) didn't fuck them over a week into the presidency. I mean, it'd be nice to say either of those things.
    VA meaning Veteran's Assistance? I would hope that that would qualify as belonging to, in some part, the military. If Trump wants the military to still thrive, and expand, the VA would need some protections too.

If the hiring freeze is indeed affecting the VA, I'm very sorry to hear your family is getting shafted. Serving the VA is very honorable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    VA meaning Veteran's Assistance? I would hope that that would qualify as belonging to, in some part, the military. If Trump wants the military to still thrive, and expand, the VA would need some protections too.

If the hiring freeze is indeed affecting the VA, I'm very sorry to hear your family is getting shafted. Serving the VA is very honorable
    Even worse, killing Obamacare puts more demand on the VA, who is already short handed and now cant hire anyone.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    30 bucks are you sure?

People have this notion that you get paid what the difficulty of the job is worth.

It just so happens that a lot of people have differing opinions on what that job is worth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Even worse, killing Obamacare puts more demand on the VA, who is already short handed and now cant hire anyone.
    Yep, hopefully with so many retired Generals taking office and in his cabinet, they will direct him to make sure important offices like the VA are taken care of.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/w...reeze-45002933

Is this how you reach that 25 million jobs quota?
    Oh, wow - Trump lied again. What a shock. I wonder how long until he tells anoth- oh, there he goes again.

/popcorn

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    Yep, hopefully with so many retired Generals taking office and in his cabinet, they will direct him to make sure important offices like the VA are taken care of.
    Not so sure about that given the history of the VA and overall, the VA does play favorites based on rank so those generals and such already get great treatment from what I have seen.

I have seen a Sargent with a messed up ankle at 90% while I am a private with a fucked up spine with nerve damage at 50% and I have seen another private with a destroyed hip from jumping out planes fighting to get 30%.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/w...reeze-45002933

Is this how you reach that 25 million jobs quota?
    Great news indeed!

10+ Year Old Account
    While we are on this topic. There is a ton of Administrate FAT that needs to be trimmed in both the state and federal levels.

Take school districts for example. Look at the cost per student and decide which school districts need mass layoffs. I got to see a glimpse of those costs at one point where the largest school district was ten time the amount over the average school district. I understand being larger means more costs ... but that would mean they have more students right?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What type of job? Are the pay and benefits good?

- - - Updated - - -

30 bucks are you sure?

Any type of entry level job, really. And she didn't tell me, but I assume it must be significantly better than her current part-time work.

Also, $30/h is quite a bit. That's 57.5k a year for full-time (without taxes or insurance taken out), which is fairly significant. Mind you, that would depend on where the job is. In places like New York or California that would just be enough to get a crappy apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any type of entry level job, really. And she didn't tell me, but I assume it must be significantly better than her current part-time work.

Also, $30/h is quite a bit. That's 57.5k a year for full-time (without taxes or insurance taken out), which is fairly significant. Mind you, that would depend on where the job is. In places like New York or California that would just be enough to get a crappy apartment.
    It does start a bit high. I wonder why that is. It's similar with our government but I do recall entry level mailroom jobs more about 21-23 bucks.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    While we are on this topic. There is a ton of Administrate FAT that needs to be trimmed in both the state and federal levels.

Take school districts for example. Look at the cost per student and decide which school districts need mass layoffs. I got to see a glimpse of those costs at one point where the largest school district was ten time the amount over the average school district. I understand being larger means more costs ... but that would mean they have more students right?
    You're doing a Trumpet - vague statements backed by little to (k)no(w) in formation. I think you're right about some areas of government, and schools are notoriously problematic, but give us some data to back your claims. Please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're doing a Trumpet - vague statements backed by little to (k)no(w) in formation. I think you're right about some areas of government, and schools are notoriously problematic, but give us some data to back your claims. Please.
    I can careless whether anyone believes me or not. Besides I bet some of the info is public. But do you honestly not believe that there are many governement agencies/districts/whatever that don't have ballooned and out of control administrative costs?
    Last edited by zEmini; 2017-01-30 at 05:06 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I can careless whether anyone believes me or not. Besides I bet some of the info is public. But do you honestly not believe that there are many governement agencies/districts/whatever that don't have ballooned and out of control administrative costs?
    I believe you that in some cases there are agencies that have ballooned out of control - but that's not exactly a bold statement to make. What would make the discussion more interesting is having information to work from - actual data that demonstrates what you are saying, and more specifically where it exists in the worst cases.

There's that old addage about "non-essential personnel", that you just wait until a blizzard or something makes all the "non-essential personnel" get excused from work, then you just don't let them back in, because non-essential. I mean, yeah, that's a bit short sighted, the way that "skeleton crew" is different from just "crew", but there's something there; the federal government is overstaffed by virtue of it being involved in any number of tasks that it has no legitimate business involving itself in anyway.

We are in Rural MN where you can buy a nice Home for 50-80K

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    We are in Rural MN where you can buy a nice Home for 50-80K
    Yeah, so quite a bit. I would LOVE to make just $20/h, and could get by on $15/h. $30/h would be dream job material.

50-80K is cheap as fuck for a house most in metro areas are $150,000 + for a 2 bedroom shit hole. Im talking 50-80k for a nice 4 bedroom home. and yes out here $15 an hour is more than enough to own a house, car and live comfortably.