Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    dear god... she is a candidate for the DNC chair??? good luck in 4 years. I hope democrats move away from humoring minorities with identity politics. Create a better overall economy and ALL people will benefit. Enough with "I am going to help black people". Start "I am going to help low-income people".
    atm its the equivalent of the GOP primaries where any one can say "I want the job"

As for actual legislation history, it doesn't match up with the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You appear to be extremely confused on who is doing the disenfranchising.
    Yep, telling your party that their voice and opinion isn't as valid as someone else's because of "privilege" and that they need to sit down and shut up is a great idea.

GOP attracts the white racists, Dems attract all the other racists.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "B-BUT HOW DID TRUMP WIN!?"

Easy, you guys kept wanting to be racists towards the Major population of your Country. Enjoy your next 8 years.

There are racial wounds that are so deep in America. Against minorities and against whites. The truly racist factions don't help, and the fact that issues which are tangentially related to race get blown up to only be about race don't help.

I don't see a way out of this. Maybe a generation gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ople-down.html

Good luck in 2020, party of lunatics.
    Here's the difference though.. Unlike the people backing Trump, many Dems can say 'No, bitch be crazy'. They can call their people on their bullshit (Given, they don't always)

Also, one individual does not a party make.

It'll be a fun battle between her and Ellison to see who will be the captain of the Hating Whitey faction of the party.

Good thing she expressed these views now, hope like hell she doesn't get the gig.

DNC needs to have a full time chair and they need to get their shit in order with a long view of the future. This is not the way to do it, and hopefully Democratic leadership will pull their heads out of their asses and realize this.

I'm not terribly optimistic that they can manage that though, sadly.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Oh come on, don't make Trump get 8 years.
    No, please do.

You think the salt is good now?!

Sheiittttt

Nobody should be shut down. Let people be ignorant, but do not try to silence their ignorance. Not only is it fruitless, but it also makes you an oppressive asshat.

10+ Year Old Account
    What she actually is trying to say:

"I want to make sure caucasian people, the demographic that performs significantly better overall, to give other, less well of demographics a chance to have their say without instantly interrupting them or shifting focus away from them"

What stupid people read:

"hurrdurr fuck white people go black racists"

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

"I want to make sure caucasian people, the demographic that performs significantly better overall, to give other, less well of demographics a chance to have their say without instantly interrupting them or shifting focus away from them"

What stupid people read:

Good job.
    While your summary is much more charitable than what she actually said, it's still a flatly stupid sentiment in the context of the modern DNC, which already privileges the views of people of color over whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yeah, the right never does identity politics. But what would I know, I'm just a libtard costal elite from Commiefornia.
    I love shit like this, because it's basically saying "Yeah, this person is on my side, but they did something extremely stupid...But I can't simply say that. Instead, I have to blame the other side of doing it, too."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I smell deflection regarding Trump.

How small of straws are conservatives going to have to grab at to distract people from the trainwreck that is already their candidate?
    Candidate? Maybe 3 months ago. Here's not a candidate, he's President.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post

What stupid people read:

Good job.
    There you go, keep defending that type of attitude. You're sure to convince so many people to your side.
    Last edited by CrypticSoul; 2017-01-25 at 12:22 AM.
    I don't read replies, so don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticSoul View Post
    I love shit like this, because it's basically saying "Yeah, this person is on my side, but they did something extremely stupid...But I can't simply say that. Instead, I have to blame the other side of doing it, too."
    It was stupid.

I'm just tired of the rights constant bitching about identity politics and them pretending to have the moral high ground.

I'm just tired of the rights constant bitching about identity politics and them pretending to have the moral high ground.
    Something I didn't realize ten years ago, but that I've gotten around to realizing is that all politics is identity politics. Once I started noticing how many things were "who, whom?", a lot of more of political positions and actions made a lot more sense to me.

It was stupid.

Why wouldn't they complain about identity politics? Identity politics are inherently divisive and racist. I hate that shit, too.

Despite what people may think or hear about conservatives, they largely don't give a shit about what sex or skin color you are. They want to know if you can get the job done. That's their argument when they rail against affirmative action.
    I don't read replies, so don't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Misrepresenting the statements to troll about racial issues makes this thread unacceptable. Locked.