Nighthold Trinkets and a Breath Build

I have the normal versions of Convergance of Fates and Krosus, 860 eye and arcano, and a 865 memento. I've heard the sims for frost were screwy so I thought I'd ask around. Krosus seems ok for cleave, ut I have Seal of Necrofantasia, so Fates allows me to put an extra Hungering Rune Weapon into my 1st breath without damaging uptime later.

Have you found a situation on Heroic where you can actually get two HRW's into a BoS without having to move for a mechanic? I find that 35-60 seconds is a perfect uptime to shoot for. There aren't many standstill fights in NH so I found the ring to be slightly overvalued. Especially when you add in convergence and 4 piece. The ring definitely loses its luster.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I'm using an 890 Chains (Crit) and an 880 Horn of Valor (Awesome for BoS build).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    Have you found a situation on Heroic where you can actually get two HRW's into a BoS without having to move for a mechanic? I find that 35-60 seconds is a perfect uptime to shoot for. There aren't many standstill fights in NH so I found the ring to be slightly overvalued. Especially when you add in convergence and 4 piece. The ring definitely loses its luster.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now I'm using an 890 Chains (Crit) and an 880 Horn of Valor (Awesome for BoS build).
    All the fights apart from elissand you can sit boss for long periods tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    Elisande after p1 you can get really really good uptime as well. She stops teleporting away and just has her time bubble self cast the ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't actually think it's a good idea to use both charges of HRW on BoS unless you are cleaving with the BoS as a safety measure (though the only boss I can think of is Botanist and I wouldn't save both HRW for cleaving 2 target since you'll miss HRW on the 3rd Breath which is 3 targets anyway).

Generally if you try to sit on the boss and do literally nothing else for 1min30sec you will get forced to move some reason, better to just chill on the boss for 40sec with your BoS then go do mechanics and start your next BoS with another PP potion.

Ring essentially allows you to not use CoF and use a stat stick + Horn of Valor. HC CoF was like 5k DPS ahead of my 875 Angerboda with Ring and now I got an 885 Angerboda so I doubt I will be taking a CoF from the other melee/hunters in our guild who benefit from it like 5x more than me.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    I don't actually think it's a good idea to use both charges of HRW on BoS unless you are cleaving with the BoS as a safety measure (though the only boss I can think of is Botanist and I wouldn't save both HRW for cleaving 2 target since you'll miss HRW on the 3rd Breath which is 3 targets anyway).

Generally if you try to sit on the boss and do literally nothing else for 1min30sec you will get forced to move some reason, better to just chill on the boss for 40sec with your BoS then go do mechanics and start your next BoS with another PP potion.

Ring essentially allows you to not use CoF and use a stat stick + Horn of Valor. HC CoF was like 5k DPS ahead of my 875 Angerboda with Ring and now I got an 885 Angerboda so I doubt I will be taking a CoF from the other melee/hunters in our guild who benefit from it like 5x more than me.
    I've got the leg-Ring and I use the second charge on the second Breath.
    The second Breath got PoF and maybe Potion (save for Hero if not used at pull) ready and therefor it will benefit more from a the second charge to make sure the breath will def. up for the whole PoF uptime.
    And then for a third breath another HRW will be rdy.

Using BoS with stacking CDs is the most DPS you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkler View Post
    The second Breath got PoF and maybe Potion (save for Hero if not used at pull) ready and therefor it will benefit more from a the second charge to make sure the breath will def. up for the whole PoF uptime.

Yes, but my question relates to the fact that Convergance of Fates lowers the cooldown of Empower/Hungering Rune Weapon enough that an extra charge can be put in for at least one breath if you have the ring.
    Last edited by Elerubard; 2017-01-24 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    I guess it matters what your definition of 'long periods' is. I find no reason (or probability) of having 90+ seconds of uptime on a boss. Maybe Augur but you still need to peel and get the add. 30-50 seconds is perfect and most fights facilitate that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkler View Post

That's exactly what I said...

I'm trying to tell OP he should try to get another trinket so his BoS will be stronger (instead of having a 4th ERW charge in 3 Breaths) because his overall DPS will benefit more if he had say, Horn of Valor then it would from Convergence because he can already pair 1 BoS with 1 HRW with Ring for most of a fight.

There is almost no point to cast double HRW in a Breath unless the fight is sub 4min25sec~
    Last edited by Saybel; 2017-01-24 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    That's exactly what I said...

I'm trying to tell OP he should try to get another trinket so his BoS will be stronger (instead of having a 4th ERW charge in 3 Breaths) because his overall DPS will benefit more if he had say, Horn of Valor then it would from Convergence because he can already pair 1 BoS with 1 HRW with Ring for most of a fight.

There is almost no point to cast double HRW in a Breath unless the fight is sub 4min25sec~
    Would an 890 memento work? Just got that in my weekly cache.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elerubard View Post
    Would an 890 memento work? Just got that in my weekly cache.
    Yeah with ring I'd equip an 890 Momento over CoF. Maybe on perma cleave though the extra HRW is worth it.