Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I like all these bad healers defending the statement of healers being "weak".
    Really stimulates the old gray matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, they should *not* enforce the specc, because then you have the problem with 10 DDs and no healer vs 7 DDs and 3 Healers and you can do nothing about it.
    Then have the matchmaking system not put 10 damage dealers against 7 dps and 3 healers..? It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    You shouldn't be able.to easily take down a healer in 1v1 if you could they would be useless in group settings, which a battle ground is.
    This... and something is wonky on the role system. I can zone in as holy (assigned as a healer), and it won't let me respec to discipline. I can generally respec from discipline to holy if I decide to go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Then have the matchmaking system not put 10 damage dealers against 7 dps and 3 healers..? It's not rocket science.
    This is harder than you think.
    What happens if 2 healers leave a BG in one team? Does the team get filled up with DDs? Or does it stay 8 VS 10 until healers are found? How long is an acceptable wait time?
    Or do you actually just remove 2 healers from the other team from the BG and give them some sort of compensation?
    So many problems, not good solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    whats the point of DD'ers if you cant kill a single healer 1vs1?
    Please tell me you're not expressing your actual opinion there.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    This... and something is wonky on the role system. I can zone in as holy (assigned as a healer), and it won't let me respec to discipline. I can generally respec from discipline to holy if I decide to go that way.
    I know on my monk and DH I have queue'd as a tank in tank spec with only tank selected and been dropped into bgs in dps. Not a huge deal if it hasn't started but if it has you can't change. The first time that happened on my monk it was a mess since I hand't done the WW wpn quest so I had no wpns to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I got a pretty sweet 2 MW monks 2 disc priest and a resto druid with a gaurdian druid FC against our 1 healer group today, that was fun. Impossible to kill any of them even with the FC debuff at max.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or people could just accept people like playing differently to them in PvP and not try to make everyone just be a brainless dps.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    for random Battlegrounds?

As a pure DPS I CANT compete here. ATM healers have too many tools for survival and their throughput is out the roof. Unless you play some meta DPS specs, you are not going be able to win or even try to bring down one healer, even in 1v1 scenario. Random battleground have become a very bad and unpleasant experience.

Should Blizzard enforce people into the spec they queue for and forbid premades (or improve the Matchmaking) to enter random Battlegrounds
    Simply ya for the enforce spec you queue as because if you queue for a specific role and change spec then your team might have no healer cuz the game assumes you are going to heal, but aren't. That would be pretty simple to do. As for forbiding premade NEVER, because I only do bgs when I play with some friends and do not really like solo queue for bgs. True, it can be unfair from time to time, but its up to you to form your own group, u can only have 5 player group so it limits the unfair factor as the other 5-35 arent with them.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I play rogue too and have a hard time killing healers. Usually, I am able to kill pretty much any dps specced player(often I can even 1v2), but when I encounter a healer: it doesn't matter how hard I try they just won't die. Most of the time I just end up having absolutely no CDs available and they still have all their mana.
    Seems like its always rogues thinking they should be able to kill anything 1vs1, and its always rogues who refuse to accept that a DPS killing a healer 1vs1 is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Seems like its always rogues thinking they should be able to kill anything 1vs1, and its always rogues who refuse to accept that a DPS killing a healer 1vs1 is a bad thing.
    Well if other DPS classes have the toolkit and dps to kill a healer, why shouldn't a rogue be able to do so? I thought it was all about "bring the player, not the class."

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Well if other DPS classes have the toolkit and dps to kill a healer, why shouldn't a rogue be able to do so? I thought it was all about "bring the player, not the class."
    The point is no DPS should be able to kill a healer 1vs1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    The point is no DPS should be able to kill a healer 1vs1.
    Oh ok if it is like that, then they should just nerf some dps speccs instead.

Deleted
    I like playing mm hunter in pvp, takes me a few seconds to cleave down an entire group of players within my cooldowns.

But yes certain healers need to be nerfed and half the melee should go down in damage aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post

Should Blizzard enforce people into the spec they queue for and forbid premades (or improve the Matchmaking) to enter random Battlegrounds
    Umm, pretty sure they already do enforce people into the spec they queued for. If you queued for DPS, you can't change into another spec.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    PvP is balanced around 3vs3. If a healer is easily killed by a single DPS, now imagine 2 on top of one with all their CDs up plus their healer helping them.

The healer would melt faster than a piece of butter thrown into the sun.

Let's be real and realize there's a bigger picture than our own little perceptions
    This is the first time ive ever seen a post from tikcol that i agree with, which is a new thing for me.

But yeah, if you could beat a healer 1v1, then in BGs it would be better to have all dps, since a healer would just die to everything.
    It has also LITERALLY ALWAYS been like this. (Well at least since i started in TBC).
    The reason a healer can kill a dps 1v1, is because they can do tiny bits of damage which the DPS cant outheal, while themselves outhealing the damage of the single DPS.

Judging class balance based on 1v1s is really god damn silly.