Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Really they should just give us hunter-like pet specs. That way demons would be a purely cosmetic choice and we could use whichever one we want without gimping ourselves.
    I agree, but i was trying to remain somewhat realistic, no way are Blizz going to do pet specs for warlocks, i mean that would make warlock pets too much like hunter pets... (More interesting, for one thing) T_T

7+ Year Old Account
    Only glyph I bought was to get my Eye back, I like to interrupt with da lazers :-D but I won't buy this one because first: I never use the Succubus and two: its just a simple high poly remodell unlike the eye and the dog.

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Really they should just give us hunter-like pet specs. That way demons would be a purely cosmetic choice and we could use whichever one we want without gimping ourselves.
    This!, if they can do it to hunters they can do it to us aswell right ? make soulstones store there souls so we can summon them. also every expantion has brought new demons.

Why not use all the models, just like the devilsaurs for hunters let big guys like pitlords scale down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Legion is all about class fantasy.

For other classes.
    Yeah, I know...

I'd argue Blood Mages are closer to destruction warlocks than the standard mage, so Verdant Spheres suited us just fine...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Pretty sure verdant spheres died with fire mages new artifact weapon.
    I can dream :<

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Legion is all about class fantasy.

For other classes.
    I know, right? In an expansion focused entirely on demons you'd think warlocks would get some love. Instead they take away all our toys and push us off to the side to make room for Demon Hunters.

Deleted
    I wish they'd dump the fantasy and let us play any pet we want, or no pet, without significant loss.

As I said, my personal view of affliction is that the Succubus is a more fitting pet than the Felhunter. But of course affliction is designed so that you use either Supremacy demons or the Felhunter, because any othe rpet is a big loss. Likewise destruction is mor eorless comprelled to use the imp or Supremacy.

This means complying with the developer vision of "class fantasy" as in "destruction is fire spells and the imp shoots fire herp derp"

In reality as affliction I will neve ruse anything but Supremacy, because the felhunter is a pain in the ass melee pet with no gap closer and no AOE, and Service costs a shard. Supremacy gives me in one talent a strong single target ranged pet or a strong AOE pet that can tank in world content. But how does it fit when an afflock can use dmeons as powerful as a demonology lock can use?

They have consistently nerfed Sacrifice because they want us to use pets. Many players dont; want to because they are a pain in the ass, they are dps that can die, driven by a sucky AI that is terrible at switching and which has flakey pathing which can be a realliability in high M+

Understandable, I guess. If I wrote a game and designed the pets and the AI and all I wouldn;t want players dumping it lol

A good start would be to widen the buffs so that affliction's dots not only increase Shadow Bite, but also Lash of Pain and similar attacks, let us choose the demon we want. Even the imp!

Diutto for at least destruction. Demo is tougher, as it has a unique demon in the felguard.

Too bad I never get to use Succubus cause it does such little damage. I literally only use it to meme people off cliffs in bgs.

I do wish they'd revamp the warlock pets to be more equally viable

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    I do wish they'd revamp the warlock pets to be more equally viable
    They were pretty fairly balanced between imp, felhound, and succubus for aff and destro before blizzard decided they only get 1 viable pet.