Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question How come nobody talks about legendaries any more?! It still affects the game a LOT.

So I see a thread talking about ppl maxed 54 traits on all 3 weapons and blue talks about making AP vendorable for some gold . Just want to share my thoughts here. Excuse me if there is already some posts about this.

First of all I am a main Havoc DH and now I have 54 on havoc and 42 on vengence. Well I have 12 more triats to be capped but I know it is gonna be soon. I feel that one of the biggest reason why people are getting lots of AP is that they don't have their desired legendary item(s). I see that not many people are talking about legendaries any more but these items still affect the game play a LOT. For dh, if u have the legendary shoulder and trinket from the grand magistress or some specific relics, you can reduce your meta cd to 2min. which is the same as our dps CDs, which will make dh's much more powerful. Thus I bet any dh with or without competitive mind will want to get the shoulder piece. (OR helm for those who focus mainly on mythic+)

I feel that offer other use of AP might be a solution to this problem. Say a certain amount of AP with an legendary item you don't want in exchange of the one you do need. Having this will not only give ppl a good way to spend their AP, but also prevent "bad luck" for certain players since as patch goes on, some talents/specs(for those class with multiple dps specs) will be buffed and some others will be nerfed, there is no way to "make everybody happy" or "make every legendary as powerful as others" given that they are totally DIFFERENT. I know several people who got unwanted legendaries and re-rolled to another toon of the same class. This is just painful. I know that some utility legendaries got buffed and right now they are pretty good in some situations. But there are and will always be unwanted legendaries no matter how you change their effects.

I started play wow in WoD and fell in love with it even tho I heard WoD was not so good. Now that we have way more content and it feels great so far. I don't mind much about the titan forge/ legendary items are totally random and I have no problem with this exp being very grindy. I just wish that our hard work/time is rewarded properly. Some mechanics like the one I mentioned above would round out the random factors a lot, making lucky players don't have that much of advantage and giving less fortunnate players a clear path to get what they want.

Just some personal thoughts. Happy to hear any feedback.
    Also, I am not here crying or complaining about the system. It is what it is. We all got our rights to choose from playing it or not playing it. Just thought this might be a good solution to both problems and that's all. There is no system that runs perfectly but there are always ways to improve it.
    Last edited by Askwitionary; 2017-01-26 at 01:11 AM.

People almost only talk about legendaries and how they ruined the game. This thread is meaningless, as we have enough cry-post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well, I think most are busy playing. NH is out, and a lot of groups are rolling in the kills. A lot of people are also getting alternate legendaries - so with time going forward, and people getting a large amount of legendaries, the entire legendaryGATE is falling off.

Do I think legendaries were a bad idea: YES.. Do I care: Not really at this point.

OK so I understand that bliz doesn't want players who farm a lot of AP to stand in a great advantage when 7.2 hits. Then, when AP is capped, give us some other thingy as a currency for exchange legendaries etc. would be nice. If they worth a lot of gold, then the in-game economy will break very quickly. if it is very little gold, then I bet a lot of players will not be happy with it.

I dare to say for the majority of players and a healthy chunk of raiders. Legendarys don't make or break the game. I myself have two junk lengendarys on my main and junk ones on my alts. Sure I don't like the fact I'm way behind the guys with the good legendarys, but I was behind the other guys who got the perfect trinkets, with the 4pc, with the perfect weapons before this. So nothing has changed for us mid-level people

I just don't like that for some classes at least, there are so many junk Legs you can get before you get a useful one. It doesn't feel good at all, and there is nothing legendary about getting a bubble shield or extra 2 heroic leaps. I wish they had called them something besides legendary. I'd prefer exotic item. But that really wouldn't change the feels bad part.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest problem aren't the legendary items themselves, it's the way they are distributed.

Basicly they all share 1 big pool or Random chance based on current loot role.

To be honest one way it should have been implemented to not punish offspecs is this:

-Legendaries per spec should have their own drop chance table, so getting your 3rd or 4th dps legendary does not lower a tank/healing or whatever other spec's 1st/2nd etc. chances
    - Shared Legendaries should be in their own category as well

And they dare keep adding new ones and even then punish people who got lucky until 7.1.5 they have to grind extra stuff to upgrade them to 940....

Also some legendaries changed drasticly suddenly have completely different effects or are suddenly useable by multiple specs with different effects.

AP has set goals/gains and purpose, the only "goal" legendaries have is to feel shit when you don't get the ones you want, or feeling forced to lock your loot spec in your main role as getting multiple legendaries further will only lower chances of getting more.

Even if you potentially want 2 legendaries for each of your 2-4 specs it's impossible right now to target the ones you want, when you want.

Overall They need to fix this fast before 7.2, and not add new ones until at least 7.3 , and instead increase the droprate to fix it, you can only wear 2, so power creep won't come from it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-26 at 01:11 AM.

well now that the game has been out 5~ months, most serious players are on 4-6 legendaries. Meaning they likely have 2 good ones, so they no longer need to complain about how legendaries cause them to have trash dps or how unfair the system is.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we have what we have for this expansion. they cant remove them, so we just have to stick it out with the current design implementation.

The key will be to let blizzard know how much you despise the system so that they dont make the same mistake in the future. (Think of it kind of like how garrisons were universally disliked in wod).
    Hi

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    well now that the game has been out 5~ months, most serious players are on 4-6 legendaries. Meaning they likely have 2 good ones, so they no longer need to complain about how legendaries cause them to have trash dps or how unfair the system is.
    Still they got unneeded punishment by time gating the upgrade system behind a limited amount of content, yes you can easily get like 1 legendary upgrade a week if you do it all, but even so, if you have 6 legendaries it will still take like 3-4 weeks minimum to upgrade all of them, especially when you can "lose" amanthul essences by going over the 50/50 quest.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Well we have what we have for this expansion. they cant remove them, so we just have to stick it out with the current design implementation.

The key will be to let blizzard know how much you despise the system so that they dont make the same mistake in the future. (Think of it kind of like how garrisons were universally disliked in wod).
    Yes they can't remove them, so please hoping they don't add new ones for a long time, I know 7.2 hints at crafted legendaries but if those aren't gated behind RNG it's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Still they got unneeded punishment by time gating the upgrade system behind a limited amount of content, yes you can easily get like 1 legendary upgrade a week if you do it all, but even so, if you have 6 legendaries it will still take like 3-4 weeks minimum to upgrade all of them, especially when you can "lose" amanthul essences by going over the 50/50 quest.
    and it'll take 2 week to upgrade the two you'll use, then you can upgrade the others by just normal play.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

You are right but they are balancing(modifying) their effects all the time. Thus the ones you got those were good might not be as good in the future and it feels very bad to know that I have to farm much more to get the one I want which is a new legendary that just came available in 7.15

7+ Year Old Account
    1. because legendaries really dont matter much anymore, as the people it effects have like 5+ now, and people are busy enjoying the game instead of crying?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Don't worry I am sure in 7.2 and 7.3 you will have to do stuff to upgrade the item level again. The war has just begun. So I suggest grabbing a box of tissues and soaking up those tears.

I personally have no problem with the upgrading system. It is not ridiculously long and I know when I can get my upgrade.

For getting a desired legendary tho, is another story. It is a grind that you don't know what is gonna happen. I think lots of ppl talk about this in the past 5 month or so. My key point is grinding is not painful, as long as it is rewarding. Grinding with punishing(might be a too strong word) outcome is just not right.

Legendarys dosent matter that much not even the high end raiders bother so much its not an issue. Alot of the 54 trait people arent even fully heroic cleard they are bitching for nothing

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the mods just close every thread anyway.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

What more is there to say? Everybody's already said their piece about it. What do you expect? A no legendaries march?

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    The system IS trash

I have 4 legendaries on my MAIN hunter. Sephuz, Pyrdaz, Healing Pants, and the MM bracers when I was MM loot spec for EN. Meanwhile the other hunter in my group has Belt, Boots, MM ring and another BM hunter has Shoulders and BM ring.

I love having 3 stupid expletive legendaries that are shared and not even specific to a spec its great. This whole legendary thing has soured my opinion of Legion greatly

Deleted
    The legendaries only really matter to tiny minority (the ~5% mythic raiders) - the system is just fine for the rest of the population.

Yes, it sucks and it's potentially game breaking if you're serious about your mythic progression, but in that case you probably grind M+ Maw 24/7 anyhow and have legendaries coming out of your ears. Or you quit because you couldn't take it. Problem solved.

For most players the legendaries are just nice, "fun" drops so the discussion tends to revolve around mythic raiders crying about how they're "forced" to do stuff and how shit the system is. The rest of us are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The topic has been beaten to death. What more can there possibly be to say about this?
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-01-26 at 06:53 AM.